Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Another idea I had was to have turrets players could use. I could whip up something really quick. Essentially, it'd be an arrow spawner with a player-range variable of 1-3, so that you have to stand at it in order to use it. It'd fire arrows rapidly at Slimezilla and I'll make one so you guys can derp around with it in singleplayer.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
/summon FallingSand ~ ~1 ~ {id:"FallingSand",Data:0b,Time:1b,TileID:52,TileEntityData:{MinSpawnDelay:10s,MaxSpawnDelay:10s,SpawnCount:1s,id:"MobSpawner",RequiredPlayerRange:3s,Delay:7s,MaxNearbyEntities:10s,SpawnRange:1s,z:-99995,SpawnData:{id:"Arrow",Motion:[5.0d,0.2d,0.0d],Fire:30000s},SpawnPotentials:[{Weight:1,Type:"Arrow",Properties:{id:"Arrow",Motion:[5.0d,0.2d,0.0d],Fire:30000s}}],y:64,EntityId:"Arrow",x:-100060}}
(This was made in 4 minutes. It's not perfect and it'll only shoot east.)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
this is an awesome idea, the game sounds good, also the kits are well balanced, no kit over powers the other
Balance was my one main concern. I try to keep it so there's a good reason to use each class and a good reason to use a variety of classes rather than everyone choosing infantry or demo-man. I'm really eager to see what the devs have to say about this game idea.

Reactions: MinecraftPenguin21

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Medic should have a weapon, maybe an axe?
I think it'd have to be something really weak considering medic can heal everyone. Maybe like... a shovel or something. Another idea I had was tranquilizers that'd give whatever you hit with it slowness 5 and jump boost 130 for a few seconds (jump boost above level 128 makes it impossible to jump, so the tranquilizer would kinda put the slime to sleep.) I basically want medic to be a special sort of class that would focus more on buffs/debuffs rather than dealing damage.

SGTkuzey

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2013
Mordor
Few more stuff that I think should be added,
Limited bullets for classes (Arrows, otherwise people will just spam click to kill the slimezilla), maybe there can be restocking blocks around the city
Different maps, not just a city but more variety for the maps would be amazing (E.g: a bridge map)
Also, here's what I thought for the hunter:
Hunter
Head gear: None
Chest gear: Black Leather Chestplate
Leg gear: Dark Green Leather Leggings
Foot Gear: Brown Boots
Primary Weapon: Stone Sword (Knife)
Secondary Weapon: 3 Turrets (Skeleton Spawn Eggs, skeletons will not shoot players but will shoot the slimezilla)
Special Ability: Temporary Rapid Firing Turret

I think it'd have to be something really weak considering medic can heal everyone. Maybe like... a shovel or something. Another idea I had was tranquilizers that'd give whatever you hit with it slowness 5 and jump boost 130 for a few seconds (jump boost above level 128 makes it impossible to jump, so the tranquilizer would kinda put the slime to sleep.) I basically want medic to be a special sort of class that would focus more on buffs/debuffs rather than dealing damage.
I like the tranquilizer idea, that could be the secondary weapon, also you could put a cool down to the healing ability and have the axe. (Otherwise it would be op)
And finally, there could be a juggernaut class who is armored

Reactions: MinecraftPenguin21

AtomicBirdAss

Oct 27, 2013
Why would you care?
Authentication servers are down and I'm bored, so I came up with some quick ideas for classes:

Infantry
Head Gear: Dark Green Leather Cap
Chest Gear: Dark Green Leather Tunic
Leg Gear: Dark Green Leather Pants
Foot Gear: Black Leather Boots
Primary Weapon: Power I Infinity I Punch I Bow
Secondary Weapon:
Special Ability: Rapid fire, similar to skeleton’s ability in Super Craft Bros.

Grenadier
Head Gear: None
Chest Gear: Dark Red Leather Tunic
Leg Gear: Dark Red Leather Pants
Primary Weapon: Explosive Snowballs, similar to Serious Snowballs in the Lobby.
Secondary Weapon: Placeable TNT, similar to the Bomber kit in SG, or landmine pressure plates.
Special Ability: Massive explosion upon death, does not hurt teammates.

Medic
Head Gear: Light Red/Pink Leather Hat
Chest Gear: White Leather Tunic
Leg Gear: White Leather Pants
Foot Gear: White Leather Boots
Primary Weapon: None
Secondary Weapon: None
Special Ability: Can heal teammates by right-clicking them. (Maybe with paper?)

Sniper
Head Gear: Black Leather Helmet
Chest Gear: Dark Blue Leather Chestplate
Leg Gear: Dark Blue Leather Pants
Primary Weapon: Power V Infinity I Bow
Secondary Weapon: Punch IV Infinity I Bow
Special Ability: Moves slightly faster than other classes. Speed II?
Id give Medic a primary weapon, otherwise no one would choose that kit.
Other than that, I LUUVVVV EEEEETTTTT!!!!!1111111111111

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Few more stuff that I think should be added,
Limited bullets for classes (Arrows, otherwise people will just spam click to kill the slimezilla), maybe there can be restocking blocks around the city
Different maps, not just a city but more variety for the maps would be amazing (E.g: a bridge map)

also you could put a cool down to the healing ability and have the axe. (Otherwise it would be op)

I like these ideas a lot. I figured the maps would be super easy, especially since you don't need too many details inside the buildings. (No one has time to appreciate interior décor when Blockhattan is being devoured by a mutant goo-cube) and making new maps would be as simple as laying down the path through roadwork and just populating the city with faux buildings and such. (WE NEED A TOKYO-THEMED ONE THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL)

Limiting ammo would really add an extra challenge to fighting Slimezilla. I like the idea of ammo boxes or having to raid gun stores or something in order to get more ammo. It'd be REALLY cool if each class had its own gun/ammo. For instance, a server I'm admin on has wither bows, miniguns, potion launchers, flamethrowers, and a bunch of other types of ranged weapons like grenades and bombs. I'd love for, say, Infantryman to need arrows while Hunter needs firework star that function as slugs for a shotgun or something.

A cooldown on healer might work. I pretty much want the healer to be able to hold his/her own and that's about it, considering they're really not meant to be a fighter class. So yeah, maybe a bonesaw or something that fits a medic class.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
I just found this in my screenshots and it seemed relevant.

Attachments

• 2014-08-11_16.51.12.png
    2014-08-11_16.51.12.png
    172.6 KB · Views: 133
D

Deleted member 8554

This sounds like the weirdest thing ever, but I think it could work! Just think of Plants vs. Zombies. Two completely different concepts shoved together creates one of the weirdest, yet also clever and smart ideas ever! I could see this happening!

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Oh and I also had an epic idea for a special ability: Airstrikes!

A player places a firework and a few second later, an enderdragon flies over and drops a few tnt on the spot where they placed the firework.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
This idea has ENDLESS potential, you can create so many kits, so man perks and most of all, so. Much. Fun.

Maybe Medic can have a Knockback II stone Axe

If you want I can start to create the outlines of the map on my plot after I finish some businesses

Apart from that, I luv this so much, I wanna kiss u (#NoHomo)

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Apart from that, I luv this so much, I wanna kiss u (#NoHomo)
I get that a lot. :P

As for starting to outline the map, I'd hold off on big details for a bit. We have no idea how big or small Slimezilla would be, so it's totally possible for you to make, say, a 5-block-wide road and Slimezilla turns out to be 20 blocks wide. I think it'd be best to wait for devs to decide on that/let the build team handle it (80x80 plots aren't big enough.) But just to get the concept built, that'd be awesome and I'd love to see what you can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom