Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
In the last nine months, Cube's playerbase has halved. Back then, there were no less than 11k online at a time, but now there's a maximum of 8k. Now, what I just said is a slight hint of exaggeration on how many players have left, but its a lot! There has been drama in the suggestions forum recently with players suggesting things which get **** loads of support but the staff are saying no. These are my ideas which I want to put forward, any which are from other ppl's threads will be quoted, linked to and the user tagged.

My first suggestion is coming from the thread did is not da wae, by @skifby , which you can read here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae-fyi-meme-titles-are-allowed.203241/
skifby said:
@Neeeeeeeeeeko Someone didn't like your title, and decided to lock the entire thread.. here's a re-post, because it's still a solid suggestion.
Thread: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae.203186

sdX40qb.jpg
This was in response to a suggestion thread by @Neeeeeeeeeeko being l0ck3d and d3ni3d bc of its title. @Quetzi responded with this:
Quetzi said:
Serious suggestions deserve serious titles. If you make your title a meme, I won't read the contents. Simple.
@AnonymousVoter gave examples:
AnonymousVoter said:
"Make Cubecraft Great Again" "Make the anti-cheat great again"
I find Q's response to by quite hypocritical, as he's basically saying if a suggestion thread isn't completely srs, then it will be denied. But the announcement threads, especially map update announcements, have puns left right and centre.
CubeCraft said:
EggWars - XmasParty (Team of 5)
I hope this map is the tur-key to your hearts
xmaspartyforums-jpg.140463

EggWars - Frosty (Solo)
Frosty the snowman had a very shiny nose egg
xmassnowflakeforums-jpg.140464

Lucky Islands - Gingerbread (Team of 2)
Be b-ready!
xmasgingerbreadforums-jpg.140465
Sry Q I do respect you but you've just been called out.

I've not seen anyone complain about this on the forums, but as it was never announced idk if its intended or just a bug. In TNT trouble when a player on your team has TNT, your screen will go black (small flashes of normal vision can happen at any moment) and all you see is the outline of that player with the TNT. Similarly in skywars when the chests refill, your screen going black and all you see is the chests' outlines just keeps flashing until the refill is complete. This is annoying and it would be nice to see it removed.

The forums are looking quite dead rn, as can be seen from the number of minutes ago some of the posts on the most recent tab at the side show. So here's a suggestion from @Earth which should make the forums look more alive, you can read the original here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-the-forums-look-less-dead.203151/

Earth said:
The forums are much more dead compared to 2015/2016. Most of you randies won't even know but the maximum # of minutes ago you'd see here:
7990733932cbdfaf59db76080f017be4.png

was around 5 to 10 minutes ago, if not fewer.

So my short suggestion is that the forum Everything Else and the Forgotten subforum Forum Games should pop up in New Posts!
This way the forums will (most likely) look less dead!! omg!!
This might help keep newer members as they're not seeing an activity stream on the forums suggesting this server's on life support (which it totally is).

More suggestions to come.

Last edited:

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Already called him out, but he seems to be hiding now.
Contacted staff, and they confirmed that having a meme title or 'meme dumping' as he likes to call it is allowed.

Shame that it had to go like this, an apology to Niko for his rude behavior (and mess-ups) would've been nice as well. But guess that's not going to happen.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Yeah I'm confuzzled, what are you suggesting? They've already said they'll try to improve communication (which is something I can confirm they have done in recent months); there's not much to say on the matter for now.

Reactions: BlueMoon475

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Yeah I'm confuzzled, what are you suggesting? They've already said they'll try to improve communication (which is something I can confirm they have done in recent months); there's not much to say on the matter for now.
Its about the suggestion thread titles, but there are other suggestions I'll add.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
In the last nine months, Cube's playerbase has halved.
Sentinel banned too many hackers and they moved on to our bigger competitors. Oops.

But in all seriousness, I think the major issue is the version we're using. I absolutely despise that we still support 1.9 and older versions, since it just holds us back from using new content like polar bears and those really pretty concrete blocks. I understand that a lot of people still like 1.8 (savages!) so I reckon giving more attention to our 1.8 server would be useful too. I personally really dislike the spam-clicky PvP of 1.8, but if it's what the people want, I'm not going to let my personal bias get in the way.

There has been drama in the suggestions forum recently with players suggesting things which get **** loads of support but the staff are saying no. These are my ideas which I want to put forward, any which are from other ppl's threads will be quoted, linked to and the user tagged.
I really don't think this is the reason for our numbers declining. I've already given my two cents on this issue in @skifby 's thread, so I'll pass on repeating myself here. The long and the short of it, in my opinion, is updating (or rather, un-updating in the case of .1.8) our games to the versions that players like.

Reactions: Thefty and Lilleh__

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I understand that a lot of people still like 1.8 (savages!) so I reckon giving more attention to our 1.8 server would be useful too
I've also changed my opinions on 1.8 support lately. I reckon it should be given a big expansion, perhaps give it SG and move 1.8 Duels and FFA to the 1.8 server. That should keep them happy for a while c:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
In the last nine months, Cube's playerbase has halved. Back then, there were no less than 11k online at a time, but now there's a maximum of 8k. Now, what I just said is a slight hint of exaggeration on how many players have left, but its a lot! There has been drama in the suggestions forum recently with players suggesting things which get **** loads of support but the staff are saying no. These are my ideas which I want to put forward, any which are from other ppl's threads will be quoted, linked to and the user tagged.

My first suggestion is coming from the thread did is not da wae, by @skifby , which you can read here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/dis-is-not-da-wae-fyi-meme-titles-are-allowed.203241/

This was in response to a suggestion thread by @Neeeeeeeeeeko being l0ck3d and d3ni3d bc of its title. @Quetzi responded with this:

@AnonymousVoter gave examples:

I find Q's response to by quite hypocritical, as he's basically saying if a suggestion thread isn't completely srs, then it will be denied. But the announcement threads, especially map update announcements, have puns left right and centre.

I've not seen anyone complain about this on the forums, but as it was never announced idk if its intended or just a bug. In TNT trouble when a player on your team has TNT, your screen will go black (small flashes of normal vision can happen at any moment) and all you see is the outline of that player with the TNT. Similarly in skywars when the chests refill, your screen going black and all you see is the chests' outlines just keeps flashing until the refill is complete. This is annoying and it would be nice to see it removed.

The forums are looking quite dead rn, as can be seen from the number of minutes ago some of the posts on the most recent tab at the side show. So here's a suggestion from @Earth which should make the forums look more alive, you can read the original here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-the-forums-look-less-dead.203151/

This might help keep newer members as they're not seeing an activity stream on the forums suggesting this server's on life support (which it totally is).

More suggestions to come.
I have seen more than 11k players online within a few months. I don’t think cubecraft is dying, but maybe a game or two are.
A few updates are definitely needed in order to make cubecraft evolve.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Sentinel banned too many hackers and they moved on to our bigger competitors. Oops.

But in all seriousness, I think the major issue is the version we're using. I absolutely despise that we still support 1.9 and older versions, since it just holds us back from using new content like polar bears and those really pretty concrete blocks. I understand that a lot of people still like 1.8 (savages!) so I reckon giving more attention to our 1.8 server would be useful too. I personally really dislike the spam-clicky PvP of 1.8, but if it's what the people want, I'm not going to let my personal bias get in the way.

I really don't think this is the reason for our numbers declining. I've already given my two cents on this issue in @skifby 's thread, so I'll pass on repeating myself here. The long and the short of it, in my opinion, is updating (or rather, un-updating in the case of .1.8) our games to the versions that players like.
yes please, bring 1.8 SG, arguably the best 1.8 pvp minigame of all time!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli
Alright, I have all the data for the forum statistics and curiosities thread, it took me multiple days to get it! The current program I'm using has a processing time of almost 23 hours! Had to use two computers to cut it down to 11.5 hours haha

1714578753386.png
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
I go meow
Its was a long time didn't post here
But i reach to day a special nember of
1000048598.png
msg in the forums 888
I have no idea how I just became a well known member lol. I mean- it hasn't even been 3 months, and the only thing I do is upload facts.

Thank you all so much, even though I don't deserve being a well known member :heart:
RobinDn wrote on SanCookie's profile.
🍪 When do I get my cookie?
Top Bottom