Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Punish skybasing in duels, as it is in all other gamemodes?

• yes, following the same track as all other gamemodes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • no (explain)

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Recently, Skybasing has become completely allowed in duels. I see multiple issues with this new change.

The first issue is with the reason it was changed originally. It was changed because of duels having a lower height limit than other gamemodes, but the height limit is not that short, on any maps other than volcano. In fact, the skywars map Ping Pong has a height limit of 16 which is lower than all duels maps except volcano.

The second issue is a more obvious issue with allowing skybasing. I'm assuming that the rule was put in effect originally to prevent stalemates in games. With it allowed, creating a stalemate is easy. Way too easy.
1620521226840.png

I queued op eggwars with the intent to cause a stalemate with a skybase, and it was far too easy. I waited for him to place enough blocks where he cant build up to get me, then built a skybase.
1620522772021.png

I did this twice, both times creating a stalemate. In both of these situations, the game has stopped due to a stalemate. For it to continue, the skybaser (me) could jump down which is unlikely, the opponent could leave the game, or the game could draw. The outcome is never good for the opponent.

I did this to jay, who like many others I'm assuming, waited the game out so that his stats wouldn't be reduced by a troller (me).
1620523029143.png

I see no reason why to remove this rule preventing stalemates in duels. In fact, I see that the rule is most important in duels because you cannot gain any resources such as blocks or arrows, while in all other gamemodes you can. In all of these screenshots, I waited until I knew that they could not reach me, however, I could have made a skybase normally and knocked the other person off with arrows to create the same effect.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
why did they allow skybasing in the first place?
I was told it was made allowed because it has a lower average height limit than other gamemodes, but I don't see how the lower height limit reduces trolls and stalemates, especially since you cant gain any more blocks or arrows in this gamemode.

Reactions: Void Krun

Adxm

Apr 7, 2021
Recently, Skybasing has become completely allowed in duels. I see multiple issues with this new change.

The first issue is with the reason it was changed originally. It was changed because of duels having a lower height limit than other gamemodes, but the height limit is not that short, on any maps other than volcano. In fact, the skywars map Ping Pong has a height limit of 16 which is lower than all duels maps except volcano.

The second issue is a more obvious issue with allowing skybasing. I'm assuming that the rule was put in effect originally to prevent stalemates in games. With it allowed, creating a stalemate is easy. Way too easy. View attachment 193102
I queued op eggwars with the intent to cause a stalemate with a skybase, and it was far too easy. I waited for him to place enough blocks where he cant build up to get me, then built a skybase. View attachment 193104
I did this twice, both times creating a stalemate. In both of these situations, the game has stopped due to a stalemate. For it to continue, the skybaser (me) could jump down which is unlikely, the opponent could leave the game, or the game could draw. The outcome is never good for the opponent.

I did this to jay, who like many others I'm assuming, waited the game out so that his stats wouldn't be reduced by a troller (me).View attachment 193105
I see no reason why to remove this rule preventing stalemates in duels. In fact, I see that the rule is most important in duels because you cannot gain any resources such as blocks or arrows, while in all other gamemodes you can. In all of these screenshots, I waited until I knew that they could not reach me, however, I could have made a skybase normally and knocked the other person off with arrows to create the same effect.
It’s bad that they don’t allow it in certain gam modes but in other they do, it makes no sense... I’ve come across multiple people who skybase and the staff can’t do anything about it because it’s not against the rules

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
Top Bottom