Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Nope! (Please explain!)

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Hi there.

If you, for example, choose swordsman and the chest items are OP, you can throw away the sword, it's useless. The same goes for digger, archer, etc. I'd like to get it changed.

If the chest items are OP, those things should be changed.
Digger: Iron pickaxe (unbreaking 3, efficiency 2), 1 diamond ore, 5 coal ore and 8 iron ore → Diamond pickaxe (unbreaking 3, efficiency 2), 2 diamond ore, 5 coal ore, 12 iron ore.
Archer: Bow, 10 arrows and a chain chestplate → Bow (power 2), 25 arrows and a diamond chestplate.
Iron warrior: Iron leggings and an iron helmet → Iron leggins and an iron helmet. (Both protection 3).
Swordsman: Stone sword (sharpness 3) → Diamond sword (sharpness 1 at the start, the enchantment will increase to 2 after 2 minutes. Thanks to Luzario for the idea!).

Thank you for reading, have a pleasant day.

Last edited:

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
A dia sharp 2 on OP in the first few minutes is pretty OP. So I think you should get the upgrade after 1 minute when the game starts.

Reactions: Facelurite
D

Deleted member 100818

Haven't really looked at your examples, so let me read that after this. But I feel the same way, kit swordsman is useless in OP so why'd you actually have it the same as normal? Changing it would do a lot better.

Now your examples:

• Digger: I don't think you need that much of unbreaking in a skywars game, I'd personally changed it to 2. I think efficiency 3 would be better honestly.
  • Archer: Agreed
  • Iron Warrior: Well the kit is called iron warrior (Thought it was golem but i forgot) so I think having a iron chestplate/leggins/boots with protection 3 (maybe 4) would do better.
  • Swordsman: Agreed

Nice suggestion ^.^

Reactions: Troublesomee

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Choose the right kit for the appropriate mode. No reason to have kits change depending on game vote.
If it's a tie between two modes, just choose any kit that you think could be useful in either mode.
It's as if we gave Egg armour in Eggwars prot 4 on spawn, and we all know how few people want that.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Haven't really looked at your examples, so let me read that after this. But I feel the same way, kit swordsman is useless in OP so why'd you actually have it the same as normal? Changing it would do a lot better.

Now your examples:

• Digger: I don't think you need that much of unbreaking in a skywars game, I'd personally changed it to 2. I think efficiency 3 would be better honestly.
  • Archer: Agreed
  • Iron Warrior: Well the kit is called iron warrior (Thought it was golem but i forgot) so I think having a iron chestplate/leggins/boots with protection 3 (maybe 4) would do better.
  • Swordsman: Agreed

Nice suggestion ^.^
Didn't really think about the names, will change Iron Warrior too! Thank you for the feedback!

D

Deleted member 100818

Choose the right kit for the appropriate mode. No reason to have kits change depending on game vote.
If it's a tie between two modes, just choose any kit that you think could be useful in either mode.
It's as if we gave Egg armour in Eggwars prot 4 on spawn, and we all know how few people want that.

This is a bit different from that in my perspective. If you open your chest while you're having the swordsmand kit in OP mode, you can basically throw it away because the chances are 9/10 you'll find a better sword. In eggwars however, the egg armor is a kit used to rush to mid as fast as possible. I've never heard anyone complaining about the egg armor in OP mode.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
This is a bit different from that in my perspective. If you open your chest while you're having the swordsmand kit in OP mode, you can basically throw it away because the chances are 9/10 you'll find a better sword. In eggwars however, the egg armor is a kit used to rush to mid as fast as possible. I've never heard anyone complaining about the egg armor in OP mode.
Just saying: Egg armour in OP eggwars is useless, unless you happened to be fighting someone without any weapons.
Anyways, kits are there to give you a small advantage in the game. Kits should stay the way they are, no matter what mode is chosen. This way, players are forced to actually use a variety of kits depending on the voted mode, instead of just having a single go-to kit every single time. If the swordsman sword was made better in OP mode, it'd also have to be made worse in basic mode for example. Nobody wants a worse version of your kit, right?
tl;dr Just pick the right kit for the right mode. No need to make kits great in every single mode. If it's a draw between votes, go for the best kit that would work well in both modes.

D

Deleted member 100818

Just saying: Egg armour in OP eggwars is useless, unless you happened to be fighting someone without any weapons.
Anyways, kits are there to give you a small advantage in the game. Kits should stay the way they are, no matter what mode is chosen.
An advantage you wouldn't have no more when your sword is useless.

JIf the swordsman sword was made better in OP mode, it'd also have to be made worse in basic mode for example. Nobody wants a worse version of your kit, right?
Well actually, it'd be only more fair. I do agree with the fact that IF this gets implemented it should be a worse kit in basic mode. But I don't think everyone hates that, I think that they only think it's logical.

It's more used for protection while going to mid to grab some diamonds at the start of the game, and I honestly don't believe I'm the only one doing that =3

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
An advantage you wouldn't have no more when your sword is useless.
And?
Iron warrior isn't useful in normal mode if you happened to already get iron leggings and an iron helmet.
Iron warrior us useful in OP mode if you happened to not get leggings or a helmet.
What's the difference between these two scenario's, and the advantage being "gone"?
The advantage with these kits is that you have an insurance. If you pick swordsman, you'll have a sword no matter what outcome. If you pick Iron warrior, you'll have leggins and boots no matter what outcome.
A kit is supposed to be possibly outclassed with chest loot in my opinion.
Well actually, it'd be only more fair. I do agree with the fact that IF this gets implemented it should be a worse kit in basic mode. But I don't think everyone hates that, I think that they only think it's logical.
I guarantee you people will complain about it, since it makes the kits "useless". The same happened when they initially nerfed the kits last update.
It's more used for protection while going to mid to grab some diamonds at the start of the game, and I honestly don't believe I'm the only one doing that =3
9 iron is enough to fight someone in OP eggwars, while standing a decent chance. If you're up against someone without armour, they'll be dead in a matter of seconds.
Since all you need to spend is 9 iron for the gear, you won't have that much of a time advantage even if you go straight to mid without any gear. It's risky, and the kit is completely useless if you're up against someone with a weapon in OP eggwars.

D

Deleted member 100818

9 iron is enough to fight someone in OP eggwars, while standing a decent chance. If you're up against someone without armour, they'll be dead in a matter of seconds.
Since all you need to spend is 9 iron for the gear, you won't have that much of a time advantage even if you go straight to mid without any gear. It's risky, and the kit is completely useless if you're up against someone with a weapon in OP eggwars.
I believe any second counts here. If you're the first on mid, you get all the diamonds, run away and spend it on your own generator. The armor may not be much but it's enough yo protect you against a few hits.

I guarantee you people will complain about it, since it makes the kits "useless". The same happened when they initially nerfed the kits last update.
Hmm, I'm not gonna make a statement for all people, I thought they'd think like me but at the end of the day, everyone has a different opinion so I honestly don't know how people would react. You might be right here but that's not guaranteed. Some people will love it, some will hate it, 9/10 times.

A kit is supposed to be possibly outclassed with chest loot in my opinion.
Well, saying it like that I have to admit that I agree with that. My point there was, if it's OP mode and there were like so many votes you couldn't be sure what the result was and it WOULD be OP and you were lucky to choos kit swordsman, you'd be pretty screwed because there are always better swords. I haven't seen one OP game with a worse sword.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I believe any second counts here. If you're the first on mid, you get all the diamonds, run away and spend it on your own generator. The armor may not be much but it's enough yo protect you against a few hits.
Each to their own, I suppose.

Well, saying it like that I have to admit that I agree with that. My point there was, if it's OP mode and there were like so many votes you couldn't be sure what the result was and it WOULD be OP and you were lucky to choos kit swordsman, you'd be pretty screwed because there are always better swords. I haven't seen one OP game with a worse sword.
Tip: Hovering over a voting option shows you how many people have voted for it. If chat is moving by too fast, you can always use that.
Also, how are you screwed if you pick swordsman and find a better weapon in one of your chests? How does having a better weapon result in you being screwed? Is it just because other players may have actually picked kits that are useful to them this time around?
Like I said: Picking swordsman is just an insurance in OP mode. I've had countless games where I either find bad weapons, or no weapons at all. That's when Swordsman would be useful, since I'd have that sword at least. The swordsman sword is not supposed to be a great sword in any game, but just a mediocre starting weapon. (Which is also why I don't play basic items)

D

Deleted member 100818

Each to their own, I suppose.

