Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would this be fun?

• Total voters

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Ok, so the different holidays get a lot of cool stuff on the server. New games, maps, lobbies, cublets, etc. The forums doesn't really get anything special. I think it's time for that to change. My idea is to have special reactions on the forums for the different times of year. The basic reactions are like, love, funny, wow, sad, and angry. I think we could add onto that with special reactions that are only available during certain seasons.

Christmas
- Santa reaction reaction
- Christmas tree reaction

Spring/Easter
- Egg reaction
- Bunny reaction

Summer
- Beachball reaction
- Palm tree reaction

Fall/Halloween
- Jack o lantern reaction
- ghost reaction

So yea, those are reactions I think that should be on the forums during certain seasons. They would basically be different ways of liking someone's post.

I get this isn't super nessacary, but it would still be a fun vanity thing to add during the seasons, just to add some spirit to the forums during the different holidays.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I disagree with this suggestion, because I think the reactions that are available right now explain what you think of the suggestion/profile post/feedback/etc, the seasonal reactions which you suggested doesn’t. If I react to a suggestion with ‘👻’ you don’t understand if I agree or disagree. Of course it is fun to react to a christmas profile post with a santa hat, but giving a like or a love as a reaction has the same effect. Also when the season finished, you can still see the reactions by ‘reactions received’. Which will make it look messy in my opinion. -1.

Reactions: Finixly

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
They would basically be different ways of liking someone's post.

Hi! I disagree with this suggestion, because I think the reactions that are available right now explain what you think of the suggestion/profile post/feedback/etc, the seasonal reactions which you suggested doesn’t. If I react to a suggestion with ‘👻’ you don’t understand if I agree or disagree. Of course it is fun to react to a christmas profile post with a santa hat, but giving a like or a love as a reaction has the same effect. Also when the season finished, you can still see the reactions by ‘reactions received’. Which will make it look messy in my opinion. -1.
I addressed this in my original post :)

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hai,

I love holidays and I would love for the forums to go a little more seasonal.
They would basically be different ways of liking someone's post.
So if I understand correctly, all these different reactions are the same as the 'Like' button?

If this is the case, it would be pretty unnecessary, since there is no reason to use it as I would just use the regular 'Like' button.

I would rather see some simple adjustments/decorations to all the different reactions, such as a Santa Hat, a skeleton hand as the 'Like' button, etc.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hai,

I love holidays and I would love for the forums to go a little more seasonal.

So if I understand correctly, all these different reactions are the same as the 'Like' button?

If this is the case, it would be pretty unnecessary, since there is no reason to use it as I would just use the regular 'Like' button.

I would rather see some simple adjustments/decorations to all the different reactions, such as a Santa Hat, a skeleton hand as the 'Like' button, etc.
Ah, so replace the like button with a santa react, or pumpkin reacat etc? That would actually be a good way of doing it, since it would mean they could get used more. Thanks alot!

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
I addressed this in my original post :)
I understand your suggestion, I gave my feedback why I don’t want seasonal reactions as a ‘like’ feature:

Reactions: 404Owl
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom