Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I disagree, some staff have things to do, a life to live. But the bedrock network is understaffed.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
To end with, some staff members have other internal responsibilities.
Agreed! We do a lot of things within the community that usually can go unnoticed or is behind the scenes.
If it's not for a long period, acceptable. But when someone is planning on being inactive for months, they should be (temporarily) demoted.
I believe this is sometimes true already. However, it is a pain to do everything so losing their rank isn't always the best option.
If I’m a volunteer fireman that doesn’t mean I can just say like “Oh no I don’t want to stop this fire rn”.
It's Minecraft, not a life-threatening fire
80% seems kinda much and a complete guess, as you are not staff.
It seems about right to me xD. I don't really handle reports much anymore but I'm still very active punishing players, helping in discord, and responding on the forums!
It’s not the job of a moderator to work on updates.
It is. We sometimes act as a Quality Assurance for updates and provide feedback and suggestions.
I disagree, some staff have things to do, a life to live. But the bedrock network is understaffed.
That is a matter of hiring more bedrock staff. By demoting staff, Java may be harder to moderate meaning that less effort will be focussed on Bedrock.
To conclude, I don't know of any inactive mods, and if there were AnimalTamer and CapitanGato will handle them accordingly. Demoting a bunch of people for new staff isn't a good idea. These helper waves are small for a reason, there are really not too many people qualified to be staff.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I mean, ye sure but the staff-team is out of the players hand no?
True, but this subforum is for any cube related suggestion/feedback. It doesn’t matter what kind of topic.
Dumb thread.
Lol ok. I just made a suggestion. Why would you post something like this.
It is. We sometimes act as a Quality Assurance for updates and provide feedback and suggestions.
Sorry, I wasn’t aware of that. It still shouldn’t take that much time. Maybe a few weeks.
Java may be harder to moderate meaning that less effort will be focussed on Bedrock.
If you demote inactive mods, it shouldn’t make that much difference. In fact, when the Dutch and Spanish applications reopen, it will be much easier.

Reactions: Technosword

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Lol ok. I just made a suggestion. Why would you post something like this.
Cause it's a stupid suggestion maybe next time think twice before just posting some random suggestion. Just think for yourself why this isn't a good suggestion lol before posting it.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
To conclude, I don't know of any inactive mods, and if there were AnimalTamer and CapitanGato will handle them accordingly. Demoting a bunch of people for new staff isn't a good idea. These helper waves are small for a reason, there are really not too many people qualified to be staff.

I like this answer! I'm gonna be a little presumptuous here and speak from my own experience, however outdated it may be now in the current staff team's setting. There will be the one or two moderator who will appear to be super inactive. I don't know how it's like now. Anyways, this means they (inactive mods) rarely check on the forums, Discord, and even forgoing logging onto the servers for weeks. There might be reasons for it, who knows! But I'd hardly say it's up to the community to decide or push for demotions. Let the staff team work it out on their own, it's their job in the first place! In my opinion it's a lot better to have someone who's proven to be capable of moderating and worthy of trust to stay on the team than not. Of course, if it ever comes to the point where the inactivity becomes really extreme, I'd personally make a staff feedback if you have any complaints. But all in all, eh.

EDIT: Upon reflection, I mean if there's really a big issue with super duper helpers being blocked from applying, I think there's other options that can be taken without pushing people out to have replacements come in. It's a volunteer team in the end, not an overly strict mini army. No one really wants to come to bitter terms with anyone, so if there's really a problem with applicants not having a chance to apply. Well... I guess just take it up with the recruitment team.

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Lots of people explained it very well already so my opinion wouldn't have that much valuable anymore, but I still wanted to share my opinion about this.

I get it, people want to become a staff member but they simply can't because there are enough moderators to handle reports etc etc, but I'm quite sure that "inactive" moderators have a valid reason(s) to be inactive for a bit. And however they may appear inactive, they are active but in a different way other than other moderators.

Demoting or cleaning up staff members who are not as active as others/inactive is not something I'd support. Being a moderator is indeed voluntary and you can't imagine how big of a responsibility you have as a staff member : Being a role-model, taking care of the community their safety on our network, helping people out every day, keeping the server as clear from cheaters as possible. Of course, we chose for it ourselves but does that have to mean that we can't take a break? Of course, this being a voluntary position doesn't mean that we can be very inactive for a while just because we want to. We still have responsibilities but I'm 100% sure that there are valid reasons for some moderators to take some time off.

It's nice to see that you care about the staff-team, but this is just not it for me.

Ornaixx

Novice Member
Oct 29, 2020
There have been times where staff are inactive and in the staff help on the discord. But at least they get to it, and they don't let it pile up. The only way I can see inactive staff being a problem is by appeals and conversations for discord bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

privqted wrote on Muhh's profile.
hi man. i noticed this issue on ur account. please get this correct asAP.
1713550463208.png
Infringement wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on becoming a Helper!
Your pink now!!!!
Infringement wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Mintypie231, how’s your day going?

Good or Bad
Alexp192 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats 🎉
Top Bottom