Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should they bring back regular eggwars? or maybe just separate them?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

klqus

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2017
United Kingdom
In my opinion the new Eggwars is really bad. I wouldn't mind if it was kept as a different kind of Eggwars but making it the new regular one is so sad. Most people like Eggwars how it was, where you have to do things manually and not have something build for you. Its basically Bedwars but now with eggs and you have a choice to play 1.8 or 1.9 pvp. I saw that there was a voting thing at the end of the game or when you die asking you to rate the game which I hope this means there is a chance for regular Eggwars to return. Having automatic things makes the game more boring and it takes skill away from doing different kind of bridging techniques. I guess you could say we can make up new ones with it but what much is there to do with auto bridging? The reason Hypixel made Bedwars was so it was different from Eggwars and not playing the same game. Also the 30 block tunnel builder I think is just too op, I can see how its good for stopping bow spamming but what if it just completely takes out the point of using bows? Or what if the tower builders makes having a bow really more op than it was. With the tower builder you can cover the whole spawn point on some maps which makes it easier to farm kills and making it impossible to defend against the enemy team if you cant get out. Moving the steak is really small but its gonna be really annoying for players who have played the game for years, actually this whole new Eggwars is annoying for old players lmao. Usually making changes is a good thing but I personally think this one is a reallllyyyy BAD choice!! This new gamemode is just asking for more players to be bullied during game even by their own teammates. Like you can literally kill your own teammates by spamming towers somewhere and get them glitched in the walls and then they end up suffocating and die! Making it more easier to team troll. Also saw a post about cube wanting Eggwars to be unique from Bedwars but they are turning them into the same thing. The new towers and stuff is also asking for players to skybase more which is gonna make games longer, stressful and not fun. Hope cube doesn't lose more of its player base from this but I also hope the old Eggwars is returned. Again this is my opinion about it and nothing anyone says will change my mind.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
In my opinion the new Eggwars is really bad. I wouldn't mind if it was kept as a different kind of Eggwars but making it the new regular one is so sad. Most people like Eggwars how it was, where you have to do things manually and not have something build for you. Its basically Bedwars but now with eggs and you have a choice to play 1.8 or 1.9 pvp. I saw that there was a voting thing at the end of the game or when you die asking you to rate the game which I hope this means there is a chance for regular Eggwars to return. Having automatic things makes the game more boring and it takes skill away from doing different kind of bridging techniques. I guess you could say we can make up new ones with it but what much is there to do with auto bridging? The reason Hypixel made Bedwars was so it was different from Eggwars and not playing the same game. Also the 30 block tunnel builder I think is just too op, I can see how its good for stopping bow spamming but what if it just completely takes out the point of using bows? Or what if the tower builders makes having a bow really more op than it was. With the tower builder you can cover the whole spawn point on some maps which makes it easier to farm kills and making it impossible to defend against the enemy team if you cant get out. Moving the steak is really small but its gonna be really annoying for players who have played the game for years, actually this whole new Eggwars is annoying for old players lmao. Usually making changes is a good thing but I personally think this one is a reallllyyyy BAD choice!! This new gamemode is just asking for more players to be bullied during game even by their own teammates. Like you can literally kill your own teammates by spamming towers somewhere and get them glitched in the walls and then they end up suffocating and die! Making it more easier to team troll. Also saw a post about cube wanting Eggwars to be unique from Bedwars but they are turning them into the same thing. The new towers and stuff is also asking for players to skybase more which is gonna make games longer, stressful and not fun. Hope cube doesn't lose more of its player base from this but I also hope the old Eggwars is returned. Again this is my opinion about it and nothing anyone says will change my mind.
As has been said, the update would be fine if it was a seperate game from normal eggwars. I prefer cubecraft eggwars, not cubecraft bedwars

zHappyness

Aug 11, 2019
Eggwars beta sucked so hard and sad they have changed it cuz it is a look a like of bedwars

Reactions: Shottzyy and klqus
Feb 22, 2020
This is basically a copy of Bed Wars. It was much better when beta and normal were separate games on CubeCraft, since this is now a copy of Hypixel. I think that if you want to make a change, bring back Speed Egg Wars as a mini game and keep Egg Wars the same as before, it was fine and no one was asking for a change. If anything, add more maps for 5 players or more people.

Martinocom

Apr 10, 2016
Agree. I liked the "original" version, without too many upgrades. As is, it didn't need changes.

Reactions: klqus

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
Absolutely agree. Updates can re-invigorate a game and bring in new people, but this is just a copy of Bedwars. Which is nothing *new*--Bedwars has been out for *several years*. If we wanted to play Bedwars, we'd play Bedwars. Only benefit to this update atm is that you can play Bedwars in 1.9. But don't destroy what people love just to plagiarize someone else.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Absolutely agree. Updates can re-invigorate a game and bring in new people, but this is just a copy of Bedwars. Which is nothing *new*--Bedwars has been out for *several years*. If we wanted to play Bedwars, we'd play Bedwars. Only benefit to this update atm is that you can play Bedwars in 1.9. But don't destroy what people love just to plagiarize someone else.
To be fair hypixel did kinda copy cc eggwars and mineplex cakewars. They were more successful cuz they r a much bigger server then cc and mineplex

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
To be fair hypixel did kinda copy cc eggwars and mineplex cakewars. They were more successful cuz they r a much bigger server then cc and mineplex
Much of the 1.8 pvp community prefers faster-paced gameplay. Bedwars is much faster-paced than EggWars and had the benefit of existing on a server that both retained it's 1.8-only player base, and already had successful games like skywars, uhc and party-games in-house. BedWars was a fresh take on EggWars and because of the strategy/gameplay differences between the two, I don't have an issue with BedWar's similarities to EggWars.
Now that Cube is trying to copy BedWars gameplay onto EggWars, *now* I do have an issue.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
No no no.

At first what you suggested just won't work. You saw how it went with the Beta version when the modes were seperated. Nobody played beta, only a few tryhards going for the leaderboard. The same will happen when they seperate them again.

Now you're going to say: "Yeah right. Nobody liked beta so the new version is bad!!" This isn't correct. Nobody played beta at first because they knew from the start the stats were going to be deleted someday and as you had regular eggwars as well why would you play Beta then? Also because nobody played it games took ages to fill up and often started with only a few teams. This made it just not fun to play the game.

So with that being said, let's talk about the changes in the new update. (for the 1000th time)
Basically they added some useless things and some useful things.

The useless things:
- Structures;
Yes, I agree. This is a bad addition to the game. It's pretty useless as well. Because of this, nobody is gonna use them. I've played a few games since the update and I've litterally seen nobody use them already. And that while the update just went live so you'd expect people to try out the new features. So asides from it being a useless addition, it doesn't change the gameplay as how it was.
- Emerald Generators; Yes, the emerald generators are pretty useless as well. You have to stand on the generator for ages to get even 1 emerald and it takes multiple emeralds to be abled to buy anything. Also the items purchasable with emeralds are not that op at all. By the time you have farmed all the emeralds needed to buy something someone could've easily sneaked up to your island and took down your egg, so it is in most cases just not worth the risk to farm emeralds. Most people won't do this as well. It won't really impact the gameplay either.

The useful things:
- The new ability;
The new ability is awesome! I've always wanted to see this being implemented to EggWars, and they did it great by making it only a chance to drop ingots which gets bigger each time you upgrade the ability. This way it isn't too overpowered.
- Wood; I don't like that it is kind of stolen from BedWars, but I feel like EggWars needed this. Wood is just such a great block for egg defense and it adds another level of egg protection next to clay and obsidian.
- Auto click for armour; This is also just awesome! You only need to click once to buy armour instead of 4 times. How many times has it happened to you that you bought 2 chestplates? This won't happen anymore!
- Steak price reduced in Normal mode (FINALLY!!); YESS! We wanted this for so long! This is just an awesome addition, we can all agree with hopefully :)

So anyways, I'm sorry for making this so long lol. I just really don't agree with you guys and you should stop complaining! Play a few games and you'll see it's not that bad at all! It's so annoying that people can't handle changes, I get 1.9 release flashbacks. They are doing great tho with listening to the community and I'm sure it will be fixed so the update will be perfect eventually! Stay positive!

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
yeah before it was eggwars beta and normal eggwars and it was great that way

FnigePython

Sep 7, 2019
the land down under
Pronouns
She/Her
- Wood; I don't like that it is kind of stolen from Bedwars, but I feel like Eggwars needed this. Wood is just such a great block for egg defence and it adds another level of egg protection next to clay and obsidian.
Add on to that, There isn't really much you can do without copying from another version of Bedwars (I'm counting Eggwars as a version of bedwars because they have the same set of mechanics) and they didn't want to make Eggwars stale. I'm sure you wouldn't be still playing Minecraft today if they stopped updating at the full release.

klqus

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2017
United Kingdom
No no no.

At first what you suggested just won't work. You saw how it went with the Beta version when the modes were seperated. Nobody played beta, only a few tryhards going for the leaderboard. The same will happen when they seperate them again.

Now you're going to say: "Yeah right. Nobody liked beta so the new version is bad!!" This isn't correct. Nobody played beta at first because they knew from the start the stats were going to be deleted someday and as you had regular eggwars as well why would you play Beta then? Also because nobody played it games took ages to fill up and often started with only a few teams. This made it just not fun to play the game.

So with that being said, let's talk about the changes in the new update. (for the 1000th time)
Basically they added some useless things and some useful things.

The useless things:
- Structures;
Yes, I agree. This is a bad addition to the game. It's pretty useless as well. Because of this, nobody is gonna use them. I've played a few games since the update and I've litterally seen nobody use them already. And that while the update just went live so you'd expect people to try out the new features. So asides from it being a useless addition, it doesn't change the gameplay as how it was.
- Emerald Generators; Yes, the emerald generators are pretty useless as well. You have to stand on the generator for ages to get even 1 emerald and it takes multiple emeralds to be abled to buy anything. Also the items purchasable with emeralds are not that op at all. By the time you have farmed all the emeralds needed to buy something someone could've easily sneaked up to your island and took down your egg, so it is in most cases just not worth the risk to farm emeralds. Most people won't do this as well. It won't really impact the gameplay either.

The useful things:
- The new ability;
The new ability is awesome! I've always wanted to see this being implemented to EggWars, and they did it great by making it only a chance to drop ingots which gets bigger each time you upgrade the ability. This way it isn't too overpowered.
- Wood; I don't like that it is kind of stolen from BedWars, but I feel like EggWars needed this. Wood is just such a great block for egg defense and it adds another level of egg protection next to clay and obsidian.
- Auto click for armour; This is also just awesome! You only need to click once to buy armour instead of 4 times. How many times has it happened to you that you bought 2 chestplates? This won't happen anymore!
- Steak price reduced in Normal mode (FINALLY!!); YESS! We wanted this for so long! This is just an awesome addition, we can all agree with hopefully :)

So anyways, I'm sorry for making this so long lol. I just really don't agree with you guys and you should stop complaining! Play a few games and you'll see it's not that bad at all! It's so annoying that people can't handle changes, I get 1.9 release flashbacks. They are doing great tho with listening to the community and I'm sure it will be fixed so the update will be perfect eventually! Stay positive!
Like I said before, this is my opinion and no one will change my mind about the new Eggwars so you can't pick out parts of my sentences and say that they are not CORRECT or TRUE. We have the right to complain especially if we don't like something this BIG that happened to our favorite game that we have been playing for years and got so far into. Also if they are doing great listening to their community why did they ignore their players suggestions for years and then all of a sudden put out an update no one asked for? Players have been asking for speed Eggwars back for a long time now, and look what we got, a copy of Bedwars. I don't see very good listening their. So suggesting for them to be separated is a very good idea. Let the players have a choice on what they want to play, not be forced. Oh and I did play a couple of games, otherwise I wouldn't be complaining about it. Wouldn't make sense to complain about something you haven't even tried yet.

• Sad
Reactions: Maaarijn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom