Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
No, right now, this can't be done in the game. This is how you can avoid trolling, to a friend on your own island.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
No, right now, this can't be done in the game. This is how you can avoid trolling, to a friend on your own island.
There's more than that. Should trading be implemented, it can lead to scamming other players' skyblock islands. (This would lead to the same problem notoriously seen in Hypixel SkyBlock's co-op feature, where scammers try to trick players into adding them to the victim's co-op. At this point, scammers will steal items one way or another.)

Still, the reason that I mentioned shouldn't discourage converting solo profiles to co-op ones.

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
There's more than that. Should trading be implemented, it can lead to scamming other players' skyblock islands. (This would lead to the same problem notoriously seen in Hypixel SkyBlock's co-op feature, where scammers try to trick players into adding them to the victim's co-op. At this point, scammers will steal items one way or another.)

Still, the reason that I mentioned shouldn't discourage converting solo profiles to co-op ones.

Ah yes, with this you told me you're quite right. Because they can do everything to you and as you say even steal anyway. Good idea.

(I want you to know that I don't play Skyblock much, and I don't know how it works).

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ah yes, with this you told me you're quite right. Because they can do everything to you and as you say even steal anyway. Good idea.

(I want you to know that I don't play Skyblock much, and I don't know how it works).
I actually play Hypixel's version of SkyBlock a lot, and I'm the main editor of its Fandom wiki's scams article. Most of the scams (and comments) come from player interactions such as item switching in the trade menu, misleading messages regarding buying/selling items, or fake services. Abusing in-game mechanics is also another such as co-op adding players. Anything involving player interaction must be carefully thought out and tested before it's released, else this Skyblock will suffer the same problems as Hypixel's.

EDIT: The behavior is not limited to Skyblock as it is also seen in other MMORPG games where trading is a common interaction.

Last edited:

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I actually play Hypixel's version of SkyBlock a lot, and I'm the main editor of its Fandom wiki's scams article. Most of the scams (and comments) come from player interactions such as item switching in the trade menu, misleading messages regarding buying/selling items, or fake services. Abusing in-game mechanics is also another such as co-op adding players. Anything involving player interaction must be carefully thought out and tested before it's released, else this Skyblock will suffer the same problems as Hypixel's.

Yeah, you're right. I've been conned many times on Skyblock, mostly. And I don't want this to happen to any more people.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Yeah, you're right. I've been conned many times on Skyblock, mostly. And I don't want this to happen to any more people.
A simple fix would be to have a warning message upon actually sending a co-op invitation and an indicator for trading when the trade menu changes. This of course isn't the limit for combating scams before player-to-player interactions are added to the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

i keep falling through the “forest clearing“ cage whenever i play solo skywars bedrock pls fix im too lazy to make a bug report
Eli
The return of the Snow Rank

1713448196080.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Nightmare wrote on linkxniko's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom