Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Netflix_Addicted

Forum Expert
Nov 29, 2015
Quarantined at home
In fact there is a language setting in settings, what does it do because obviously it doesn't do anything.
That's not true. If you're going to play a game the countdown and other things are in that language so it's quite helpful.
Make there one main lobby for people who haven't selected a language in their CubeCraft settings.
Then one a lobby for each language.
Can I ask why you want this? Because I don't see a good reason to do this.
The reason why I request this is because a language barrier absolutely decreases the chance of winning
I don't get what you're trying to say.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Before anyone asks, the reason why this thread came up so recently even though the problem has been a problem since the inception of the server, is because:

1. I didn't have a forums account until a few weeks ago because I'm lazy (I've been playing for a lot longer time than my forums account).

2. It wasn't a huge problem until recently because I've always able to find a English game, but now it's getting ridiculous.

3. I'm lazy.

Anyways back to the main point.

I think that there should be separate CubeCraft lobbies for each language.

In fact there is a language setting in settings, what does it do because obviously it doesn't do anything.

Make there one main lobby for people who haven't selected a language in their CubeCraft settings.

The reason why I request this is because a language barrier absolutely decreases the chance of winning

It wouldn't require much, except a little bit of Bukkit trickery.

This is imperative to improving the quality of the games so I hope you will take my plea into consideration.
*cough cough* Racist *Cough Cough* no just kidding but really having this doesn't allow for cross national communication

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
What about people that speak more than one language? And people don't always select their language. Doing this would also put a gap in the server's community. Also, if you start creating language servers then you have some server's that will never fill up for games to start.

-1 Cool idea but without a better method of fixing this it would do more harm than good.

archie426

Oct 12, 2016
Lancaster, UK
That's called racism
No, it is not. Racism is where people offend you, because of your race. Splitting races into lobbies isn't racist becasue they can chop and change
I still do not see the point of this. Ok, maybe it does up the chance of winning if you have people who speak the same language as you. But I think it is important that races mix, it is important in life. Still if you can't speak other languages, don't complain when you said other languages are stupid at school!

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Look, if you want to have a chance with people that speak english, play with friends.
This would cause a lot of separation between the community. The server is trying to be
friendly to all people of all languages and sort. I don't really see a problem with the current
lobbies and so far, the people that speak other languages have some basic understanding
of english.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I have the feeling people will just insult other people because of the nation they live in. It will split the community apart. Nope

Reactions: archie426

archie426

Oct 12, 2016
Lancaster, UK
If you didn't want to read that part you don't need to, it's just a little thing I added in to address a comment that I thought people were gonna make

IT'S STILL UNFAIR FOR PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ONE LANGUAGE.

And that Spanish person can get all the help he needs in the Spanish lobby.

Already covered by like the first reply.

No, communities that can't understand each other = bad bad bad

Then whats the point of team mode if it's like you're solo.

I NEVER SAID TRANSLATE YOU IDIOT. AND NOT ONLY THAT BUT SPIGOT IS BASED OFF OF BUKKIT YOU ABSOLUTE IDIOT.

WHO AM I DISCRIMINATING?????? AND IT IS TERRIBLE QUALITY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR TEAM.

Well obviously you don't understand English, so you might need to read that sentence again.

Then why play team?

What is this example saying?

You might need your brain checked because I never said they need to learn English, I said they need to get the hell out of my game so I can understand whats going on. I'm not going to learn Spanish so I can play a game, plus what am I going to do when I am learning?

And I'd like to improve it, would you mind someone else other than yourself having a good experience?

What am I assuming?

I'm asking for them not to complain about how useless it is, and instead about how it would harm them, I'm not being selfish.
Well, if a person cannot speak the language it is their problem for not learning languages, they are very important

Reactions: Cyqni

archie426

Oct 12, 2016
Lancaster, UK
This is why I hate bi-lingual people so much, they all think that it's expected to know a thousand different languages and that it's your fault for not spending a year+ to learn a language.
You just offended about 2/3 of the world including me. No one EXPECTS you to learn another language, though it is important. I am not suprised you want seperate lobbies for languages. That is almost being racist. How can you have met every single bi-lingual person there is in the world (which is around 2/3 of it) to know that they all believe that?

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
Well thats great... I guess I'm just gonna have to learn Spanish.
Or you could just ignore Spanish players ;)
Case closed.png

Case Closed.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Tbh, I don't really care what language people speak. Eventually you'll find a friend to play with. I've played with Dutch people, English people and yesterday with a portugees kid which English wasn't really good, as long as I can understand what he says I don't really care. I don't get why you care.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
You just offended about 2/3 of the world including me. No one EXPECTS you to learn another language, though it is important. I am not suprised you want seperate lobbies for languages. That is almost being racist. How can you have met every single bi-lingual person there is in the world (which is around 2/3 of it) to know that they all believe that?
I am a billingual person and I spent 3 entire years of my life learning english as good as I can. People have different languages cultures religions and I have respect of that. If someone refuses to learn english or another language. Let them be. Everyone decides the own path he goes and other people should respect that. Plainly saying that all billinguals hate people who refuse to learn another language is just like accusing someone of being racist in my eyes.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Before anyone asks, the reason why this thread came up so recently even though the problem has been a problem since the inception of the server, is because:

1. I didn't have a forums account until a few weeks ago because I'm lazy (I've been playing for a lot longer time than my forums account).

2. It wasn't a huge problem until recently because I've always able to find a English game, but now it's getting ridiculous.

3. I'm lazy.

Anyways back to the main point.

I think that there should be separate CubeCraft lobbies for each language.

It wouldn't require much, except a little bit of Bukkit trickery.
Un
This is imperative to improving the quality of the games so I hope you will take my plea into consideration.
I'm okay with this as long as you can manually switch between language lobbies. Reason I like this is because things like this can happen in games:
Teamate is busy shopping and doing other things, and you are at mid. The enemy is running through one of your side bridges. You:Someone is coming! Them:¿Que? The now confused teamate does not notice the enemy and the egg gets broken.

DarkEndDivinity

Jul 30, 2016
I understand where you are coming from but I don't really think it's that much of a problem. Just think of how lonely some lobbies would be for the less popular languages.

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
so like badlion? well if this is added,each server will have less player, then that means we will have to wait longer before the game starts.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom