• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twann

Dedicated Member
Oct 17, 2016
The Netherlands.
@The13thDoctor

I don't think of false bans as too much of a problem, but they could probably annoy a lot of people.
I think sentinel does a good job at banning hackers.. So it's actually pretty good. After all, no anti cheat is perfect.
Overall, 'it's ok', because it does false ban a few people, but it does ban the hackers.
Not the best, but could be a lot worse :p
Hey @The13thDoctor.
This is exactly what I meant, thank you @DanDaDino for explaining!

The next time would I explain it as well, sorry for a simpel messages! I'm busy for now sorry @The13thDoctor and thank yoy for the tag, you are awsome! :)

L

Lepzi

Personally I think it is doing an ok job it could be soo much better and I know that it will take time and that's ok, though I don't like how it has been banning people for apparently cheating when they clearly aren't this has to be fixed asap. It is slightly better then it used to be before sentinel came out but it isn't enough we do need it to be much better and I do hope it will get better I'll be honest I have heard bad things from other servers, friends and more about the anti cheat saying it is awful and I truly hope it gets much better so that I won't be hearing this any more.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally I think it is doing an ok job it could be soo much better and I know that it will take time and that's ok, though I don't like how it has been banning people for apparently cheating when they clearly aren't this has to be fixed asap. It is slightly better then it used to be before sentinel came out but it isn't enough we do need it to be much better and I do hope it will get better I'll be honest I have heard bad things from other servers, friends and more about the anti cheat saying it is awful and I truly hope it gets much better so that I won't be hearing this any more.

Well thx to 1.13 PvP is getting a strange twist, Bug will be fixed, and ETC

Cyqni

Forum Expert
Jul 24, 2015
a place where everything you touch turns to gold.
So your saying either you or higer staff will demote them if they say anything wrong with it? WTF!

Rant threads get nothing done... There a bunch of loud people shouting out there problems to the public
I'm trying to disscuss this civily without conflict or cats being thrown...
1: Yes, probably. You know Sentinel is holy to the higher ranked staff members. The permanent ban for the stupid name I got is the clear evidence. If a moderator stated something was wrong with it, I wouldn't be surprised if (s)he is suddenly demoted.

2: Rants do something: Show the anger of the players. People can learn from rant threads. Also, we were having a civilized discussion when the thread was locked...
No I'm not disalouding it I don't incourage it... You know me or someone else will star argueing and then this thread will be like the others... Oop gtg someone is ranting at me RN :/
Just in case you don't know: Opionions exist. We don't all think like you do, luckily. The world would be boring if we did. But please respect opinions. Thank you :)

Reactions: Thaus

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
1: Yes, probably. You know Sentinel is holy to the higher ranked staff members. The permanent ban for the stupid name I got is the clear evidence. If a moderator stated something was wrong with it, I wouldn't be surprised if (s)he is suddenly demoted.

2: Rants do something: Show the anger of the players. People can learn from rant threads. Also, we were having a civilized discussion when the thread was locked...

Just in case you don't know: Opionions exist. We don't all think like you do, luckily. The world would be boring if we did. But please respect opinions. Thank you :)

I do... I don't mind opinions... Ranting is pointless in MY OPINION! And I just want a topic and a discussion. That's all...

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Please, you have to expect negative and possitive things. The title says it all. "Opinions"
Just take your chill dude.
Now back to the thread..
I have never been false banned luckily and its probs I'm too "careful" and noobish at PVP.

I do however seen so many people get false banned, but I did see Sentinel in action before.
It's so sad when you're friends get banned for being good, I've seen threads written by members about the anti cheat "sucks"
Personally I think the developer(s) for this project should listen to both sides, thats how they can improve. No anti cheat is perfect, but if you look at your mistakes that were especially by a person experiencing it and fix it, it can be near perfect.

It's genrally ok, lots of room for improvement tho :)

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
A good anticheat for the people who haven't been banned.
A bad anticheat for those who have.
And the worst anticheat for the people who have been banned when they hadn't used any kind of hacks.

I'm on the third side, with an opinion of the first one.
It's a good anticheat with problems to detect hackers sometimes.
Nothing is perfect, I know, but an update of it would be amazing.
I feel dissapointed when legit people get banned by the anticheat and their appeals get denied. That just doesn't make sense for me.
Meanwhile, there are still hackers who haven't been banned for days. Just an example: https://appeals.cubecraft.net/find_appeals/Thomascalderon I've seen him lately using hacks and guess what, he's still free. Obvious killaura and reach.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Read this through xD
The "Hatrex" Network is pissed xD
How can a network be pissed?

Goin on topic:
Sentinel is an improvement from NCP, no doubt about that but lately it has been missing out on too many hackers. In the last 4 days I've seen (In both the 1.8 and 1.9 network) people using all types of hacks and not be banned instantly in that game (Hacks such as: Anti-Kb, Kill Aura, Aimbot, Fly, Glide, B-Hop, etc) and trust me when I say this, one of the hackers that I've played against had all of those cheats that I just mentioned enabled at the same time and Sentinel still didn't catch up on anything. (In other words, I believe NCP would've done better in that scenario, but the player was banned like 30 mins later or so).

"Why don't you report the hackers then you stupid turd"
The hacks are so obvious that I had thought that Sentinel would've caught up with it but I was clearly wrong and will be recording all my games again from now on + even if I did record and report, there wouldn't have been an affect in gameplay since the report takes way too long to get solved that the game would've been finished by then + I bet that Sentinel would've beat the staff member solving the report too.

At the end of the day, Sentinel is better that NCP, but lately Sentinel has been missing much more than I have expected.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_
I also haven't played minecraft for more than a week but it didn't make that many flaws as far as I remember. I try to report as much players as possible but sometimes a report still gets closed because of Sentinel banning the player I reported before someone could check it out, a lot of people have experienced this too.
Sometimes when I see a hacker or when I try to record him/her he/she suddenly dies out of nowhere. When I check the appeal section it sais: banned by cc_Sentinel, Sentinel caught you cheating. So sometimes you have to be lucky to be on a ban wave.
A lot of people get angry when they see a hacker because he's not getting banned but they don't even know that Sentinel bans in ban waves and that the hackers don't get banned instantly. Usually when I see a hacker (and I don't manage to record) he doesn't get banned instantly but when I check the appeal section 1 day later he's still banned.
Some players say that Sentinel sucks but we can't just make it stricter because this can resolve into more false bans. Sentinel has it's flaws of course like the false bans (especially for the jitter clickers) but the amount of false bans decreased in comparison to the beginnig and it's still improving. Sentinel might not be as good as Watchdog (Hypixels anti-cheat) or GWEN (Mineplexs anti-cheat) but it's pretty new and this can change even though it works a little bit different. Sentinel is definitely is definitely an improvement in comparison to the old NCP anti-cheat.
Sentinel is doing a pretty good job in my opinion but it can definitely be improved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maaarijn

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
How can a network be pissed?

Goin on topic:
Sentinel is an improvement from NCP, no doubt about that but lately it has been missing out on too many hackers. In the last 4 days I've seen (In both the 1.8 and 1.9 network) people using all types of hacks and not be banned instantly in that game (Hacks such as: Anti-Kb, Kill Aura, Aimbot, Fly, Glide, B-Hop, etc) and trust me when I say this, one of the hackers that I've played against had all of those cheats that I just mentioned enabled at the same time and Sentinel still didn't catch up on anything. (In other words, I believe NCP would've done better in that scenario, but the player was banned like 30 mins later or so).

"Why don't you report the hackers then you stupid turd"
The hacks are so obvious that I had thought that Sentinel would've caught up with it but I was clearly wrong and will be recording all my games again from now on + even if I did record and report, there wouldn't have been an affect in gameplay since the report takes way too long to get solved that the game would've been finished by then + I bet that Sentinel would've beat the staff member solving the report too.

At the end of the day, Sentinel is better that NCP, but lately Sentinel has been missing much more than I have expected.

FastBowler is making so pretty interesting statements... And I was not assumeing all of you were...

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Yes, probably. You know Sentinel is holy to the higher ranked staff members. The permanent ban for the stupid name I got is the clear evidence. If a moderator stated something was wrong with it, I wouldn't be surprised if (s)he is suddenly demoted.
I don't want to be rude, but this is utterly ridiculous. I will be the first to say that Sentinel is not perfect and that there are and always will be flaws with it. Making a perfect anti-cheat is next to impossible. Just the other day, we received word of a false ban involving a freak occurrence in a game of Skywars, and only 2 hours later, CrazyManJr had identified and patched the issue. There was no way to foresee such a strange and unusual issue. All we can do is work to improve it little by little, making sure false bans decrease and the number of cheaters caught increases.

Your previous name, while not against our rules, was indicative of the nature of your past infractions which I will not go into here. I can see why one of our moderators made the hasty decision of banning you; however, this was unjust, hence why I personally removed your ban.

In conclusion, we apologize if Sentinel has falsely banned you or a friend in the past, but you must realize that making threads with titles like "Sentinel Doesn't Work At All" do little to fix the issue. Oftentimes, these threads are made from a place of anger and misinformation, and it's hardly lucrative for someone knowledgeable on the subject like CrazyManJr to respond to threads of these types. If your intention is to help fix these issues, a better solution would be to contact a member of staff or CrazyManJr instead of making threads with sensationalist titles.

As per the request of the original poster, this thread will be locked. If anyone has any constructive issues, comments, concerns, or suggestions regarding Sentinel, I am always happy to hear them and pass them on to CrazyManJr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom