Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Arcade has seen a significant decline lately, sometimes having a smaller player-base than it did before the update. I propose reviving it.

Donator perks - Remove them? :(
Usually I wouldn't ever suggest removing a donator perk, however Arcade feels like an exception to me. You're not voting for a different version of the usual experience, but rather you're voting, simply, for a better experience.
Shotgun and Rocket modes in Paintball are the most popular, because Machine and Regular are so slow-paced and require numerous precise shots to maybe get a kill.

Plus, Spleef and TNT Run were two of the most popular Arcade games back in the day, yet now you can't play them over and over again unless you're a donator. Entire games have literally been locked behind ranks.

Perhaps all these games could become available for Stone+ ranks to vote for, on weekends. This might actually help sales, since more players would get to experience the likes of Shotgun Paintball and TNT Run Spleef, thereby feeling inclined to buy a rank to play them all week long. I know this has never been done before, but I really think it should at least be tried once or twice. Playing one or two matches is easy, but to play all ten games required to receive the big reward at the end is near impossible nowadays.

New games - Hide and Seek, Super Craft Bros, Quakecraft
At this point, Hide and Seek might not be as necessary due to the state of Infection, but here's to hoping that Infection's camping issues are soon resolved. I would love to see Hide and Seek again, and so would many other people. It just gave you something else to do when you got sick of the usual PvP experience. Something laid-back, that didn't require too much thought to participate.

Link to thread I made on Hide and Seek:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hide-and-seek-remastered.195145/

Super Craft Bros was PvP, but unique. The double-jumping meant that it was actually fun to move around the map finding people, which is usually the most boring part of any PvP game.

Link to thread I made on Super Craft Bros:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/super-craft-bros-remastered.195135/

Quakecraft was very fast-paced and made you feel really good about yourself, but was sadly outdated and not well executed. Though despite its flaws, it still maintained a dedicated following.

Link to thread I made on Quakecraft:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/i-think-its-time-to-reinstate-quakecraft.193851/

Revival of Arcade event

I would like to call the community together to host a 'Revival of Arcade' event. For a week, players are to host competitions and self-imposed challenges on the forums, to get people to play Arcade again. During which, I will be using these spicy meatballs:
upload_2017-9-22_13-47-20.png

If possible, it would be great to get some staff backing on this idea. That way, actual rewards could be given for partaking in these competitions and self-imposed challenges.

If you're a staff member and would like to host a competition involving Arcade, please leave a comment :) Rewards could range from something small, say an Arcade multiplier or a couple of cubelets, to something bigger, such as a rank or a big stack of points.

Also, it would be neat if a new leaderboard could be added to a more obscure part of the Arcade lobby, which will be actively updated throughout this week. Once the week is over, the leaderboard will freeze and will permanently depict the top five players of the week. This further incentivises dedicated people to play, for they'll be forever commemorated for participating.

Thoughts?

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Perhaps all these games could become available for Stone+ ranks to vote for, on weekends. This might actually help sales, since more players would get to experience the likes of Shotgun Paintball and TNT Run Spleef, thereby feeling inclined to buy a rank to play them all week long.
I'm not sure how voting in arcade works currently, but would it be an option to select random options if no player voted?

Simbaaa

Dedicated Member
Jul 11, 2014
USA
I think this is a really good suggestion. And I agree that donators practically control the arcade. There are way way way too many voting options for all the current arcade games. Some of them have to be removed because it's just too much.

Reactions: A pigeon

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
hide and seek is ruined on every server.
ESP hacks can be used and there is no way to proof that people are hacking. i want to play hide and seek but 'hackers':confused1:

techguy123

Novice Member
Sep 15, 2017
Yes! The new and "improved" Arcade Games are horrible if you don't have diamond rank. This needs to be fixed.

A

A pigeon

Maybe you squids would like a ranked competitive paintball mode?

101volt

Sep 26, 2016
Not agreed, you pay sometimes alot of money for your rank, but on the other way, i feel you.

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I would have to give you a 2/3 Just for the reason of I agree with 2 of your additions/changes, I personally think that removing the donor perk system should not be a thing in arcade, I know there are some people that might have bought ranks for just the donor perks, But I agree with your other 2 suggestions and I hope they get added as in my opinion it will help a lot. Also please keep in mind the time you play, For example, I have noticed that it is very active at 9 am in the morning GMT +2 time. Goodluck on your suggestion and Have a wonderful day :)

101volt

Sep 26, 2016
I would have to give you a 2/3 Just for the reason of I agree with 2 of your additions/changes, I personally think that removing the donor perk system should not be a thing in arcade, I know there are some people that might have bought ranks for just the donor perks, But I agree with your other 2 suggestions and I hope they get added as in my opinion it will help a lot. Also please keep in mind the time you play, For example, I have noticed that it is very active at 9 am in the morning GMT +2 time. Goodluck on your suggestion and Have a wonderful day :)
I'm agreeing with you, good comment!, You have a nice day aswell ;)

Reactions: Jackxist
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Top Bottom