Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

weboene4

Jun 28, 2018
japan't
Hey! I've been eggwars on and off for a while now (here's my stats for anyone interested), but recently got back in to it and while I enjoy it a lot, there are a few issues I found that in my opinion may lower the quality of the game.

First of all I need to mention that I've never played solo eggwars and don't intend to, these are all based on 2 and 3 player team games, the majority of which being played on OP Items & half health.

Issue #1
The teams. More specifically, team colours and their island placement.
On every map there are one or a few islands that have strategically better positions (or that I just like the colour of lol)
A very annoying thing that happens to me a lot is that a bunch of solo (non-partied) players will fill up a single slot in one or more teams, preventing partied players from joining those teams. This probably isn't an issue for most people, but there are definitely advantages and disadvantages to each island, and having a bunch of uncoordinated solo players filling up those islands can often be quite annoying.

My solution
Don't let solo players choose a team in the lobby. Basically, when they enter an eggwars lobby, they will not be assigned a team or be able to choose one. Then only when the match started and everyone is teleported to their starting cage will they be assigned to a random team. Now you might think "But what if solo players only speak a specific language or for whatever other reason want to be in a team with a specific person in that lobby?"
Well I've got a solution for that too.

For the language issue, the server would use the already existing language selection and if possible, it would match players with the same selected server language and put them in a team.
Also, players should be able to create some sort of "temporary party", basically like a regular party except after the match is finished, or if one person were to leave the match early, the party gets disbanded and both players will be solo again. This would be done by simply right clicking a person in the lobby, which sends that person a chat message allowing them to accept or deny the party request.

Edit: Just came up with a much simpler alternative. Just make it so when the party leader switches teams, everyone else automatically follows if there's enough free slots in the team. This would prevent a lot of "OI MATE GO PINK FAST PLS" and overall just be a nice quality of life improvement.

Issue #2
Golden apples.
Golden apples. Yes, those things. I know I'm most likely not the first person to say this nor will I be the last. But they need change.
As I stated before, this is based on the OP items mode. I haven't played normal items in a long time but I don't think they're as bad there, as they cost more and a few well-placed hits could kill you before you even get the chance to eat.

But lets focus on OP mode here. They're too cheap, way too effective and can drag out fights for way too long. It becomes more about who can spam the fastest with an axe to break their opponents' armor than about actual skill in battle. Not only that, but with higher armor tiers (especially diamond), it puts way too much of an emphasis on bow spamming each other off the island. Someone wearing full Diamond armor and a nice collection of golden apples can easily take several minutes to kill, which suddenly makes that ledge 20 blocks over and that punch bow in your inventory look very attractive.
It's boring, and rewards holding right click over actual skill and coordination.

My solution
As much as I would love to say "yea just delete them mate", I know this isn't going to happen as golden apples do lower the skill floor which will help the playerbase grow and keep the game alive.
I will say that they need to be more expensive, having their price change from a single gold token to one or even multiple Diamond tokens. This would mainly keep golden apples out of the early game, where they can often be the most annoying as armor breaks quickly and that Steve over there spamming you with his stone axe while eating a golden apple every other second will absolutely destroy you.

Another solution would be to add some sort of "time modifier" mechanic. Basically, the cost of golden apples would gradually increase as the match goes on, starting at one Diamond token. This would probably be the best solution, as golden apples would still be obtainable during the early game, but people won't have an inventory full of them later in the match. This would be the better solution in my opinion, as it improves both the early and late game issues I have with them.

My last suggestion would be to put some sort of cooldown on golden apples. I often see people just retreat to a corner and absolutely spam them, where they are impossible to kill until eventually their armor breaks and they die in two hits.
I think the cooldown should really be dependent on the amount of health voted at the start of the match, as obviously with more health it'll take longer to kill someone, and while in half health someone might die in 10 seconds that would be at least twice as long in normal health without taking into account any food or regeneration.

Issue #2 and #3
some more minor stuff
First off, the map selection. We all have maps we like more than others. It happens too much that there are either no maps at all or no maps you find fun to play on available to choose. I suggest that they add some sort of queue to maps, where if you select a map that is currently not available you will be added to the queue and join as soon as it's available. Also, I think people with Iron rank and above should be able to select a map and have it be created as soon as possible, as long as there is a server free to do so.

Now the last thing is an extremely annoying bug with an extremely easy fix: The game modifier voting screen. If you right click to try and open the voting screen (the one where you choose from different item and health types) too early, the empty map item will turn into an actual map and you will be unable to vote. The solution to this is incredibly simple. All that has to change is the item you use to vote, as the issue mostly lies with Minecraft itself rather than the server.

This concludes my essay about crying over minor issues in a videogame. I hope some insane madlad actually takes the time to read this wall of text and take some of what I mentioned into consideration.
Let me know if any of you have any other suggestions for some of these issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: wbgamer

Andyyy

Forum Expert
Dec 7, 2016
Blockwars
I don't think your first issue is really that much of a problem and changing the whole system is a bit of a waste of time just a for an infrequent minor inconvenience

For your second one, golden apples should still cost gold because that makes sense but the price scaling up over the game is a really good idea. Personally I think that late game armour in op should be nerfed because as it is, it's just a bit too op unless you are playing half health, it has already been knocked down from prot 5 to prot 4 in the past I think but the late game stuff specifically should be nerfed.

Also, I think people with Iron rank and above should be able to select a map and have it be created as soon as possible, as long as there is a server free to do so.
I've actually wanted this for years, please.

And yes the map should be changed to something else

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Don't let solo players choose a team in the lobby.
Turn that around for 1 second and put yourself in their shoes
You are a solo player who just joined a game and you want to join the team with a strategical advantage...
Oh wait... you can’t

This doesn’t solve this non-problem either
If you are in a party of 5 and you join Aztec for say but a party of 2 is already in the lobby and on the team you want to be on
Welp you are back at square one because of this

It isn’t an effective solution to something that really isn’t a problem
As it would just take away from the experience of other players and overall just make the game more unfair for people whom have nobody to play withh
If you really want to be on a certain team that badly just simply join a game with no or minimal players
I will say that they need to be more expensive, having their price change from a single gold token to one or even multiple Diamond tokens.
If it were to be added this way I would prefer it be 1 rather then multiple diamonds
I would just presume you should just increase the amount of gold they are worth but whatever floats your boat I guess
I am not apprised to it unless it is multiple diamonds at which point I think it is a bit overkill just for a quick heal up

For the second issue 2 I am more neautral on it so no opinion to give

Now the last thing is an extremely annoying bug with an extremely easy fix: The game modifier voting screen. If you right click to try and open the voting screen (the one where you choose from different item and health types) too early, the empty map item will turn into an actual map and you will be unable to vote. The solution to this is incredibly simple. All that has to change is the item you use to vote, as the issue mostly lies with Minecraft itself rather than the server.
this is as you know a bug and I believe at some point I heard something about them agreeing they’d change that. It was quite a while ago so I am not sure whether I am misremembering this or not but I honestly think they just forget to change it every time they are going to

weboene4

Jun 28, 2018
japan't
I don't think your first issue is really that much of a problem and changing the whole system is a bit of a waste of time just a for an infrequent minor inconvenience

It's actually quite a frequent minor inconvenience but I get your point.

Turn that around for 1 second and put yourself in their shoes
You are a solo player who just joined a game and you want to join the team with a strategical advantage...
Oh wait... you can’t

To be fair, it is called "team" eggwars for a reason. I personally don't think it's bad to prioritize actual teams. That's just my opinion though.

This doesn’t solve this non-problem either
If you are in a party of 5 and you join Aztec for say but a party of 2 is already in the lobby and on the team you want to be on
Welp you are back at square one because of this

Never thought about this cause as I stated I only ever play 2 or 3 player maps with a full party.

Anyway I edited the post with a much simpler way to improve things. Thanks for the feedback.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
To be fair, it is called "team" eggwars for a reason. I personally don't think it's bad to prioritize actual teams. That's just my opinion though.
You’re right it is team eggwars...
But parties =/= teams just like I stated parties may sometimes have less members then the whole team so why are parties with less members prioritized over players whom are playing solo

Also a large chunk of players play team because they like not just having themselves against others
Not just to play with their friends
Another chunk play for wins and achievements and If certain colours/islands have strategic advantages then they serve as someth8gn someone playing alone would chose

Also stone ranks who have 4 players playing together then couldn’t be on a team since the stone ranks only have 3 party slots (that includes themselves)

Also to give my opinion on the edit
I would say that is a fair change only if players who are in the party but already on different teams because they chose to play in a team with against the party leader
Very confusing message but I don’t know how to explain it without seeming confusing

weboene4

Jun 28, 2018
japan't
You’re right it is team eggwars...
But parties =/= teams just like I stated parties may sometimes have less members then the whole team so why are parties with less members prioritized over players whom are playing solo

As I said, I didn't think about larger team sizes as I've never played on them. It does become incredibly flawed when taking them into account though.

Another chunk play for wins and achievements and If certain colours/islands have strategic advantages then they serve as someth8gn someone playing alone would chose

Not trying to defend my stuff here but if you're going for wins you really shouldn't be playing without a party and voice chat as good and fast communication is very important if you want to have a proper chance at winning.

Also stone ranks who have 4 players playing together then couldn’t be on a team since the stone ranks only have 3 party slots (that includes themselves)

Never knew about this restriction tbh.

Also to give my opinion on the edit
I would say that is a fair change only if players who are in the party but already on different teams because they chose to play in a team with against the party leader
Very confusing message but I don’t know how to explain it without seeming confusing

yes that is quite confusing i actually have no idea what you're trying to say here

also, to go back to a statement on your previous post
If it were to be added this way I would prefer it be 1 rather then multiple diamonds
I would just presume you should just increase the amount of gold they are worth but whatever floats your boat I guess
I am not apprised to it unless it is multiple diamonds at which point I think it is a bit overkill just for a quick heal up

The reason I'd prefer diamonds is that a bunch of maps already have the gold spawner on by default, making it incredibly easy to stock up on golden apples before going to do anything else. Making the cost a single diamond would keep them accessible while also making collecting diamonds during the early game a lot more bearable. Also "just a quick heal up" is really a massive understatement when talking about late game. It's already quite hard to kill someone in diamond or even iron gear in overpowered mode. now add in a full stack of regenerative items at your disposal and you got yourself a near invincible person.

anyway yeah, the solo player solution is flawed and would be way too much effort for something only 3 people on this planet actually care about.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gonna play some java cubecraft
java username is "anonymousplayer9"
Xi1m wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
hbd
Xi1m wrote on dvodany's profile.
emesis blue sure is.. interesting
I came back to tell y'all that Minecraft pocket edition is now UNDER A DOLLAR (in my country) for Cubecraft's 15th birthday!
And it's like 20 dollars for pc, but still, UNDER 1 DOLLAR?
Should have bought Minecraft today- instead of like buying it 2 years ago.
Aight going offline again.
Mintypie231 wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 🍰
Top Bottom