Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zidkon

Feb 11, 2017
It's been around my head for a while, so, why there are no respawn times?

Most of the mini-game/arena type games has it.

The games just get too long because you cannot break their egg, either there should be respawn times or on a normal game there should be a very good diamond pickaxe (expensive of course) that can break the obsidian in 2 seconds.

MonsterStorm_

Jan 28, 2017
@Zidkon, if you play the game well, you could rush most teams before they get obby onto the egg. if that doesnt really work for you, u can get 5 gold and buy a pick and then kill everyone on the island, then encase yourself and get the egg that way

For example, on toys, i just get armour, sword, pickaxe and blocks and then just rush the team next to me, they usually arent ready and i get the egg and kill them both, i just keep doing that until i win the game. For me it works 90% of the time

Nedyar10

Jun 8, 2016
Philippines
I don't think there should be respawn times. Most rushers already take into consideration respawns anyway. Like it or not, constantly respawning and trying to kill or hit the player off is a legitimate strategy. I'm sure we've all done this once. Like @MonsterStorm_ has said, you have to rush fast to catch them off guard and that you would want a diamond pick before rushing an island with obsidian. If the game is past 8-10 min or if 3 min on OP mode, you have to assume that most teams already have their egg covered with obsidian (unless you can see that they don't). Its not hard to get 10 gold once you start eliminating teams. Also one strategy I see players use (I personally use this too) is using obsidian to encase yourself on when mining. Usually I would have a teammate attempt to kill the players while I encase myself but doing it alone would work too.

I guess by not having a respawn time, the lives of players are given less value, and that the egg is given more value. All-in-all, I do understand your stand on the situation but I believe most players would disagree and would prefer respawn time to remain unchanged. A better pickaxe would be a nice implementation though. Maybe 25-30 diamonds though I think it takes away the "Normal" in Eggwars Normal.

Reactions: MonsterStorm_

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
It's been around my head for a while, so, why there are no respawn times?

Most of the mini-game/arena type games has it.

The games just get too long because you cannot break their egg, either there should be respawn times or on a normal game there should be a very good diamond pickaxe (expensive of course) that can break the obsidian in 2 seconds.
Not to mention, respawn times will just be really annoying lol. Also that ruins the point of eggwars, you respawn to protect your egg but if you have a respawn time then by the time you respawn your egg will be broken and you won't be able to do anything.

MonsterStorm_

Jan 28, 2017
I don't think there should be respawn times. Most rushers already take into consideration respawns anyway. Like it or not, constantly respawning and trying to kill or hit the player off is a legitimate strategy. I'm sure we've all done this once. Like @MonsterStorm_ has said, you have to rush fast to catch them off guard and that you would want a diamond pick before rushing an island with obsidian. If the game is past 8-10 min or if 3 min on OP mode, you have to assume that most teams already have their egg covered with obsidian (unless you can see that they don't). Its not hard to get 10 gold once you start eliminating teams. Also one strategy I see players use (I personally use this too) is using obsidian to encase yourself on when mining. Usually I would have a teammate attempt to kill the players while I encase myself but doing it alone would work too.

I guess by not having a respawn time, the lives of players are given less value, and that the egg is given more value. All-in-all, I do understand your stand on the situation but I believe most players would disagree and would prefer respawn time to remain unchanged. A better pickaxe would be a nice implementation though. Maybe 25-30 diamonds though I think it takes away the "Normal" in Eggwars Normal.
I agree with that, and when I'm rushing teams, they are never ready for it and I get there egg 90% of the time unless there is a hacker in the game, since most players just stay on their gens and don't often get armour straight away. Another good thing about rushing is the other team won't be able to get obby in time, since by the time they get the obby, their egg is broken already. Most times when rushing, you should go with a friend, since they would know what to do, instead of going with a random.

Overall you had good points and I agree with it. So having a respawn time isn't good, since people could get ur egg in that time and then you get eliminated. I would say most people would hate it.

Professor_Pork

Aug 15, 2016
This would ruin EggWars, and we could not get the eggs, it would be way to hard and you would have to do something like incasing yourself with obi.

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
This would ruin EggWars, and we could not get the eggs, it would be way to hard and you would have to do something like incasing yourself with obi.
you must not have read this very well

hes saying ADD a respawn time there is no respawn time and you already have to either sneak on the island unnoticed or have a good pick or incase yourself in with the egg

Zidkon

Feb 11, 2017
@Zidkon, if you play the game well, you could rush most teams before they get obby onto the egg. if that doesnt really work for you, u can get 5 gold and buy a pick and then kill everyone on the island, then encase yourself and get the egg that way

For example, on toys, i just get armour, sword, pickaxe and blocks and then just rush the team next to me, they usually arent ready and i get the egg and kill them both, i just keep doing that until i win the game. For me it works 90% of the time

I win 90% of the times, but there are some maps that it is impossible to rush, for example candy. Anyways you cannot rush all the teams, and you expect other teams or your own team to rush too, but sometimes they don't

I'm talking about a late game, you cannot go solo kill 1 team full of noobs because you already need your own team full of noobs. Encase yourself is impossible vs 4 people constantly hitting you with their hands, and they putting themselves on the spots you want to put the blocks...

I'm not sure about your reasons of "protecting egg", but arena games, even the ones you have to protect something, has a respawn time for when you kill someone or you get killed. Is about 5 seconds before they spawn again because is your prize for being able to kill them.

Take an example of League of Legends, the respawn time get increased while the game time passes, and you have to protect your towers and stuff. The respawn time works because either the game would be too long...

Well I guess this kind of be only my opinion, and this won't be changed anyways since is so much of a pain for the people who actually doesn't know how to play... I think I will keep rushing and expecting luck that other teams get rushed too except mine.

Thanks all for your responses.

MonsterStorm_

Jan 28, 2017
I win 90% of the times, but there are some maps that it is impossible to rush, for example candy. Anyways you cannot rush all the teams, and you expect other teams or your own team to rush too, but sometimes they don't

I'm talking about a late game, you cannot go solo kill 1 team full of noobs because you already need your own team full of noobs. Encase yourself is impossible vs 4 people constantly hitting you with their hands, and they putting themselves on the spots you want to put the blocks..
i just play the maps i can rush on, candy isnt the best map anyway. ive beat 3 full dia gets late in a game and then had to get the egg, if u are fast enough, you will be able to encase yourself.

Zidkon

Feb 11, 2017
i just play the maps i can rush on, candy isnt the best map anyway. ive beat 3 full dia gets late in a game and then had to get the egg, if u are fast enough, you will be able to encase yourself.

Not with those lags server has had latetly :p

Pokecrafter64

Feb 7, 2017
Most of the time, I need a full casing of obby around myself to rush a sub decent team with obby beacuse they can instantly respawn with invincibility and knock me off the egg or block me by standing in front of me. You can't just use sandstone because a stone pick costs 10 iron in normal and then they can walk right in and block you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Skylanders! I remember that I bought this pack (not my picture.) For Skylanders Super Chargers I recall that I played the game with my parents and little sister it was a blast and I enjoyed every second of it. We bought more of them and collected even more of them. Replayed the game many times and the levels. Good memories xD
Screenbits 2024-04-29_205054.png
qKhalidd wrote on Mivke's profile.
happy birthday!
Eli
Did anyone else play Skylanders? I recently got it to work on my PC with a PS3 emulator and it's more fun than I remembered!!
Eli wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
Eli wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom