Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Hello recently I saw on the cubecraft discord about how castle and temple are gonna get revamped and I find it terrible so today Ill talk about how cubecraft maps have changed and in my opinion have been ruined and I hope to see you guys opinions on it too.

What is gonna be changed about temple and castle? :

They are planning to make a few changes but I only found 1 to be a real problem and that is that there will be added to this an easy path to mid I haven't seen the map yet but I think its a submid or some sort of easy path you can fill in. The only thing I know for sure is that you will be able to get to mid much easier.

What my problem with this is:

On cubecraft for years you have had the gameplay on skywars where you can rush where you would rush neighbour islands and take them out but over the last few years they try to change it to like it is on hypixel everyone has to go mid or your just gonna lose. For example take the map pokemon I can rush 2 neighbours but if I do so on mid there will prob be some stacked guy who instantly went mid and I can only rush 2 people before I am forced to go mid cause the next rush is waaay to far. There are probably many players who like this style of maps but there are also a lot of people who don't like it and prefer the old way of actually rushing islands and not stacking in mid. I just think they shouldn't change every map into a map where your forced to go mid but actually leave our maps that we like, like trees desert temple castle. I think these shouldn't be revamped so players that like it can still play these type of maps. There are already very few of these maps so I don't understand why they have to be taken from us to be created into the exact same maps we already have loads of.

Would like to hear other opinions on this!

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
They are planning to make a few changes but I only found 1 to be a real problem and that is that there will be added to this an easy path to mid I haven't seen the map yet but I think its a submid or some sort of easy path you can fill in. The only thing I know for sure is that you will be able to get to mid much easier.
I like to get on mid easy rather than making a bridge which costs 32 blocks and at the end gettting bowed off. I should recommend to read Soul's messages on Discord again. Because I think you haven't read every point he said.

On cubecraft for years you have had the gameplay on skywars where you can rush where you would rush neighbour islands and take them out but over the last few years they try to change it to like it is on hypixel everyone has to go mid or your just gonna lose. For example take the map pokemon I can rush 2 neighbours but if I do so on mid there will prob be some stacked guy who instantly went mid and I can only rush 2 people before I am forced to go mid cause the next rush is waaay to far. There are probably many players who like this style of maps but there are also a lot of people who don't like it and prefer the old way of actually rushing islands and not stacking in mid. I just think they shouldn't change every map into a map where your forced to go mid but actually leave our maps that we like, like trees desert temple castle. I think these shouldn't be revamped so players that like it can still play these type of maps. There are already very few of these maps so I don't understand why they have to be taken from us to be created into the exact same maps we already have loads of.
About this one: Everyone has their own strategy. You can rush people, you can go to mid to get the best loot, etc. Even if you have to fight a stacked player, there will always be a way to kill him. Sometimes Skywars isn't always being agressive and killing people, no. You also need to think about your next moves. Try to be smarter than the buffed guy with full diamond.

Vqlah

Oct 13, 2016
The Netherlands
About this one: Everyone has their own strategy. You can rush people, you can go to mid to get the best loot, etc. Even if you have to fight a stacked player, there will always be a way to kill him. Sometimes Skywars isn't always being agressive and killing people, no. You also need to think about your next moves. Try to be smarter than the buffed guy with full diamond.
Yes everyone has their own stratergy but there are maps where people have to go to mid and there are maps where it's hard to go to mid. Some people like to have a game where it's tough to get to mid and some people don't want games where you HAVE to go to mid to win the game (cause you can't build to your neighbours island). As @Levi_the_pro said, there are already only a few of the old style maps, trees, desert, temple. I'm fine with castle but that's only because I don't play that map a lot. But trees is OG and the map is just amazing so changes really shouldn't be added to it. Also, I don't knoe why you guys want to do this. Did a lot of people ask for it (the community) or did you guys just want to change it for no reason?

You can change whatever newer map you want but leave the OG maps aside...

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I like to get on mid easy rather than making a bridge which costs 32 blocks and at the end gettting bowed off. I should recommend to read Soul's messages on Discord again. Because I think you haven't read every point he said.

You like to get on mid easy other players like to play a map where everyone rush and mid is hard to get to like it always has been should be maps for these players too and not just for you people who want to go to mid like I said.

Ah yes so fun a fight where I have 2 diamond pieces and the guy in mid is enchanted full diamond with a good sword just be smarter good tip from you but isn't really making it more fun. If the other guy is smart there isn't a high chance I kill him

Obviously you like the mid maps and many other people dislike these maps and like maps like castle then why should these be changed into maps that we already have loads of when many people only like these maps there are only like 6 of already? We disagree about what we find fun maps shouldn't mean what me and other people find fun should just be removed cause other players find it less fun.

Reactions: colinverp and Vqlah

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I personally really like the new maps, the playstyle of going to mid is much more exciting and challenging as all players are forced to go to mid at some point.

I understand what you're saying tho, and the playstyle of pushing neighboors like on castle is nice as well. I think keeping a few maps in the game with this kind of playstyle instead of changing and remaking them all would be great.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
Hello recently I saw on the cubecraft discord about how castle and temple are gonna get revamped and I find it terrible so today Ill talk about how cubecraft maps have changed and in my opinion have been ruined and I hope to see you guys opinions on it too.

I'll have to agree on this one. as seen in the thread favorite skywars maps, a lot of people have diffrent oppinions about the maps and everyone loves an other type of map. just like you, I love pushing neighbors instead of rushing mid. i don't play for the win, i play for the fun. and i like making kills the most so i rush players instead of chests. on all those new maps (ping pong, soccer etc.) there is a very big mid so it becomes more like survival games then it is skywars. the old maps that i like the most are maps like trees, savanna, castle, rainbow. they have already changed a lot of maps but i don't think they should change them all since everytone likes other types of map. again as seen here.

Orientalz

Jul 30, 2016
Personally, I think both maps should just be removed and left for some new ideas to be replaced with... They are two of my least favourite and personally judged as 'boring' maps to myself. Hooooweeevvverr.... If they really must keep them, I'd just yes, change them both, add the semi-mid, anything that can make them slightly less worse... Definitely there for it.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Personally, I think both maps should just be removed and left for some new ideas to be replaced with... They are two of my least favourite and personally judged as 'boring' maps to myself. Hooooweeevvverr.... If they really must keep them, I'd just yes, change them both, add the semi-mid, anything that can make them slightly less worse... Definitely there for it.
If you don't like it doesn't mean it needs to be changed lol just play any of the other 300 maps where you can easily go mid lol. It's a good map for the many people who like it so it shouldn't be changed imo

Reactions: Vqlah and colinverp

Vqlah

Oct 13, 2016
The Netherlands
As @Levi_the_pro already said, there are plenty of the semi-mid maps already, you like that type of map which is absolutely fine. But there need to be variation in maps. Maps with like semi-mid and maps like trees, savannah, temple

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I personally really like the new maps, the playstyle of going to mid is much more exciting and challenging as all players are forced to go to mid at some point.

I understand what you're saying tho, and the playstyle of pushing neighboors like on castle is nice as well. I think keeping a few maps in the game with this kind of playstyle instead of changing and remaking them all would be great.
Yes the new maps are great for the many people who like it. So I am not asking for them making more maps like castle but just keep the few maps like castle it's only like 5 maps no need to change them. If you don't want to play those maps they are easy avoidable cause you don't queue them much.

ChenYao

Jul 7, 2020

I totally agree with this. This would make rushing neighbour islands way too easy. Unadvanced players would get killed quickly by the tryharders. Maybe fast win for advanced players but no fun for new guys.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
This was voted in by the community.
1616335098425.png

-------------------

We understand that these types of maps are favorites hence why we didn't mark all of them for revamps, I find castle, desert, rainbow, trees & temple to be far FAR more similar to each other than 90% of the mid-rush maps. It's just a matter of perspective.

I can rush 2 neighbours but if I do so on mid there will prob be some stacked guy who instantly went mid and I can only rush 2 people before I am forced to go mid cause the next rush is waaay to far.
Keep in mind that you should be able to get good armour & weapons if you've accessed 3 sets of player island chests. This puts you in a defensive position as well as you dont have people on your island with you. This player who goes to mid is also going to be put into way more fights than you, its risk for reward. I don't get why you think you should have equal loot with someone who has went to mid and fought multiple people by doing this, you took the safer forced 1v1 option.

Also maps like castle and sundae can be major issues when players continuously run the opposite direction of another player and you can never reach them. The current meta of big mids ensure that camping is not as big of an issue as there are a multitude of ways to tackle a player.

I think the best take-away from this is that we are not revamping all of them, we intend to keep most of the popular ones on Java, we just want to keep moving forward with gameplay quality and also with what the community want.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think it is a good idea to change these maps as they have been in CubeCraft for a long time and have never or almost never been renewed, I think it is a good idea to renew them.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
This was voted in by the community.
View attachment 189055

-------------------

We understand that these types of maps are favorites hence why we didn't mark all of them for revamps, I find castle, desert, rainbow, trees & temple to be far FAR more similar to each other than 90% of the mid-rush maps. It's just a matter of perspective.

Keep in mind that you should be able to get good armour & weapons if you've accessed 3 sets of player island chests. This puts you in a defensive position as well as you dont have people on your island with you. This player who goes to mid is also going to be put into way more fights than you, its risk for reward. I don't get why you think you should have equal loot with someone who has went to mid and fought multiple people by doing this, you took the safer forced 1v1 option.

Also maps like castle and sundae can be major issues when players continuously run the opposite direction of another player and you can never reach them. The current meta of big mids ensure that camping is not as big of an issue as there are a multitude of ways to tackle a player.

I think the best take-away from this is that we are not revamping all of them, we intend to keep most of the popular ones on Java, we just want to keep moving forward with gameplay quality and also with what the community want.
Community thing shouldn't be voted for on the discord cause nobody looks on the discord cause it's filled with 8 year old bedrock players why poll on there? Also your point on far more similar when you have legit like 4 maps that are exactly the same as map ping pong. In submid maps I can just go mid and avoid every fight and loot the chest and get good gear while I when I rush people knock half of them in the void. You can say they are very similar but when I want to play one of them it's hard to get even tho they're so similar so now when removing 2 more I can barely get any of them or I have to leave 6 games every time before playing 1. I don't see why they need to be revamped can't you just add another map for the people who want a map like that and keep these old maps for the people who love these type of maps.

Reactions: colinverp

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Also your point on far more similar when you have legit like 4 maps that are exactly the same as map ping pong.
This would be 3; Ping Pong, Wiring & Field, hence why I said 90% and not 100%, these are the only really similar ones.

I don't see why they need to be revamped can't you just add another map for the people who want a map like that and keep these old maps for the people who love these type of maps.
isn't it an beter idea to make new maps with the necessary adjustments then revamping the good old maps?
Because my point is that these maps are not good for gameplay and strategy, most of them play out very similar and we want to avoid pushing this onto new players who cannot choose their maps and bedrock players who havent experienced them. Our response is to revamp maps so they still have the aesthetic but with better gameplay, that way we can introduce them to bedrock at the same time.

------

Community thing shouldn't be voted for on the discord cause nobody looks on the discord cause it's filled with 8 year old bedrock players why poll on there?
I could go through the people voted & prove you wrong as it's filled with older well-known java community members but I wont.

where was this poll? i never saw it. and isn't it an beter idea to make new maps with the necessary adjustments then revamping the good old maps?
I find it strange how both of you don't participate in voting or community talks via Discord despite being so passionate about something, I'll ask Soulless to do a poll via forums if it makes you feel better? But that would be the final decision.

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands
I find it strange how both of you don't participate in voting or community talks via Discord despite being so passionate about something, I'll ask Soulless to do a poll via forums if it makes you feel better? But that would be the final decision.
that would be great, i keep updated trough all forms on the forums, but discord are so much channels. polls trough discord are okey, but it would be nice to make an @ping] like a notifications role so i know when to look at it. i had no idea there was an poll.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
that way we can introduce them to bedrock at the same time.
You can also introduce the revamped maps to Bedrock, while leaving the Java maps untouched.
I'll ask Soulless to do a poll via forums if it makes you feel better? But that would be the final decision.
That sounds like a great idea. However, I think I can already guess outcome.

Reactions: Levi_the_pro
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Dajidus's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Top Bottom