Not open for further replies.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey guys, I had two small suggestions to make it easier for players to figure out staff languages on discord.

Idea 1) Give roles to each staff member (Mods and helpers) so people can see what languages they speak, I attached an image of what it could look like, for example, that grey role is what Spanish mods can have. This would include there flag at the beginning of the role name or end depending on what's easiest. I feel like this would help users go to the right staff member for help.

Idea 2) Copy // Paste StorySays list of staff languages and pin it to staff-help so users can also find the right staff member to get help from.

These ideas are small and might not affect most of you, but could be very important to other users.

Attachments

• asd.JPG
    asd.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

NotAName

Jun 12, 2015
Colombia
I like this idea, for now only Translators have the languages as our job directly involves languages but I think it could be really useful to have this implemented for other ranks such as Helpers and Moderators. About making them ping-able I disagree as many staff members speak another language (ex: Dutch) so tagging the language would ping a lot of staff members at the same time when it's not really needed.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
but I think it could be really useful to have this implemented for other ranks such as Helpers and Moderators.

That's the suggestion. :P

About making them ping-able I disagree as many staff members speak another language (ex: Dutch) so tagging the language would ping a lot of staff members at the same time when it's not really needed.

That's not part of the suggestion. :P

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Instead of having the language they speak written, imo it’d be better to have the flag associated with the language, like: 🇪🇸 , as some people speak 2 languages (other than English) and can get pretty long (eg, @Spoon would have Moderator, Spanish/Español, Catalonian/Catala)

I’ve just woke up so hope this makes sense

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Instead of having the language they speak written, imo it’d be better to have the flag associated with the language, like: 🇪🇸 , as some people speak 2 languages (other than English) and can get pretty long (eg, @Spoon would have Moderator, Spanish/Español, Catalonian/Catala)

I’ve just woke up so hope this makes sense

No, that could confuse people, believe it or not, some people wouldn't know there own flag or mix it up due to some flag's being similar, to make it simple and easy as possible, it should be written. Also, role length wouldn't be that long or much of an issue.

Reactions: Priley and Vict0r

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
that could confuse people, believe it or not, some people wouldn't know there own flag or mix it up due to some flag's being similar,
Not each countries’ flag, that would be total madness and could confuse people, as you said. I mean something like this:
1591945646993.jpeg

But without words and mexican and brazilian

Sl0wMo7ion

Server & Marketplace Quality Assurance
Feb 19, 2020
Bulgaria
cubecraft.net
Yes, this will be very helpful for people who are searching for a staff member with specific language. For now only the translators have language roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SugaaKat wrote on Reesle's profile.
i really hope this is the right place to write this (im really stupid and cant figure out the forum layout)
BUT HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY BRO, I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE 😭
HOPE IT WAS THE BEST!!
UncleSpect wrote on Thjis's profile.
🤍
Matriox wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Beans
1714941476189.png

Did I do this right?
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
:disagree:
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
Top Bottom