Web Rule change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Spuuuni, Jul 10, 2018.

?

?

1. Yes

74.3%
  2. No

25.7%
  1. Ronzo

Ronzo Member

Ronzo_
    Obsidian
    locked.... feelsbad

2. Sweetenerera

Sweetenerera Member

Sweetenerera
    Well yeah staff locks almost every thread

Shallidor likes this.
  3. Shallidor

Shallidor Member

Shallidor
    Especially threads with discussions.

Sweetenerera likes this.
  4. jollow250

jollow250 Member

jollow250
    Emerald
    My entire point is you are correcting the person in what my opinion is a condescending manor about something that is easily mistakable and you are doing it with no point since he has already been corrected
    Also why not use the web tag
    Think about this
    The change is to the actual web
    Since guess where the ingame rules are
    On the web
    So no even if you read the thread it doesn’t clarify which rules

If you want something changed on the web you would put it under web
    If I were to suggest removing the Eggwars part of the web I would use that under web
    Even if eggwars is in game
    Same with the rules
    The rules are in game but on the web

5. Sophie

Sophie Member

Divine_Nyx
    Diamond
    Sometimes it's nice to go under a different alias, free from the expectations that people have of your main account. One of the great freedoms of the internet is that you can be whoever you want to be, and if you dislike the person you've created for yourself on one account, starting fresh is a fitting solution. It's also an effective way to engage in multiple discussions at once, since you can post two messages a minute instead of one. Alt accounts actually make conversations somewhat bearable amidst the plentiful inconvenience that exists on this site. Restricting people to a single account is a fantastic way to hurt genuine users, without at all affecting forum trolls who are going to make second accounts anyways because they're forum trolls.

I personally use my alt account to do all of these things: If in a conversation, I use it to bypass the invasive message timer, a problem that's been ignored by management for years. I also use it to post threads that are either low-quality or are again, subject to the message cap. It's also a neat account that I use to distance my online persona from myself, where I'm not associated with the @Sophie account that a lot of people here know quite well.

And lose all former conversations, contacts, followers, posts and likes? That's a huge toll to pay for just wanting to try out a new personality.

Isn't that what Sr. Mods and alt checkers are for? Forum trolls are going to break this rule regardless, because if they've gotten to the point of causing drama on the website then they already have no regard for its rules. You're literally only hurting genuine users here.

Trolling is/was already against the rules. There's no need for alts to also be against the rules if the intent is to prevent trolling.

You are seriously killing this website. There are so many pointless and restrictive rules nowadays that it's no surprise it's a constant ghost town. It's difficult to do anything nowadays without worrying that you're breaking a newly imposed rule, and general conversations are still impossible to have because you have to wait almost a minute per reply.

When and how did this website become so devoid of fun and expression? If somebody is breaking the rules the solution is to punish them, not everybody on the platform. All this does is makes people including myself hate coming here. We want a platform to discuss Minecraft and express ourselves, not a platform pertaining to the rules of Soviet Russia. Why not improve the website to make it more enjoyable? Increase the size of our status and reply boxes perhaps, or remove the message cool-down for veteran accounts and for conversations. Host some giveaways here every now and then to bring some new faces in, and please get rid of this stupid rule that prohibits the use of alts. These changes will probably benefit the network as a whole. If your only method of hiring staff is through the forums, it's a good idea to get people to use the forums regularly, perhaps by making it feel more like a society than a prison. Why should anybody ever use this heavily restrictive website for discussion when sites like Discord exist, which radiates freedom?

6. babybazooka13

babybazooka13 Member

WHOAA ok fellow gamers listen up. we do not want to argue like fellow unepic gamers. please stop this now. gamers rise up and together we can be a united community where epicness is epic. please do not argue and be unepic. let’s all calm down #epicdadgrillfail

7. Zoonn

Zoonn Member

ImZoonn
    Obsidian
    This made me laugh

8. JustNouns

JustNouns Member

JustNouns
    I agree :)

9. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    Because while they may 'have done nothing wrong' identifying them still takes up moderator and management time. So there isn't a zero cost to allowing alts. The fact that you know using alt accounts is against the rules yet still do it doesn't do you, or anyone else that does it, any favours. Next thing you'll be complaining about how serial rule breakers are being banned....

10. Spuuuni

Spuuuni Member

Spuuuni
    Gold
    This rule is a problem. The staff team always have to check new active accounts to see if they're an alt or not. If this rule didn't exist, you wouldn't have to check each new active account. This takes up time, too

Without this rule, you would just have to check troll accounts, and not normal accounts that did nothing wrong

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018 at 2:24 PM
  11. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    No, we don't check every new account for alts, only the ones which a moderator has deemed worthy of investigating. There are no reasons why you shouldn't be posting on your main account. How do you expect to have open discussion when half the posters are afraid to express their views on their main accounts? I realise that you may not see the extra work this causes, that doesn't mean it isn't causing extra work, those alt checks would happen with or without the no alt rule.

12. HurmitCurtis

HurmitCurtis Member

so i have a question..... me and my brother both have accounts and both play on cubecraft we both dont use the forums but if he did would he be classed as an alt?

eSoldier likes this.
  13. eSoldier

eSoldier Member

ImJunior
    Iron
    PLUS
    I don't think so, I think alting isn't a big problem if you are not banned on any of your accounts.

HurmitCurtis likes this.
  14. Quetzi

Quetzi Management
    Staff Member Management

Quetzi
    Management
    PLUS
    No, he wouldn't.

HurmitCurtis likes this.
  15. Spuuuni

Spuuuni Member

Spuuuni
    Gold
    Yes it looks like it is, since they ban alts

Big Boi likes this.
  16. Spuuuni

Spuuuni Member

Spuuuni
    Gold
    Yes, there are reasons v

This is not the main reason to have an alt + it's not half the community lol

Ow, then, what's the point of this post? v

I mean, where's the issue on removing this rule? Before it existed, I never saw any problems with people creating 1000 alts or something like that, till Bram and Skif created their alts. + they created them because they were forums discorauged by YOU, the staff team

You added this rule because of some certain members. If you don't like someone, you should punish them, but you shouldn't add a rule for the whole community

17. Sophie

Sophie Member

Divine_Nyx
    Diamond
    Isn't this what Sr. Mods are for? It's one of their perks, therefore it's part of their job. Forum trolls don't care that it's against the rules, they're still going to do it. This rule only hurts genuine users who are going to hate this place because of how restricted they feel.

Next thing you'll ban everybody on the server because banning hackers takes up staff's time. When will you be banning alts in-game too? Some people's in-game alts are used for rule-breaking. Under this rule's logic, all alts should be banned because alt-checking takes up time.