Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
I made a suggestion previously about ways to get infinite ice, and I feel like I can provide another possible solution to this issue and more. Basically, I am proposing the addition of relatively simple custom enchants (not anything complex / suitable for weapons like "summon lightning on the enemy" or anything like that, rather, more passive enchants). So, without further ado, here is my list of some potential custom enchants. Maybe they would require a quest or something to unlock them (they're more of QoL enchants than anything else), or would just cost a bit more to enchant them onto tools.

Note: the names that are listed next to the enchants are just other names that could be used for the enchant, not different enchants/variants.

- Frost Walker (I-II) (This enchantment is actually a vanilla enchant, but it's absent from the enchanter for whatever reason. Perhaps it could be artificially made, by freezing water in a certain radius while standing near it, just like in vanilla. However, (I don't know if this is true or not), I don't believe you can actually silk touch the frost-walker ice, so perhaps in Skyblock it could just create plain old ice that you can freely mine, effectively creating a useful navigational enchantment, and a way to get infinite ice.)

- Smelting Touch / Furnace (I) (essentially just an enchant that would smelt drops for you - I don't know if this is already added, since I haven't unlocked iron ore yet - including mob drops. Perhaps cooked and raw variants of food could be the same price so people don't profit immensely off of this enchant, or make cooked food unsellable at all. This could also work with clay and sand and other blocks to get their smelted variants.)

- Replenish / Replanter / Farmer's Delight (I) (a simple enchant that replants your crops when you break them. It would take the seeds needed from your inventory, essentially letting you skip the hassle of replanting all your crops without giving the player any extra crops.)

- Mending (I) (now, I'm not sure if skyblock is based around 1.9 or 1.8 - this applies to frost walker too - but both mending and frost walker were introduced in 1.9. If the server runs on 1.9, then perhaps the enchants could just be implemented with their vanilla variants, or be custom-made to prevent exploitation. Basically, when the player collects xp orbs, the tool in your hand/offhand increases in durability)

- Collector / Inventorist (I) (essentially just takes item drops and directly sends them into your inventory.)

- Luck of the Sea (I-III) (this would then require fishing loot tables and all the other random "treasure loot tables" to be implemented, though.)

- Binding (I) (this could either be a setting you can enable in your SB settings, or maybe an enchant. Basically, when you try and drop an item with this enchant, then it will prompt you to drop the item again to actually drop it. This is to prevent people from accidentally dropping their valuables into the void.)

That's about it for my list of enchants, and I'm sure that my mediocre enchant names could be tweaked or replaced altogether with better and more suiting names.

-Noodle...?

Reactions: off_matbog23

off_matbog23

Jun 17, 2020
België
I made a suggestion previously about ways to get infinite ice, and I feel like I can provide another possible solution to this issue and more. Basically, I am proposing the addition of relatively simple custom enchants (not anything complex / suitable for weapons like "summon lightning on the enemy" or anything like that, rather, more passive enchants). So, without further ado, here is my list of some potential custom enchants. Maybe they would require a quest or something to unlock them (they're more of QoL enchants than anything else), or would just cost a bit more to enchant them onto tools.

Note: the names that are listed next to the enchants are just other names that could be used for the enchant, not different enchants/variants.

- Frost Walker (I-II) (This enchantment is actually a vanilla enchant, but it's absent from the enchanter for whatever reason. Perhaps it could be artificially made, by freezing water in a certain radius while standing near it, just like in vanilla. However, (I don't know if this is true or not), I don't believe you can actually silk touch the frost-walker ice, so perhaps in Skyblock it could just create plain old ice that you can freely mine, effectively creating a useful navigational enchantment, and a way to get infinite ice.)

- Smelting Touch / Furnace (I) (essentially just an enchant that would smelt drops for you - I don't know if this is already added, since I haven't unlocked iron ore yet - including mob drops. Perhaps cooked and raw variants of food could be the same price so people don't profit immensely off of this enchant, or make cooked food unsellable at all. This could also work with clay and sand and other blocks to get their smelted variants.)

- Replenish / Replanter / Farmer's Delight (I) (a simple enchant that replants your crops when you break them. It would take the seeds needed from your inventory, essentially letting you skip the hassle of replanting all your crops without giving the player any extra crops.)

- Mending (I) (now, I'm not sure if skyblock is based around 1.9 or 1.8 - this applies to frost walker too - but both mending and frost walker were introduced in 1.9. If the server runs on 1.9, then perhaps the enchants could just be implemented with their vanilla variants, or be custom-made to prevent exploitation. Basically, when the player collects xp orbs, the tool in your hand/offhand increases in durability)

- Collector / Inventorist (I) (essentially just takes item drops and directly sends them into your inventory.)

- Luck of the Sea (I-III) (this would then require fishing loot tables and all the other random "treasure loot tables" to be implemented, though.)

- Binding (I) (this could either be a setting you can enable in your SB settings, or maybe an enchant. Basically, when you try and drop an item with this enchant, then it will prompt you to drop the item again to actually drop it. This is to prevent people from accidentally dropping their valuables into the void.)

That's about it for my list of enchants, and I'm sure that my mediocre enchant names could be tweaked or replaced altogether with better and more suiting names.

-Noodle...?
I think this is a good idea, however they could also do something with an icetrader on the hub with wolves and a sledd that trades you ice for another rare item

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom