Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What should be updated?

• Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 45 61.6%
  • Give stone rankers everything rankers have.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Increase party limit.

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Increase friends limit.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Give stone rankers the ability to choose maps again.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Choose this option if you choosed to change something or if you do not know what to change.

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMaxxie

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2017
Discrimination against stone rankers
Once, I saw a guy chatting: 'Wie wil er party? Alleen rankers.' or translated: 'Who wants a party invite? I only invite rankers.' We cannot do anything against this of course, but the way the server is made also discriminates stone rankers in a way.

I do not have a rank but still, I play almost every day on this server, whenever I have the time to do so. Sometimes, I play with friends. However, when I play alone or with friends without a rank, I face some difficulties and annoying things, which I think could be easily solved by updating a few things, or to undo some updates that created this problems.

I categorised this thread in different sections, so feel free to read only one and to vote for only one particular problem. This is a mega thread after all.

Party limit
First of all, I want to address the problem that we - as I do not have a rank - cannot invite more than two players into our party. This is an old thread I made about it: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/party-limit-of-2.207038/#post-1088858
Exactly 1/3 of all respondents says that they want to remove the party limit, I think we should at least increase it, as it is very annoying to join at the same time with a friend, because you have to count down and there is a chance that you do not join the same server actually, so you have to rejoin. After all, it is more difficult to join the same map than it was a few years ago, when we could just choose maps as stone rankers. That way - let's say we are playing Team Skywars - we can choose which map to join. More about that, in the section about the ability to choose maps.

You can say that we have to buy a rank to solve the problem, but there are other servers as well where no party limit is given. With an unlimited party limit, however, there is the possiblity that players invite everyone and such big party's can crash the server, and so on. But, you still have to accept a party invite. And, we can at least increase the amount of players you can invite as a stone ranker, for we will not play with ten players, because the chance that one of them has a rank is big. When you play with three people, the chance is small that one of them has a rank. So, increase it, I would say.

Friends list limit
Another 'problem' that annoys me is that we cannot have more than 10 friends. I do not think that it is a real problem, because you can still invite eachother, you can just not see when a friend joins the server. Some friends are inactive as well, and we can just remove them from our friend list, but again: it is very annoying to keep your friends list up to date. For rankers, it is not a diciding factor to buy a rank. It is only annoying for people without a rank. Even, friendships can be undone because of this, because you will not see it when an old friend joins the server again, and thus, you have to find other ways to contact him or her, but that is not always possible. For example, I have a friend who join the server almost never, but when he does, I ask him how life is going and things, but I had to remove him from my friendlist, simply because I had too much friends, and wanted to keep some space for new friends.

Missing the ability to choose maps
This is a weird point because this was possible a few years ago. Do you remember the signs system, where you had different lobby's for every gamemode? There was a wall with signs where you could choose from. You could choose almost every map. I think the change has something to do with the decreasing popularity of Minecraft at that time, but now, more players are playing Minecraft again, and thus, there is no lack of servers. So we must be able to choose our own maps again. This could be a deciding factor for players to buy a rank, though, but the effect will be small. It is more difficult to join the same map together when the party is full, and it is very annoying to come in a map in Team Skywars where there are teams of five players when you are in a party of only three.

We can also just make it the way it is on some other servers. You can keep the NPC's, but let players choose with how many players they would like to play. Do they want to play 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 for example? That way, maps are still a ranker's privilege, but it does not ruin gameplay for players without a rank. This would have a very small impact on Cubecraft's finances, so Cubecraft will not shut down thanks to a lack of money.

The NPC's now look professional, but functionality (the signs) is more important. With the solution introduced above, you have a combination of professionality and functionality for stone rankers. @S4nne made a topic about bringing back the old lobby: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/change-the-main-lobby.226561/

Missing the ability to vote
In some gamemodes, this is possible for us, but in Skywars or Eggwars, we cannot vote for gamemodes. I think it would be fun to introduce this to Stone rankers as well, but not all Stone rankers play that long, and thus, some people will vote wrong, and something is needed for Cubecraft to make money, because the server has to run. In an ideal world, that would be no point, but it is not catrastrophic that Stone rankers cannot vote. It does not ruin fun or something. There could be players who do not like a certain level like Overpowered or Basic, but if all Stone rankers could vote, the result would be the same. In addition to that, for most rankers, this is one deciding factor to buy a rank. Because they can vote. On most other servers, normal players cannot vote for gamemodes (normal, overpowered, etc.) too.

Cosmetics
This is where marketing should be targeted to: cosmetics. It should be the deciding factor for buying ranks, although it is not. Normal players get a lot of Cubelets too. Today, it is too easy for normal players to get many cosmetics in my opinion. If we will get less cosmetic rewards, does it matter? It does not ruin gameplay in any way and it is not annoying. Fortnite for example makes exclusively money with cosmetic items, and that works perfectly. It is possible to get a free skin though, but that is more difficult, and receiving cosmetic rewards on Cubecraft should be made more difficult as well. Or make it easier for players with a rank to get cosmetics.

Conclusion
So, the party limit should increase, like on other servers and the friend list limit should increase. We should also get the ability to choose maps again, as previously. I do not really care for cosmetics, so feel free to discuss about that and the ability to vote was always a privilege of players with a rank. On other big, commercial servers, it is also a privilege of players with a rank, so I do not find it such a big deal. It does not ruin gameplay as party limit, friends limit and missing the ability to choose maps. At least, the last point should be changed, as we are not sure if the first things will improve the server. But giving stone rankers the ability to choose maps again, will improve it for sure. A lot of players did not like that and stopped playing Cubecraft instead of buying a rank, thanks to that update.

The problem with the party limit and choosing maps could be solved by just solving one of them. If we could join maps again, I really do not care if I am in a party with friends, as we can just say: 'Join this map, join that map,' etc. Even that is not possible now. It is a kind of luck game where you hope that you join together with your friends if nobody has a rank. And a rank should be after all an extra, not something which is normal and necessary as we already paid for this game.

Rankers could say it is 'scamming' when someone change, but they should actually realise that they are donating and not buying something. Cubecraft sill has the right to remove any feature as is said in the terms. It is after all to keep the server running.

If that update was not implented, more players could have stayed and Cubecraft would have more players than now. Thus there could be more players with a rank.

Feel free to discuss about those topics in this thread and I will, maybe, update this thread with more explanation. After all, have fun playing, whether you do have a rank or not!

In the poll by the way, you can vote for more options together.

Sidenote
The intention of this thread is not to change every privilege of a ranker. It is to change some. I just included all ranker privileges as it would make it more clear and some people could agree/disagree with it. I said what my thoughts are through this thread, so if you disagree with something, please let me know clearly underneath this thread and tell me why.
I think they should just keep it. because what else do you buy a rank for?

Reactions: Hoshi
D

Deleted member 373055

Staff, can this thread be closed? I believe more then enough players leaved their vote, and I, personally, has received an Iron rank from Dreym, so I do not have any problems anymore.

I want to say to the people who reacted, that it is forbidden to revive old threads and it is really annoying to receive notifications from it. I am sorry: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/

Rule 3.4.

Reactions: GiGaGekkies
D

Deleted member 492126

Staff, can this thread be closed? I believe more then enough players leaved their vote, and I, personally, has received an Iron rank from Dreym, so I do not have any problems anymore.

I want to say to the people who reacted, that it is forbidden to revive old threads and it is really annoying to receive notifications from it. I am sorry: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules/

Rule 3.4.
Locked as requested by the thread owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom