Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
For every case, lets consider you no longer have an egg and are the only one having to face a team of people camping, also without an egg, but won't leave the island, and prefer gearing up until they each have 5 sets of diamond, so they won't go after you if you wait for them to come to you, you have to go in that 5v1.
Battle shopping.
I really believe this is a map specific problem, that a solution needs to be found for the individual maps affected.

Battle shopping on some maps is a serious problem as you cannot fight the other team as they swap/buy gear faster than you can kill each of them.

Whether a map is prone to battle shopping or not falls down to a few properties:
- How easy it is to collect diamonds mid fight.
- How safe it is to shop.
- How easy it is to prevent the player from shopping by placing blocks.

PROBLEM
Maps for which battle shopping is a problem (4 maps): + solution .

Garden: Move the villager 1-2 blocks outwards and more in the open area.
-> also moves the build protection that stops us from placing blocks to stop respawning players from gearing up easily every time

Food: Move the villager slightly outwards closer to mid in a more centered position.

Huts: Move the villager or the diamond gen outside or in an upstairs compartment, somewhere that is further from the diamond gen but not tedious to go to.

Kingdom: Make the entrance to the diamond room slimmer/lower, (even half slabs on the top) so you only need 3 obsidian to block the diamond gen.

SOLUTION
Maps for which battle shopping is not a problem (19 maps) : + What stops battle shopping from being a problem.

Medieval & Jungle:
Blocking up the villager inside a container away from gens + spawnpoint (house, hut etc..)

City, Aztec, Space, Forest, Magic, Oriental, Under da Sea & Instruments:
It is possible to hit the player off the map while shopping.

Pizza:
Gens are risky to go to, can get knocked off getting gold/diamond + flat island.

Mushrooms:
It is easy to knock people off the island / isolate the generators.

Storm:
Position of the diamond gen is risky making collecting diamonds mid fight risky.

Tea Party, Treehouse & Toys:
Easy to block up the diamond gen, stopping players from gearing on the fly again.

Western:
Possible to block up the villager, map has enough void that battle shopping is less of a problem.

Beach:
Diamond gen is far enough from the island.

Fairground: I can't really put this anywhere, it just works, I think it's because it's easy to escape/bow people off.

Maps I left out:
Dwarven - I can't remember where to place this one.

Original post inspired from this thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/limit-shopping-during-a-fight-eggwars.203800/

I would like some feedback on possible map changes that would fix the problem, if you see any problem at all, and if you agree or not on how which maps need editing.

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
For every case, lets consider you no longer have an egg and are the only one having to face a team of people camping, also without an egg, but won't leave the island, and prefer gearing up until they each have 5 sets of diamond, so they won't go after you if you wait for them to come to you, you have to go in that 5v1.

I really believe this is a map specific problem, that a solution needs to be found for the individual maps where battle shopping is a problem.

Battle shopping on some maps is a serious problem as you cannot fight the other team as they swap/buy gear faster than you can kill each of them.

Whether a map is prone to battle shopping or not falls down to 2 things:

Battle shopping is not a problem : + What stops battle shopping from being a problem.

Medieval & Jungle:
Blocking up the villager inside a container away from gens + spawnpoint (house, hut etc..)

Pizza:
Gens are risky to go to, can get knocked off getting gold/diamond + flat island.

Mushrooms:

Storm:
Position of the diamond gen is risky making collecting diamonds mid fight risky.

Easy to block up the diamond gen, stopping players from gearing on the fly again.

Western:
Possible to block up the villager, map has enough void that battle shopping is less of a problem.

Beach:

Fairground: I can't really put this anywhere, it just works, I think it's because it's easy to escape/bow people off.

Battle shopping is a problem: + solution .

-> also moves the build protection that stops us from placing blocks to stop respawning players from gearing up easily every time

Food: Move the villager slightly outwards closer to mid in a more centered position.

Huts: Move the villager or the diamond gen outside or in an upstairs compartment, somewhere that is further from the diamond gen but not tedious to go to.

Kingdom: Make the entrance to the diamond room slimmer/lower, (even half slabs on the top) so you only need 3 obsidian to block the diamond gen.

Maps I left out:

Original thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/limit-shopping-during-a-fight-eggwars.203800/

I would like some feedback on possible map changes that would fix the problem, if you see any problem at all, and if you agree or not on how which maps need editing.

Meh. You guys are making a big deal out of something that is not going to ruin your game. Please let this not become a thing.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

I really believe this is a map specific problem, that a solution needs to be found for the individual maps where battle shopping is a problem.

Whether a map is prone to battle shopping or not falls down to 2 things:

Battle shopping is not a problem : + What stops battle shopping from being a problem.

Medieval & Jungle:

Pizza:

Mushrooms:

Storm:

Western:

Beach:

Battle shopping is a problem: + solution .

Maps I left out:

Original thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/limit-shopping-during-a-fight-eggwars.203800/

I agree woth @_The13thDoctor_. I am not one to do battle shopping much, but I don’t think it would destroy the game if this wasn’t fixed.
I think it shouldn’t be fixed as players might find a way around it and how it will probably annoy A LOT of players.
Those are just my opinions and thoughts on the subject.

TheBoom989

Oct 11, 2017
Ok, so you're in a fight. Nope cant buy anything
I just died let's buy gear. Nope someone just hit you.

Make sense?
They could just sense if you've been in a fight for a long enough time. Also, if you lose a fight at your island and they are still there, you have probably lost.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

Make sense?
How will a person hitting you prevent you from shopping?
This thread is only suggesting some minor map changes to only a few maps. These changes won't effect shopping at all, but rather, where the villager is found or where the diamond gen on an island is located (or reworking the area around the diamond gens). I really don't see how getting hit will prevent you from shopping with only these changes.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I think these changes will make the situation you mentioned even harder to combat. Usually when you fight multiple people with tons of gear you want to have easy access to their shop and diamond generator for yourself. I don't like OP eggwars games that last to the point where people have full diamond anyway so I don't mind if these changes were made.

What I really think needs to happen is the ender pearl price being significantly reduced so that they are obtainable before people get full diamond armor in the first place. Also the server updating to 1.9.2 for the better armor values would help out OP eggwars a lot too as well as the server in general with faster fights that everyone likes.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)

Make sense?
No sense at all...
This has nothing to do with this thread....

Did you even read ?
"Map Changes" = changes to the map.
HOW can you not buy gear after someone just hit you ?
Does hitting you make you forget the location of the villager ?

I think you are clearly missing the point.
I agree woth @_The13thDoctor_. I am not one to do battle shopping much, but I don’t think it would destroy the game if this wasn’t fixed.
I think it shouldn’t be fixed as players might find a way around it and how it will probably annoy A LOT of players.
Those are just my opinions and thoughts on the subject.
"A way around it" ... what do you mean ?
I would like to have those 4 maps more like the 19 other maps... do you also have a problem with the 19 maps I mentioned ?

Last edited:

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Apparently some users are getting mixed up between this suggestion and a previous suggestion.
I have reformatted the original post so it is easier to understand.
I hope from here on out you all understand that I am suggesting changes to the maps :

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Apparently some users are getting mixed up between this suggestion and a previous suggestion.
I have reformatted the original post so it is easier to understand.
I hope from here on out you all understand that I am suggesting changes to the maps :

I like how the villagers are in their positions. And moving them makes everything more exposed. DEFINITELY NOT!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Sad to see you go. Thanks for everything! Good luck with your future! 🥚🥚🥚
Reesle wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you Soul, for everything (including Blockwars Giga, I like it)!
Reesle wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for all of the awesome things you’ e done for the server and this community. Good luck with your future ventures and goals.
Thank you for the kind messages everyone. Keep building awesome.
Hoshi wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Love you man, hope you'll stick around <3

:cubie:
Top Bottom