Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

¿Do you think the Y coords needs to be unified in all maps to allow/deny that shield wand behaviour?

• Total voters

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
Fixed title: Some maps are builded at different Y coords.

Simple as is. In skywars that isnt a big issue. But imagine youre playing Lucky islands, you fell off and, you have a shield wand and youre trying to spawn a shield. Yeah you are dead bc the map is at 18 blocks height and the shield doesnt spawn or spawn parcially. You dont have enought time. Some maps allow this, some not.

This needs to be unified.
+48 Y coords is the minimum recommended i think. Suggestions are accepted. Ambicionad

Last edited:

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
Sounds like a pretty good idea! I think all maps should be kept at a low-ish Y-level to stop people from cheesing by camping at y=10 or something like that.

Mr Cryptic

Jun 29, 2019
no i dont like this idea because if you use the shield wand too low people will just jump in the void and camp at a low level
just hope you get lucky and use an enderpearl or grappling hook bow or maybe even elytra

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
the map is at 18 blocks height and the shield doesnt spawn or spawn parcially.
Anything lower than this will most likely kill you because of fall damage, but I probably only have has this issue on a map called “Starfish”
Sounds like a pretty good idea! I think all maps should be kept at a low-ish Y-level to stop people from cheesing by camping at y=10 or something like that.
y=10 is too low, it should be y=25 or something close to that. As mentioned above, when falling without feather falling (which is extremely rare in Lucky Islands) you’d only survive 24 blocks IF you didn’t take damage already.

Reactions: Sulphate

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
Anything lower than this will most likely kill you because of fall damage, but I probably only have has this issue on a map called “Starfish”

y=10 is too low, it should be y=25 or something close to that. As mentioned above, when falling without feather falling (which is extremely rare in Lucky Islands) you’d only survive 24 blocks IF you didn’t take damage already.

I mean that people could/would probably camp at y=10, rather than the map being at y=10. y=25 seems like a good position for the maps to be at. If the maps were too high, people could potentially have multiple frost path / shield wands and make their way down quite easily.

Reactions: SanCookie
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
SpringWarz wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!
Verbramdt wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thanks for the follow, and happy birthday! :D
Top Bottom