• Necroposting SHOULD NOT apply to 'Everything else'

• Necroposting SHOULD apply to 'Everything else'

Results are only viewable after voting.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Currently, necroposting does not apply to games, news threads and introductions
It does apply to threads in 'Everything else', which is quite unfortunate..

Lots of threads there are pure informational such as the world record book, or my latest threads

Story even said staff wouldn't lock informational threads anyway, as there is no point
We don't lock informational threads, there's literally no point in it. If they are still being updated or are still useful then they don't get locked. You don't need to be stickied in order to stop locking. So no, it still won't be pinned at this time.

Make necroposting not apply to 'Everything else'-threads

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I think that there are certain threads in everything else that should not be touched. For example; a thread from 2016 saying “I love noteblocks!” should not be necroposted, or should not be allowed to be necroposted as the player is most likely to be inactive at the moment, and is not relevant at all. Hence why we do allow exceptions in everything else to be bumped, such as informational threads.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I think that there are certain threads in everything else that should not be touched. For example; a thread from 2016 saying “I love noteblocks!” should not be necroposted, or should not be allowed to be necroposted as the player is most likely to be inactive at the moment, and is not relevant at all. Hence why we do allow exceptions in everything else to be bumped, such as informational threads.
So, with that being said, this thread by @MJ010101 is allowed to be necroposted? And obviously some other informative threads?

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
So what you are saying is the rule may as well not be there as you'll just pick and choose when to lock and warn for necroposting anyway? There should be a clear cut rule which says exactly what you can and can't necropost on.

Reactions: Priley
D

Deleted member 100818

Or just make a special necropost tag which gives players permission to necropost. I mean, not every thread like the vanity item thread can be pinned. When making such a tag it needs to have a clear name so everyone will know its purpose.

Reactions: Priley

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I don't get this thread at all. You've said that information threads are useful and shouldn't be locked, you've then quoted something I said where I CLEARLY said that we will not lock these threads and then suggested that every thread in everything else be made unlockable. What is the point here?

Informational threads won't be locked, simple as that, not every thread in everything else is actually informational, in fact most of them are not. So I don't agree.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I don't get this thread at all. You've said that information threads are useful and shouldn't be locked, you've then quoted something I said where I CLEARLY said that we will not lock these threads and then suggested that every thread in everything else be made unlockable. What is the point here?

Informational threads won't be locked, simple as that, not every thread in everything else is actually informational, in fact most of them are not. So I don't agree.
If someone (for example) necroposts on MJ his world record book, what will happen?

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gonna play some java cubecraft
java username is "anonymousplayer9"
Xi1m wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
hbd
Xi1m wrote on dvodany's profile.
emesis blue sure is.. interesting
I came back to tell y'all that Minecraft pocket edition is now UNDER A DOLLAR (in my country) for Cubecraft's 15th birthday!
And it's like 20 dollars for pc, but still, UNDER 1 DOLLAR?
Should have bought Minecraft today- instead of like buying it 2 years ago.
Aight going offline again.
Mintypie231 wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 🍰
Top Bottom