1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skyblock Safe-Trade idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snap, Jun 1, 2014.

?

Should a trading system or anti-thief system be added to Skyblock, as described in the thread?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2014.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't mind

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but only for donators

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Snap

Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

I feel as though the last Safe-Trade thread i put up didn't really get noticed well. So i have decided to recreate it, with more ideas on how to get safe trades.

As mentioned in the previous thread, put leathers on the inside of the rooms in the trading area at spawn. This will prevent people from entering and therefore make your trades noob-proof. If this was to ever be implemented however, make sure that you are unable to teleport out, as otherwise the doors will be permanently closed.

Although difficult to implement, perhaps you could start up a trade with someone without needing to throw items to the ground for all the noobs to smell out. Seriously, it is like there is a magnetic force between the noobs and my items D: Maybe if you could just send the item to one another, it would prevent thieving and scammers, refusing to drop their item once they have yours.

EnderPearl Tip: Until some real trading system is implemented, you could buy enderpearls from people. Almost everyone has them and if you and your partner do, just teleport onto the roof of spawn, an area that you are not supposed to be able to reach. Btw my cat is stuck on the roof, try and find him <3

Finally, just remember to be cautious, seeing as scamming is not against the rules. Any reports on scammers will result in the mods/admins ignoring your ban requests.

P.S. [BUYING] nametags 10 iron ingots each <3 messaage me in-game or on the forums.

2. mitomali

mitomali Member

ducks
    I think I saw some kind of trading system that is safe. One person has to put 5 items in to get their 5 items. So if it is one item for five, have four random items so it is balanced. Hope this helps a little.

Snap likes this.
  3. Snap

Yeah, that is the kinda trade system that we need. Btw a miracle happened earlier. I was trading 4 stacks of iron for a beacon and a noob stole all the iron O.O that isn't the scariest part though. The noob returned ALL the iron. Don't see that every day =o

4. mitomali

mitomali Member

ducks
    Wow u r very lucky

5. mitomali

mitomali Member

ducks
    I wish that happened all the time. Nice people

6. Snap

Yeah. Didn't see that coming. returning thousands of points worth of iron

7. Mkllindsey98

Mkllindsey98 Member

Yeah I'm tired of having people run in and steal things.

8. Snap

It gets so annoying, during some trades, it's like everyone online is there, waiting for me to throw the items. They crouch in corners, as if they are invisible, then punch me as if i am annoying them >.< they aare like seagulls fighting for a bit of bread -.-

9. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

Here's a random idea: what about Sethbling's trade machine, and the mods would disable block breaking (obviously) and disable teleporting while inside. Or even better, a /trade offer [Player] command, then the other player would do /trade start [Player] to start it. It would open up 2 inventories, one of each player. Both players would put the items in their inventories for the other player to see. Now, to prevent people from changing their items at the last second, BOTH players would click a button that was "Finalize offer" and both players would see the final offer between them. However, they would not be able to change anything once they hit "Finalize offer", and then BOTH players would have to click another button called "Accept."

10. Snap

Sounds great but could be a bit complicated to code

11. Trickmaster

Trickmaster Member

They should ask Sethbling, he knows how to code, and is very easy to get in touch too!

12. bananacrazy

bananacrazy Member

Nice idea

13. O_O

O_O Member

would love it but i be banned D=