Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
The idea was ultimately shut down mainly because of the resources it would cost to simply maintain the skyblock server. Imagine 1 thousand different individual islands being loaded at once: It has to load it all (including entities, cobble gens, redstone, etc.) when a player is present in an island. They used to have skyblock, and the host would have to use special cooling to make sure the skyblock servers would stay functional, which, as you may know, costs a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong: I love skyblock, but it's not feasible for a server the size of Cube.

Reactions: Jevmen

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
The idea was ultimately shut down mainly because of the resources it would cost to simply maintain the skyblock server. Imagine 1 thousand different individual islands being loaded at once: It has to load it all (including entities, cobble gens, redstone, etc.) when a player is present in an island. They used to have skyblock, and the host would have to use special cooling to make sure the skyblock servers would stay functional, which, as you may know, costs a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong: I love skyblock, but it's not feasible for a server the size of Cube.
I had an idea on how SkyBlock could be made to not require as many resources as it would seem it needs. I might post a thread about it sometime but in short words it's pretty much have them all unloaded/not uploaded to the server except when necessary.

Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space

If cube could handle all the Bingo worlds when it initially came out and all players wanted to try it, I'm sure it can handle this too. Skyblock is mostly air anyway and entities can stack using certain plugins.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
If cube could handle all the Bingo worlds when it initially came out and all players wanted to try it, I'm sure it can handle this too.
Bingo used to have the same world multiple times in a row when it first came out. Now it uses new ones each time, and there aren't that many games on at once nowadays. Besides, the 16 players in one game are all on the same map, loading only a limited amount of chunks at once with no huge strain on the server.

Skyblock is mostly air anyway and entities can stack using certain plugins.
I guess entity stacking could help this actually.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Bingo used to have the same world multiple times in a row when it first came out. Now it uses new ones each time, and there aren't that many games on at once nowadays. Besides, the 16 players in one game are all on the same map, loading only a limited amount of chunks at once with no huge strain on the server.
You can split up the skyblock server into multiple servers just like bingo games are or just restart them often enough. Anyway there are certainly solutions to the problem that are really not that hard to implement.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom