Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Dear staff,
You really need to define spam, I have been told three short messages is ok, I have also been told off for it.
Screenshot_20201027-160727_Discord.jpg

This is not allowed
Screenshot_20201027-160752_Discord.jpg

This is the same thing except the second one is in different languages all meaning the same word.
Therefore saying:
"हा" (Ha according to google translate)
"HA"
"哈" (Ha according to translate)
Would be completely acceptable despite having the same meaning.
PLEASE make a full defenition of spam as the current rule "No spamming" is obviously meaningless and open to abuse.
(This isn't just Goefy (sorry for using you) I have seen other staff doing it aswell)

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
It does make sense that some punishments are based on the staffs opinipn. They cant make procedures for every scenario that could ever occur
happens in TD too tho, some punish for 3 misplaced towers, others punish for more/less. there should be a specific rule about what is considered rule breaking, this way things like this wouldnt happen so easily again

KitsuneToru

Jul 14, 2020
I suggested that they revamped the Discord rules to improve things like consistency in the rules just over a month ago, and got this response in this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/refresh-the-discord-rules-and-faq-channel.265387/
Hello!!
I will do a complete redesign in our next major rules update. I have a couple of urgent projects in my to do list, but as soon as I finish it I will start with this.
Thanks for your suggestion! 💕
Hopefully they haven't forgotten about it and the Discord rules should be more clear soon - including for spam however from what I've heard it'll be a long time coming which is extremely disappointing.
Not only will this ensure that people know how not to break the rules, it'll also ensure that there is more consistency in punishments by the staff team, like how I was banned from the discord recently because I said something that some mods considered allowed, despite countless staff members not punishing for it before.
The Discord moderation system has always lacked a lot of transparency and consistency, which has improved somewhat over time, but still needs critical improvements, and this is one of them. I wholeheartedly support more clarification of the Discord rules, and thank someone else for bringing it up as well.

Reactions: Conea64
Top Bottom