Tip: Hovering over a voting option shows you how many people have voted for it. If chat is moving by too fast, you can always use that.
I know that, really xD But if it's 4 against 5 votes for example, there's still a big chance the one with 4 votes wins.

Also, how are you screwed if you pick swordsman and find a better weapon in one of your chests? How does having a better weapon result in you being screwed? Is it just because other players may have actually picked kits that are useful to them this time around?
Like I said: Picking swordsman is just an insurance in OP mode. I've had countless games where I either find bad weapons, or no weapons at all. That's when Swordsman would be useful, since I'd have that sword at least. The swordsman sword is not supposed to be a great sword in any game, but just a mediocre starting weapon. (Which is also why I don't play basic items)
Well I agree with the fact that a kit gives you certainty, like you're certain that you have a decent sword. But swordsman is litterly useless in OP. I mean, at least lower the chance of getting a sword in OP then..

Jsnakebfksns

Mar 9, 2018
Hi there.

If you, for example, choose swordsman and the chest items are OP, you can throw away the sword, it's useless. The same goes for digger, archer, etc. I'd like to get it changed.

If the chest items are OP, those things should be changed.
Digger: Iron pickaxe (unbreaking 3, efficiency 2), 1 diamond ore, 5 coal ore and 8 iron ore → Diamond pickaxe (unbreaking 3, efficiency 2), 2 diamond ore, 5 coal ore, 12 iron ore.
Archer: Bow, 10 arrows and a chain chestplate → Bow (power 2), 25 arrows and a diamond chestplate.
Iron warrior: Iron leggings and an iron helmet → Iron leggins and an iron helmet. (Both protection 3).
Swordsman: Stone sword (sharpness 3) → Diamond sword (sharpness 1 at the start, the enchantment will increase to 2 after 2 minutes. Thanks to Luzario for the idea!).

Thank you for reading, have a pleasant day.
i really like they idea of they swordsman but the archer do i dont like it need to be 10 arrouws and leaderchestplate

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I know that, really xD But if it's 4 against 5 votes for example, there's still a big chance the one with 4 votes wins.
I'm pretty sure that every voting system works on a majority-wins system right now.

Well I agree with the fact that a kit gives you certainty, like you're certain that you have a decent sword. But swordsman is litterly useless in OP. I mean, at least lower the chance of getting a sword in OP then..
Disagreed. It's still a decent sword, even if it's slightly worse than an unenchanted diamond weapon.
It's not that the swords and stuff in OP need to be changed to fit the kit. It's just that the swordsman kit isn't really built to be useful all of the time in OP mode. That's a perfect example of some kits working better than others depending on the voted mode.

D

Deleted member 100818

I'm pretty sure that every voting system works on a majority-wins system right now.
Might've missed that

It's not that the swords and stuff in OP need to be changed to fit the kit. It's just that the swordsman kit isn't really built to be useful all of the time in OP mode. That's a perfect example of some kits working better than others depending on the voted mode.
Exactly, and that's why Scott suggested to make everything balanced so that you can choose every kit instead of using only the best for that vote.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
Exactly, and that's why Scott suggested to make everything balanced so that you can choose every kit instead of using only the best for that vote.
Aaand back to square one again...
Kits don't need to be changed to be useful in every mode. Pick the kit that fits the occasion, and you'll be fine.
It's not like you can't survive without a kit. Picking swordsman in OP for example, is just insurance to make sure you get any weapon. Same goes for iron warrior kit.

D

Deleted member 100818

Aaand back to square one again...
xD

Kits don't need to be changed to be useful in every mode. Pick the kit that fits the occasion, and you'll be fine.
It's not like you can't survive without a kit.
I never said you wouldn't survive, I'm only saying that kits could be more fun if they're useful in every SkyWars mode, which is why this thread was created.

Picking swordsman in OP for example, is just insurance to make sure you get any weapon. Same goes for iron warrior kit.
I've honestly never been in an OP game without a sword that's better than the swordsman kit sword. So that's why it's 100% useless, which means that that insurance is unnecesarry if you get a better sword like all time.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom