2014-07-30_08.57.10.png
    364.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 2014-07-30_08.57.24.png
    2014-07-30_08.57.24.png
    433.9 KB · Views: 124

Kirby703

Jul 6, 2014
This sounds great! Not too much work to code (I hope), no map to build,
Slime damage scales with size, as does health... which could lead to some issues.
If Slimezilla is 12 blocks high, that's internal size 20 for 200 hearts of HP and 10 hearts of DMG. (2 hit kill for the humans oh noes)
If it's 15 blocks high, 25 size, 312.5 hearts of HP, 12.5 hearts of DMG. (Also a 2-hit kill for any of the classes you made already)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
This sounds great! Not too much work to code (I hope), no map to build,
Slime damage scales with size, as does health... which could lead to some issues.
If Slimezilla is 12 blocks high, that's internal size 20 for 200 hearts of HP and 10 hearts of DMG. (2 hit kill for the humans oh noes)
If it's 15 blocks high, 25 size, 312.5 hearts of HP, 12.5 hearts of DMG. (Also a 2-hit kill for any of the classes you made already)
If I was to make this only with vanilla minecraft and an nbteditor, I'd be very concerned about this, however plugins can make pretty much anything do anything. If the devs wanted, they could make Slimezilla fart rainbows and shoot lightning out of its eyes. (Note: Devs, please don't make Slimezilla fart rainbows or shoot lightning out of its eyes.) The devs and owners are very good at keeping games good and balanced, so I'm not overly concerned about that. (Also being stomped on by a giant slime would probably kill you irl. We can just claim it's for realism. :P)

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
This sounds like a good idea, but I think an "Evolve-like"* gameplay would be nicer, also there should be another class that has traps and there should be a preperation stage.
*Evolve ^ is a team based game where a group of hunters try to hunt down a monster/creature that's also a player.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
there should be another class that has traps and there should be a preperation stage.
I love everything about this idea. I wasn't sure if this would be possible because of how buggy the tnt in SG is, so I didn't wanna suggest it... but some kind of trap-based class would be awesome. Kinda like a tactical explosives guy? or what did you have in mind?

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
I love everything about this idea. I wasn't sure if this would be possible because of how buggy the tnt in SG is, so I didn't wanna suggest it... but some kind of trap-based class would be awesome. Kinda like a tactical explosives guy? or what did you have in mind?
Maybe hunter? Or demo man?

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Maybe hunter? Or demo man?
Hunter sounds good! I dunno how that would work in this scenario. Maybe like a vigilante citizen who made some molotovs so blow up gas tanks or something? I dunno. I really like this idea though; it gives some much-needed diversity to the standard "shoot thing make go die" gameplay mechanics of most games.

ThatOnePeanutGuy

Apr 19, 2014
Planters Peanut Factory (Better than Wonka's)
I think another interesting feature would be having a citizen count. Pretty much, each game would start with a set number of villagers living in the city, but as the game progressed, villagers are killed by Slimezilla. Not only would your team try to take out the monster, but do so with as few Testificate martyrs as possible. If the Slime is another player, they would have two goals. Kill as many villagers as possible, and take out as many of the players as possible.

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Hunter sounds good! I dunno how that would work in this scenario. Maybe like a vigilante citizen who made some molotovs so blow up gas tanks or something? I dunno. I really like this idea though; it gives some much-needed diversity to the standard "shoot thing make go die" gameplay mechanics of most games.
Another member of the army?

ThatOnePeanutGuy

Apr 19, 2014
Planters Peanut Factory (Better than Wonka's)
That sounds like an awesome way to decide how many points players get at the end of the round. Number of villagers alive x number of lives you have left maybe?
Sounds like a recipe for success! This gametype is really starting to sound like more fun than a barrel of monkeys with party hats. It also seems really original. Can't wait to see if the developers take this idea anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom