Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
First of all, I apologize my bad grammar but I've been on vacation so I haven't been practicing my English, I'm so sorry.

I know there are other threads discussing about this but I'm here to talk about the bad connection South Americans like me are always dealing with.

The problem

As we all know, CCG is hosted in the United Kingdom, that means, European players are not likely to have this problem, but there's a huge percentage of players from countries such as Argentina, Chile, Brasil, Peru, Ecuador, Mexico, Colombia, etc that have this problem when playing in the server. We all have at least 200ms, and for us is really sad to realize that we aren't able to play fluently in our favourite server (perhaps).

Consequences

As a result of the distance between the host and our countries, we don't only experiment lag, but also we witness a noticeable delay when we open chests (SkyWars), shoot an arrow, PVP, open the trading villager (Eggwars), shooting snowballs(arcade games), etc
And believe me or not it is a big disadvantage when our opponent is an English guy with perhaps 20ms and we are a South American guy with 270ms. We just can't enjoy the whole server as others do.

Possible solutions / My suggestion

So, what I've been thinking and could be the best solution is to to make another host in the US maybe, or in the SA perhaps, an SA/US server and an EU server. If the new host is in the US, we aren't going to get 30ms like others from Europe, but at least we won't get 250ms as we used to, hosting CCG in the US should give SA people around 140-190ms which is, at least, way better than 270ms or even 300ms. If hosted in SA (in a country like Chile, Peru, or Bolivia, which are located in the middle of SA) would give us -100ms for sure.

But then we have the problem that IT WON'T BE AN EASY TASK
Certainly, hosting a whole server to another country is not an easy task to make in a single day, it would take several months. But if they finally decide to make this "South American's dream" come true, it is going to be a tough task.

THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ THIS, AND WE REALLY HOPE THIS IDEA COULD BE DONE.

-Gabo

Last edited:

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I think this would be fair. I belive mineplex has a few servers too.
I play in the South of Spain, and i have like 20-40 ms on average, so i think if there were in the US the SAs should have less than 100ms, but im no expert.
I really like this idea although it wont really change anything for me, but its nice for other people to have.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Location isnt always just the problem, the problem can be rooted in or a combination of

Atmospheric or Solar conditions
Weather
Weak computer
Bad router or modem
Materials in the area or in the ground (such as iron deposits)
Bad internet service provider
Router or modem lag (can be fixed with a reboot)
A computer with a nearly full hard drive or a virus
Or numerus other things

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
@Gainfullterror what's your ping again?

Anyway, as a Brazilian my self I know how it feels, the Internet in South America is just, well crap.
The internet providers aren't a bit better. We have to pay a high amounts of money for some 40mb/s internet.
Luckily I moved to Europe so my ping is now better, like a lot.
But I do understand how South and North Americans feel. Both of them are having trouble with Cubecraft because it's host is in the UK.
They confirmed that they would make Cubecraft a NA server, but when, we do not know.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark

Anyway, as a Brazilian my self I know how it feels, the Internet in South America is just, well crap.
The internet providers aren't a bit better. We have to pay a high amounts of money for some 40mb/s internet.
Luckily I moved to Europe so my ping is now better, like a lot.
But I do understand how South and North Americans feel. Both of them are having trouble with Cubecraft because it's host is in the UK.
They confirmed that they would make Cubecraft a NA server, but when, we do not know.
Wow, i didn't know that it was so expensive for only 40mb/s. For me it is not to expensive and i have really good speed.
I do hope they do make a host in SA though, for the SAmericans.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
My ping ranges from 140-190 and I live a few hundred miles above the coast of Venezuela.
It's annoying to deal with sometimes, but I can manage. For instance: some people may be able to hit me before I get in their range, which is something that bad ping can cause. They are hitting me on THEIR screen, while I'm still a bit farther away from them on MY screen.

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
Location isnt always just the problem, the problem can be rooted in or a combination of

Weather
Weak computer
Bad router or modem
Or numerus other things
Well, with core i7, 12gb ram, Nvidia graphics (decent) and 25mb/s of connection (quite good) I receive around 200ms

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Damn, I don't know how you guys play.
150-ish is not that bad right? As far as I know, 200 and below is considered decent, 200+ is considered meh and 350+ bad. I actually don't know. When I play in the Netherlands I get about 15-30 ping and in Spain about 90-130. A US based server would be awesome for US, SA, and even some Asian players. My question is: wouldn't it divide the community? Or can players on the US server play with players on the EU server?

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Hmm, I wouldn't know since I live in London and get like 3 ms
2c7.gif

Reactions: ISTY.

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
150-ish is not that bad right? As far as I know, 200 and below is considered decent, 200+ is considered meh and 350+ bad. I actually don't know. When I play in the Netherlands I get about 15-30 ping and in Spain about 90-130. A US based server would be awesome for US, SA, and even some Asian players. My question is: wouldn't it divide the community? Or can players on the US server play with players on the EU server?
Yes, I totally forgot about this topic, and is that, both US players and EU players could play together even if they are in different server

HeyItsGabss

Nov 12, 2016
Lima
I would love a host in North/Central America by I believe Mac actually said it wasn't much of a priority at the moment in one of his streams. I have many South/Central American friends who simply won't play cubecraft because its way too laggy for them :(
Yes, I agree with him, I mean, it ISN'T a PRIORITY right now, but it's a good idea that maybe in a near future will come out

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I've heard rumors around a year ago that a US server is planned, however, I cannot be sure that they are true.

Weather
Weak computer
Bad router or modem
Or numerus other things
At least it'll help ;).

Spinnypoo

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2016
mum
www.cubecraft.net
Well, I'm from Australia and.. "Did you know that a pigeon is faster than 80% of Australia's internet".
So the struggle is REAL for me.
But I get what you are saying :)

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016

Weather
Weak computer
Bad router or modem
Or numerus other things
There's clearly causation considering he lives continents away from the host

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Dualninja's profile.
Hey Dual! 👋
How are you doing? :)
Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
Top Bottom