Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Nxfi

Jan 14, 2017
What you could try is strafing while in PvP. Most of the people that PvP doesn't know what it is. Hold 'W' and 'A' or 'S' to move while in PvP. This gives you an advantage because it is really hard for them to catch up. While you are moving just attack how you normally PvP in 1.9. However, if it is 1.8 PvP then you can just spam click to give them a 'first class flight' or just slay them.

Another good tactic in 1.9 is that you should never spam click while in PvP due to the 1.9 combat update, and I am sure you guys all know the update. The cool down is like 0.5 seconds so it doesn't take that long. I see a lot of people spam clicking in 1.9 when I play in PvP or Egg Wars.

Hope this helps, but I am sure most of you know these, I will keep you guys updated! :D

_Adept

Jan 14, 2017
a small but cosy bedroom
Nice advice :)

I also suggest adding jumps and changing your strafing up often in melee as it makes you harder to predict and therefor harder to hit.

For example:
A-jump-a-d-jump-a-d-jump-a-a-d
This might be a usual strafe.

hope this helps someone :D

Reactions: Nxfi

Nxfi

Jan 14, 2017
Nice advice :)

I also suggest adding jumps and changing your strafing up often in melee as it makes you harder to predict and therefor harder to hit.

For example:
A-jump-a-d-jump-a-d-jump-a-a-d
This might be a usual strafe.

hope this helps someone :D
Yeah, thanks a lot! :D Jumping also gives you a bonus while strafing because you can sometimes get critical hits which will help you a lot if you have bad armour or weapon. ;)

Nxfi

Jan 14, 2017
Plus if you are having a bow battle make sure your pointer is not straight at the person you are trying to shoot - this is if you are sniping from far. ;)

Reactions: _Adept

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
Those tactics are really usefull, I use them and never had a 'problem' with it lmao. The snipe tactic is just let your bow 'full' power so you can full damage the other person. Otherwise it will just half damage him/her when you hit him/her.
I also use the lava tactic, always place the lava on the last place so you can just scroll and drop and then just pick up easy and fight again.
Don't forget the 'place and jump' tactic. It's really easy, you jump and then slam him/her on her/his head :p But be careful since you have a 'knock' effect on you when you do that.
And make sure you play with two hands, an apple or blocks in your left hand incase you are in panic that you can escape or eat :p

* If you need more tips just tell me, I'll make a list then :p

Reactions: Nxfi and _Adept

Nxfi

Jan 14, 2017
Those tactics are really usefull, I use them and never had a 'problem' with it lmao. The snipe tactic is just let your bow 'full' power so you can full damage the other person. Otherwise it will just half damage him/her when you hit him/her.
I also use the lava tactic, always place the lava on the last place so you can just scroll and drop and then just pick up easy and fight again.
Don't forget the 'place and jump' tactic. It's really easy, you jump and then slam him/her on her/his head :p But be careful since you have a 'knock' effect on you when you do that.
And make sure you play with two hands, an apple or blocks in your left hand incase you are in panic that you can escape or eat :p

* If you need more tips just tell me, I'll make a list then :p
I agree! They are some good tactics! Just make sure if you are in 1.8 put the Golden Apples and food near your weapon in case you are running away from the player. :D

Reactions: CheatersDontWin

Nxfi

Jan 14, 2017
Another good tactic that I found out is that if you want to combo the player aim for their feet then you can combo wombo them. xD :p (1.8)

Last edited:
Reactions: CheatersDontWin

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Another good tactic that I found out is that if you want to combo the player aim for their feet then you can combo wombo them. xD :p
Only works if they are literally inside of you or next to you, not the best strat since it makes you easy to get comboed, but resort to it if you want

_Adept

Jan 14, 2017
a small but cosy bedroom
Another good tactic that I found out is that if you want to combo the player aim for their feet then you can combo wombo them. xD :p

It can be quite hard to keep your cursor on the feet spesificaly especially if they strafe properly, so if you start to do this you might see your accuracy go down a little :P

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Only works if they are literally inside of you or next to you, not the best strat since it makes you easy to get comboed, but resort to it if you want

Did you just make this up? :P Why would you ever want someone so close to you, it would be impossible to combo them.
Also performing crits I only do at the very start, most people don't expect it, and to finish the person off. Crits are very easy to defend against, so you have to make sure you know you will get your hit in before your opponent. If your opponent gets the hit before you can make the crit then you've just wasted some time for nothing.
Accuracy, timing and movement are the three kept components of 1.9 PvP. Timing being, in my opinion, the most crucial. If you're in a duel with a similar skilled player then the majority of the time it will come down to who has the best timing to perform the first hit and hopefully combo them.
For anyone with poor accuracy, I recommend fighting against some dogs, especially baby ones. Small hitbox and requires perfect aim to hit. Good chance to improve on it. Of course the dogs aren't gonna be strafing or dancing around the place :P

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
What you could try is strafing while in PvP. Most of the people that PvP doesn't know what it is. Hold 'W' and 'A' or 'S' to move while in PvP. This gives you an advantage because it is really hard for them to catch up. While you are moving just attack how you normally PvP in 1.9. However, if it is 1.8 PvP then you can just spam click to give them a 'first class flight' or just slay them.

Another good tactic in 1.9 is that you should never spam click while in PvP due to the 1.9 combat update, and I am sure you guys all know the update. The cool down is like 0.5 seconds so it doesn't take that long. I see a lot of people spam clicking in 1.9 when I play in PvP or Egg Wars.

Hope this helps, but I am sure most of you know these, I will keep you guys updated! :D
Great guide! It will really help the new people to 1.9 pvp!

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Did you just make this up? :p Why would you ever want someone so close to you, it would be impossible to combo them.
Also performing crits I only do at the very start, most people don't expect it, and to finish the person off. Crits are very easy to defend against, so you have to make sure you know you will get your hit in before your opponent. If your opponent gets the hit before you can make the crit then you've just wasted some time for nothing.
Accuracy, timing and movement are the three kept components of 1.9 PvP. Timing being, in my opinion, the most crucial. If you're in a duel with a similar skilled player then the majority of the time it will come down to who has the best timing to perform the first hit and hopefully combo them.
For anyone with poor accuracy, I recommend fighting against some dogs, especially baby ones. Small hitbox and requires perfect aim to hit. Good chance to improve on it. Of course the dogs aren't gonna be strafing or dancing around the place :p
Why would I make this up? Thing is, not many people are so skilled or decent enough when they pvp against somebody there skill level. Things get messy and weird.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Why would I make this up? Thing is, not many people are so skilled or decent enough when they pvp against somebody there skill level. Things get messy and weird.
Well of course that's true, but instead of remaining so close to your opponent, the easier thing to do would be to take a few steps back and start again. Fighting so close just becomes hit for hit.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Well of course that's true, but instead of remaining so close to your opponent, the easier thing to do would be to take a few steps back and start again. Fighting so close just becomes hit for hit.
I know that o-o, but I was just pointing out the flaw of that tactic.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
hbd
Kazwa wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Top Bottom