Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, I haven't played Minecraft for a week already, but I think Sentinel still does his work good, or not but you'll have to tell me bad stories about Sentinel then. I can experience Sentinel again when I'm back home, which is Wednesday.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
It works well, and I don't find that many hackers.
I honestly like it, and if I had to say a negative thing about it, it would be that sentinel makes it harder to get more reports accepted.
Also, that it bans people unfairly once in a while but it seems to have been decreased quite a bit.

I have gotten banned by mistake once a few months ago, but the appeal was accepted. I remember the first month there were loads of threads about them getting banned, but now I don't see one too often.

So yeah, I honestly like it and it does it's job just fine ;)

Talia5567

Aug 21, 2016
Somewhere on earth
It works well, and I don't find that many hackers.
I honestly like it, and if I had to say a negative thing about it, it would be that sentinel makes it harder to get more reports accepted.
Also, that it bans people unfairly once in a while but it seems to have been decreased quite a bit.

I have gotten banned by mistake once a few months ago, but the appeal was accepted. I remember the first month there were loads of threads about them getting banned, but now I don't see one too often.

So yeah, I honestly like it and it does it's job just fine ;)
True :P

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Honestly, no.
An anti-cheat that bans a legitimate way of pvp is pretty bad.
It's not like hackers get banned the second they hack.
Yea it bans the really obvious ones, such as fly, but it's getting to the point where there are updated clients, in which sentinel doesn't ban.
Not to mention the complaint of false sentinal bans...
From NoCheatPlus, it's much better IMO (at least from what I've seen)
However, for others, (I think) 1.8 is still just as bad.
For me, Sentinal isn't good, but it's an improvement from before. I probably haven't seen the whole story
and so far, I still do not think it detects hackers very well.
Well you might notice:
1- No one agrees with you...
2- The thread is almost dead...
3- This is a completely different type of thread (Your's is a rant) (My is a civil conversation.
4- If your going to comment atleast vote or also comment your opinion
A lot of ppl agree with him. That's why there are a lot of rant threads lmao
Deads threads don't mean anything lmao. It's still there. Opinions are still there lmao.
His thread is different, but it's his own point of view.
He did comment his opinion, it's his thread.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I Just said, please stop, I told you I think what icheetah said it just what I was thinking but he summarized it

Ok... Then... O.o

13 likes from the most influential people on this forums. Yep, definitely nobody ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And the likes on the posts that contradict me are all from either staff members who don't want to be demoted, or staff wannabes.

So your saying either you or higer staff will demote them if they say anything wrong with it? WTF!
Yeah I could beg to diffrer when you use the word "influential"

Honestly, no.
An anti-cheat that bans a legitimate way of pvp is pretty bad.
It's not like hackers get banned the second they hack.
Yea it bans the really obvious ones, such as fly, but it's getting to the point where there are updated clients, in which sentinel doesn't ban.
Not to mention the complaint of false sentinal bans...
From NoCheatPlus, it's much better IMO (at least from what I've seen)
However, for others, (I think) 1.8 is still just as bad.
For me, Sentinal isn't good, but it's an improvement from before. I probably haven't seen the whole story
and so far, I still do not think it detects hackers very well.

A lot of ppl agree with him. That's why there are a lot of rant threads lmao
Deads threads don't mean anything lmao. It's still there. Opinions are still there lmao.
His thread is different, but it's his own point of view.
He did comment his opinion, it's his thread.

Rant threads get nothing done... There a bunch of loud people shouting out there problems to the public
I'm trying to disscuss this civily without conflict or cats being thrown...

Reactions: Twania

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Ok... Then... o_O

So your saying either you or higer staff will demote them if they say anything wrong with it? WTF!
Yeah I could beg to diffrer when you use the word "influential"

Rant threads get nothing done... There a bunch of loud people shouting out there problems to the public
I'm trying to disscuss this civily without conflict or cats being thrown...
Rant threads are threads in which people voice their criticism so the situation gets better.
So, when @Cyqni used a rant thread as his argument, are you disallowing it because it's not "civil"?
It's his opinion, and he wasn't causing anything disaster, more like an opinion rather than anything.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Rant threads are threads in which people voice their criticism so the situation gets better.
So, when @Cyqni used a rant thread as his argument, are you disallowing it because it's not "civil"?
It's his opinion, and he wasn't causing anything disaster, more like an opinion rather than anything.

No I'm not disalouding it I don't incourage it... You know me or someone else will star argueing and then this thread will be like the others... Oop gtg someone is ranting at me RN :/

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
@The13thDoctor
No need to start arguments/ continue them. Just respect their opinions...

Onto the thread, tbh,my don't mind sentinel. I have heard of false bans but have never been false banned myself (probably because I'm so bad)

I don't think of false bans as too much of a problem, but they could probably annoy a lot of people.
I think sentinel does a good job at banning hackers.. So it's actually pretty good. After all, no anti cheat is perfect.
Overall, 'it's ok', because it does false ban a few people, but it does ban the hackers.
Not the best, but could be a lot worse :p

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
@The13thDoctor
No need to start arguments/ continue them. Just respect their opinions...

Onto the thread, tbh,my don't mind sentinel. I have heard of false bans but have never been false banned myself (probably because I'm so bad)

I don't think of false bans as too much of a problem, but they could probably annoy a lot of people.
I think sentinel does a good job at banning hackers.. So it's actually pretty good. After all, no anti cheat is perfect.
Overall, 'it's ok', because it does false ban a few people, but it does ban the hackers.
Not the best, but could be a lot worse :p

I'm not trying to... Ill give him a cat later :/

;)

Yeah but sometimes I wonder how in the world are they false banned... And for what ;)

A

A pigeon

SentinelSucks .(pun definitely intended)
As for Cyqni's thread , it was locked because cube doesnt like talking about major issues.

It was a good thread. The makers of sentinel are not well versed in differenciating hacks and legitness.

The maker refuses to reply on forums .

Its stated that sentinel is learning. Lmao im sure it is not an AI like Skynet . Probably being updated once every 2 months, unlikely though considering it is still an underwhelming anticheat

Reactions: Thaus

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I'm not trying to... Ill give him a cat later :/
Good idea! ;)
Cats solve everything! ..right?

Yeah but sometimes I wonder how in the world are they false banned... And for what ;)
I think sentinel, like, detects weird things that seem like hacks, then it will flag that player and ban them when the next ban wave happens? Idrk, please don't quote me on that.
But, yeah, I think sometimes lag can sometimes replicate that weird things which sentinel thinks are hacks and it bans you for it?
Also, some techniques that pro players use also look like hacks?!?
I honestly have no idea. If anyone does know how sentinel works, could you please tell me xD

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
SentinelSucks .(pun definitely intended)
As for Cyqni's thread , it was locked because cube doesnt like talking about major issues.

It was a good thread. The makers of sentinel are not well versed in differenciating hacks and legitness.

The maker refuses to reply on forums .

Its stated that sentinel is learning. Lmao im sure it is not an AI like Skynet . Probably being updated once every 2 months, unlikely though considering it is still an underwhelming anticheat

That makes CCG sound wimpy...
Funny Pun...
:/
*Sigh...

Good idea! ;)
Cats solve everything! ..right?

I think sentinel, like, detects weird things that seem like hacks, then it will flag that player and ban them when the next ban wave happens? Idrk, please don't quote me on that.
But, yeah, I think sometimes lag can sometimes replicate that weird things which sentinel thinks are hacks and it bans you for it?
Also, some techniques that pro players use also look like hacks?!?
I honestly have no idea. If anyone does know how sentinel works, could you please tell me xD

:/

Reactions: DanDaDino
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Livvv wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis ankis! ^-^
AnolTongi wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Klosk!!!!!
Wishing you a fun weekend 💛
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Since I know you like these AI images:
Here is one for your Birthday Tim, enjoy this day!
1714740689209.png
Top Bottom