• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Seriously.
Emerald and Obsidian rank have practically no difference.
Obsidian rank gets more vanity. Thats all.
So, to spice things up i bring you this suggestion. LETS ROLL.

I think that Obsidian ranks should have the ability to start up the maps of their choice in any gamemode.
So in EggWars, for example-

You are an Obsidian ranked player, wishing there was a significant difference between yourself and Emerald Rank.
You want to play the map Pizza in eggwars, however, there are no Pizzas available.
You are sad. You do not get to play the map you want to play.

*1 week later*

You want to play the map Pizza again, but it is sadly not there.
However, Cube has just released a MASSIVE vanity update, allowing Obsidian ranked players to start up a map of their choice.
You haven't realized it yet because you haven't checked the forums in 5 years.
You open the map selector, and you see something strange.
A Nether Star is at the bottom middle of the map selector.
So, in your sense of curiosity, you click it.
It lets you know that you can load up the map you want to play.
YAY! You realize that you can finnaly play the map you want to play, exclusive to the OBSIDIAN rank you have. (Of course staff aswell :P)
You are also happy because there is now a difference between Obsidian and Emerald.

iGamingMango

Oct 21, 2016
The basement
Seriously.

I think that Obsidian ranks should have the ability to start up the maps of their choice in any gamemode.

You are an Obsidian ranked player, wishing there was a significant difference between yourself and Emerald Rank.
You want to play the map Pizza in eggwars, however, there are no Pizzas available.

*1 week later*

However, Cube has just released a MASSIVE vanity update, allowing Obsidian ranked players to start up a map of their choice.
YAY! You realize that you can finnaly play the map you want to play, exclusive to the OBSIDIAN rank you have. (Of course staff aswell :p)
You are also happy because there is now a difference between Obsidian and Emerald.

Like the idea, at the end I felt your story was slowly transitioning into a fanfic XD

But with a bit of development, this would be a great idea, maybe it could be available to all ranks BUT, higher ranks get more maps to choose from? (if my contribution was added you would probably be able to choose at gold+)

Reactions: Deeds

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Seriously.

*1 week later*

YAY! You realize that you can finnaly play the map you want to play, exclusive to the OBSIDIAN rank you have. (Of course staff aswell :p)
Umm wouldn't this start to cause lag If all the maps are open on every game
Not too sure but either way I guess this could be cool

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Like the idea, at the end I felt your story was slowly transitioning into a fanfic XD

But with a bit of development, this would be a great idea, maybe it could be available to all ranks BUT, higher ranks get more maps to choose from? (if my contribution was added you would probably be able to choose at gold+)
Maybe it could also go like this-

Gold- 2 player maps
Diamond- 2,3 player maps
Emerald- 2,3,4 player maps
Obsidian- 2,3,4,5,6 player maps.

Reactions: iGamingMango

iGamingMango

Oct 21, 2016
The basement
Umm wouldn't this start to cause lag If all the maps are open on every game
Not too sure but either way I guess this could be cool
yes, that is an issue, to control this I propose bringing in a price, you have to pay vanity points to do this, possibly with larger maps costing more vanity points. This would also support the purpose of improving the difference to emerald and obsidian

Last edited:

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
It's a nice suggestion, makes Obsidian worth C:
+1 But also I think more features should be added to obsidian Rank

Reactions: 0ffense

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I think this would cause a lot of problems as the server would have to have way more lobbies available to players which would lag the server a lot. Not to mention donor (All ranks) can already join a game that they want in most game modes and pick the map (quick join feature).

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
How exactly would this work?
Imagine there's 100 obsidian ranks requesting a map: Won't that cause Cube to run out of available servers to host each game? It'd be pretty hectic & cause other maps to never appear since the ranks don't like them.
An option could be the use of vanity points to summon a map. That way, vanity points aren't as useless as they are now (for people that have everything purchased).

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Seah, agreed.
Probably should be 500-1000 vanity points to start up a map.
You can start up a map every hour...?

iGamingMango

Oct 21, 2016
The basement
Imagine there's 100 obsidian ranks requesting a map: Won't that cause Cube to run out of available servers to host each game? It'd be pretty hectic & cause other maps to never appear since the ranks don't like them.
An option could be the use of vanity points to summon a map. That way, vanity points aren't as useless as they are now (for people that have everything purchased).

-_-

I literally said that.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Seriously.

*1 week later*

I love this idea! Would really make a bigger significance between Obsidian & Emerald ranks. :)
The only issue I could see is lag but it could be possibly reduced by making the map appear in the map cycle and takes over a full or non existent map.
(If the previous statement isn't clear continue reading this : For example if you decide you want the map Pizza yet their are no Pizza maps you just click on the nether star to summon the map then a timer will appear over the map for only you saying when will this map appear in the cycle in addition to that it would be prioritized to appear next!)
Gold- 2 player maps
Diamond- 2,3 player maps
Emerald- 2,3,4 player maps
Obsidian- 2,3,4,5,6 player maps.
As a gold rank myself I don't think this is needed. By having this it would cause much much more lag since you mostly find gold+ ranks on the server, since obsidian rank is a more rare rank to find I would think the best option is for only the obsidian ranks to have this feature.

Achillez

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2017
Netherlands // Albania

Well, umm... Idk how it works but on hypixel an MVP+ can do this already, so it must be possible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom