Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightsOn_

Sep 6, 2020
I dont know if this is true but someone told me the eggbreak sound and the other sounds where glitched for 5 years or some is this true?

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
To give some clarification as to why the sounds were "changed" in the first place - there was a bug in our protocol that had existed for around 5 years or so, and was only noticeable if you were on 1.10 or higher that resulted in sounds above a certain pitch defaulting down to 0, hence why the "ticking down" sound you hear and the egg break sound is now much higher than it used to be. The sounds programmatically were always playing at the pitches they were supposed to be, but some of our code resulted in that being mapped wrongly for newer clients.

That being said, the bug fix on it's own won't be reverted as it fixes a legitimate bug, but that doesn't mean we are unable to modify the sounds to play the pitches they used to play when "bugged" 😄

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
To give some clarification as to why the sounds were "changed" in the first place - there was a bug in our protocol that had existed for around 5 years or so, and was only noticeable if you were on 1.10 or higher that resulted in sounds above a certain pitch defaulting down to 0, hence why the "ticking down" sound you hear and the egg break sound is now much higher than it used to be. The sounds programmatically were always playing at the pitches they were supposed to be, but some of our code resulted in that being mapped wrongly for newer clients.

That being said, the bug fix on it's own won't be reverted as it fixes a legitimate bug, but that doesn't mean we are unable to modify the sounds to play the pitches they used to play when "bugged" 😄
Would it be possible to make it a setting? Like say "I want the new sounds" or "I want the old sounds"

I personally like the old sounds better, but I understand why you wouldn't want to undo it since it was a bug.

• Agree
Reactions: LightsOn_

LightsOn_

Sep 6, 2020
Need 4 more
Agree
and then its Forwarded.
thanks to all who did agree and if you want to, Press agree

Fqbian.

Novice Member
Mar 3, 2021
The Bear Woods!

Understandable, the only thing we want is the “bugged” sound back😩

• Agree
Reactions: LightsOn_

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

As it's been more than a month after this change, we haven't been seeing too many complaints about this "new" sound. It's clearly just a learning curve.

We want to ensure that people recognise certain events that take place on any of our games, so the ability to change the egg break sounds per player diminishes this. A new player won't recognise these sounds if they're different per player.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we'll deny this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom