Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Were you there in 2016-2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
This is my reponse to a thread written by @Oreoino, which contains a deep, emotional message. I originally was going to post this as a reply, but I felt it was more fitting to be put in a thread so it can be discussed, and people can reflect on the past aswell. That being said, feel free to share your side and moments from the past on this thread. It is open for all responses and is meant to bring everyone together. Here we go...

It's not just the forums that have died down, it's the server itself. In 2017, this server was in it's last prime it will ever be in. There were a lot of veteran staff members who everyone liked and could get along with, and just so many people who loved the server for what it is. You can never re-encapture the joy that being on the forums brought, or playing games with all of the people who you met on the forums. This post wants me to just express some of my thoughts, so that is what I'm gonna do.

Back in the old days when I was trying to get helper, I loved this server and was dedicated to it. I would be on my iPad in bed just making posts and replying to people just for the fun of it until midnight. I would play with my friends everyday, then when they all got off I would go to the forums and just talk and have a good time. Honestly, I think you could argue that a past admin named tacosbefriends played a huge part in bringing people together. I was a member in his discord for a long time, and would always try to be as active as I could and play with as many people as I could. His streams would bring many people together just to have fun and mess around a little bit. Also, with him being the staff manager, people, including myself, wanted to have the best relationship with him so they could get their name out there as a possible helper candidate. Unfortunately though, I never got the helper rank I so desired. The bonds that were made in that discord and on the forums were something that I will never forget. I even found one of my best friends, Jackelele on the forums back in April of 2017. We are still friends to this day. I could go on and on about all of the memories and moments on this server that made my life happier, but what would be the point? I want to keep most of them to myself because I cannot describe in words how every little moment, every post, every comment, every thread, every like on the cubecraft forums changed my life. I mean seriously, what was better than logging in every day and playing eggwars, arcade, blockwars, skywars, and then going on the forums and discussing new ideas, trying to make things better for the server, and just chatting with friends and the community. I have been here long enough to see the waves of new players and valued community members, even the development of people trying to get staff, or even becoming staff. Back then when you would look around the forums, or even in an eggwars lobby, you would see someone you know and could relate to. A friend.
I wanna say around early 2018 is when everything went downhill. Community members were getting banned, and some of the flaws that this server contained were exposed in a sense. There were a lot of community rants during this time period of 2018, and many people just kind of quit. They were fed up with what was going on and wanted no part of it, including myself. Of course though, I always checked in every once in a while to see how things were holding up. I did notice a gradual decline in community interest, and it seemed like it was just turning into another ordinary minecraft server. However, the people who lived through and were a part of Cubecraft during the 2016-2017 era are the only ones to truly know how incredible this server actually was, and all the emotions and friendships that it created. And you know, some of those friends may be gone now living their life outside of Cubecraft, but you will never forget and will continue to cherish the moments you had with them and the community.

As a closing remark, I just wanna say this. Some people may have seen it as just a minecraft server back then; I saw it as a bright place in my life that I will forever remember.

Smoothlyy

Forum Expert
Mar 28, 2019
USA
This is my reponse to a thread written by @Oreoino, which contains a deep, emotional message. I originally was going to post this as a reply, but I felt it was more fitting to be put in a thread so it can be discussed, and people can reflect on the past aswell. That being said, feel free to share your side and moments from the past on this thread. It is open for all responses and is meant to bring everyone together. Here we go...

It's not just the forums that have died down, it's the server itself. In 2017, this server was in it's last prime it will ever be in. There were a lot of veteran staff members who everyone liked and could get along with, and just so many people who loved the server for what it is. You can never re-encapture the joy that being on the forums brought, or playing games with all of the people who you met on the forums. This post wants me to just express some of my thoughts, so that is what I'm gonna do.

Back in the old days when I was trying to get helper, I loved this server and was dedicated to it. I would be on my iPad in bed just making posts and replying to people just for the fun of it until midnight. I would play with my friends everyday, then when they all got off I would go to the forums and just talk and have a good time. Honestly, I think you could argue that a past admin named tacosbefriends played a huge part in bringing people together. I was a member in his discord for a long time, and would always try to be as active as I could and play with as many people as I could. His streams would bring many people together just to have fun and mess around a little bit. Also, with him being the staff manager, people, including myself, wanted to have the best relationship with him so they could get their name out there as a possible helper candidate. Unfortunately though, I never got the helper rank I so desired. The bonds that were made in that discord and on the forums were something that I will never forget. I even found one of my best friends, Jackelele on the forums back in April of 2017. We are still friends to this day. I could go on and on about all of the memories and moments on this server that made my life happier, but what would be the point? I want to keep most of them to myself because I cannot describe in words how every little moment, every post, every comment, every thread, every like on the cubecraft forums changed my life. I mean seriously, what was better than logging in every day and playing eggwars, arcade, blockwars, skywars, and then going on the forums and discussing new ideas, trying to make things better for the server, and just chatting with friends and the community. I have been here long enough to see the waves of new players and valued community members, even the development of people trying to get staff, or even becoming staff. Back then when you would look around the forums, or even in an eggwars lobby, you would see someone you know and could relate to. A friend.
I wanna say around early 2018 is when everything went downhill. Community members were getting banned, and some of the flaws that this server contained were exposed in a sense. There were a lot of community rants during this time period of 2018, and many people just kind of quit. They were fed up with what was going on and wanted no part of it, including myself. Of course though, I always checked in every once in a while to see how things were holding up. I did notice a gradual decline in community interest, and it seemed like it was just turning into another ordinary minecraft server. However, the people who lived through and were a part of Cubecraft during the 2016-2017 era are the only ones to truly know how incredible this server actually was, and all the emotions and friendships that it created. And you know, some of those friends may be gone now living their life outside of Cubecraft, but you will never forget and will continue to cherish the moments you had with them and the community.

As a closing remark, I just wanna say this. Some people may have seen it as just a minecraft server back then; I saw it as a bright place in my life that I will forever remember.

I miss old Cubecraft a lot. Some of my favorite moments were playing Control Point and Arcade or squading up with friends and grinding EggWars. Now, this is all gone, most of the people I used to play with either don’t play Minecraft or don’t play Cubecraft. I would love to just go back for a bit to those times. I will disagree with you on one thing though. I feel like Cubecraft started to go downhill in 2017. A lot of staff members resigned, and a lot of well known community members left. I can truly relate to your message about trying to go for helper as I did that when I first joined the forums in 2016 back on my old account. Some of the fun times I had a couple of years can sadly never be recreated. I miss the times when the forums had 200+ concurrent users. Now, it barely reaches 20.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Nightmare wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thanks for the follow push-up master!
Mintypie231 wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳 🎂
Thjis wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Bday!
Basketman wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
meow :33
Top Bottom