Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you like to see a return of the previous Tower Defence mode?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronniewhy

Sep 15, 2016
Canada

I believe a “Classic Mode” should still be available to Tower Defence players along with the new overhauled version.​

The “Classic Mode” of Tower Defence was balanced unlike this update and though it isn’t necessarily new, I believe it will still be successful, as many players seek a return of the classic gameplay. Classic Tower Defence is entirely different than the new mode of Tower Defence and I sadly cannot find myself liking this update. I’ve been playing Tower Defence since it’s debut on the server that merged with Cubecraft and I’ve never seen a change this drastic. I believe the new update has some features that are great, however, I believe that many other features were unnecessary and uncalled for. Tower Defence was my favourite game and I hate to say it, but it isn’t anymore.

I believe the game can still host voting options but the main difference is that in classic mode, the towers will not have paths and mobs will not have upgrades, along with AoE potion cooldowns and goldmine upgrades being the way that they were before. I believe the compromise that many players must deal with in order to reintroduce this mode is that all of the towers would have to be available for all in classic.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
I fully agree with this idea. I feel that it was a lot of change to Tower Defence at once and there should still be an option for those that prefer the old gameplay. There are a lot of players that would love to have this classic version return and I feel it is important for the community to still have games they love and not have major changes to them all at once. I did not personally play a lot of Tower Defence, but when I did I found I loved the old version and just looking over the new versions explanation I get slightly confused on how it all works. That being said, I am not trying to speak poorly against the people that created the update as it is a creative revamp for the game and well done, but I just feel that there should be the option for someone to play the older version. This would be kinda like having Eggwars and Speed Eggwars, but with Tower Defence. Anyways, long story short, I love this idea and hope it is considered by the staff to be added.

11Ls

Sep 5, 2016
- Reaching 3 million coins. (and more)
- Just a few fully leveled turrets being able to shred a full wave of blazes.
- 100/200 coins per second before armageddon - only sending zombies.
- Tower-trollers placing archers in deliberate spots (only upgradable to level 2 due to upgrade lock) with no way to be kicked.

These are all possible due to this update. :eek:
Quote from the full change-log:
"Severe changes to tower prices, tower abilities, troop prices, troop kill rewards, troop health, etc. Pretty much everything was changed to some degree. In the hope to balance it all"
giphy.gif

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Simply said: I know everyone hates large changes, and TD probably had the biggest change ever with SG coming second in my opinion.
Lots of people that love Tower Defence love it the way it was, and this probably felt like the whole game being replaced by something more "all over the place". I'm not a big fan of TD at all, but I can definitely see why people would want the good ol' TD back the way it used to be.
I'm definitely supporting this option, primarily because it's an option. One doesn't need to play this, and the update is still available for others.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
I fully agree, I miss the old TD and so many people spent so much time learning and strategizing just to have everything thrown out the window.
I am beyond happy that TD Got it's well deserved update but it was way to much way to fast and it's so awful to see so much time and effort just thrown away in the matter of seconds, Like Ronnielei said Tower Defence was my favorite game but it breaks my heart to say it isn't anymore.
Devs please consider this idea of bringing in a new mode like this one.

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
This is a great compromise that will end the current conflict and arguing between other players. I've also played Tower Defence since it first came out and is basically the only minecraft game I play. I've watched the changes sneak in one by one. This update, however, was something no one could see coming. I see this update as a completely new game. All of my old knowledge and strategies were completely diminished. Towers were changed, maps were lost, mobs are unfamiliar. I still gave the update a chance and it is true that after playing more and more I started getting the hang of it, but I would still much rather play the old version and I would trade the new for the old within a heart beat. Many friendships and memories were formed from this game and I am not willing to see it slip away so easily. It's sad that even after three days, the old game already seems to be forgotten as new players stroll in.
Please vote yes to make all players happy.
2017-07-17_23.13.16.png

Last edited:

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
So far I've seen overwhelming support for this mode, on both this thread, and the other one that's been posted. I'm wondering how long it will be before staff looks at this and realizes that there's so many players that want the classic mode back. Hopefully, the staff members that do look at this thread will take it seriously enough. I think I speak for many of us when I say that we'd appreciate it immensely if classic returned to us.

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
For years Tower Defence was one of the games where you must think first before you put your move. It's a strategy game like chess. After a couple of rounds playing this game you know most of the rules and if you found your "Tower Defence Pro Team" you can go conquer castle after castle. Tower Defence is in my opinion a perfect mix between pvp and strategy. That's why people love Tower Defence so much. Don't get me wrong I love the new update, but you must understand that people who've played this year after year that those people maybe are feeling a bit deserted by Cubecraft.

I hope Cubecraft is thinking about adding the old classic Tower Defence alongside with the new updated one. We all want more players playing this wonderful game, right? Sure new players discover the new Tower Defence, but we must not lose the older players. I fully agree with this idea so we can make everybody happy.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't play much tower defense, so it's easy for me to say. But I think that it would be better for cubecraft to listen to feedback and make the current version of the game more fun and balanced than to add an old version back. It's similar to adding a simulatino of the 1.8 combat back, It splits up the player base, some players get no updates at all, not even the not game-changing ones and other players can't benefit from their feedback that could make the new game more enjoyable.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I don't play much tower defense, so it's easy for me to say. But I think that it would be better for cubecraft to listen to feedback and make the current version of the game more fun and balanced than to add an old version back. It's similar to adding a simulatino of the 1.8 combat back, It splits up the player base, some players get no updates at all, not even the not game-changing ones and other players can't benefit from their feedback that could make the new game more enjoyable.
What you've stated makes sense, and I do agree with your points. With that being said, the update was a total change to the game, to the point where many say that it's a new game. I feel that the game should've been introduced as an entirely different game separate from the game that we had before, as every single mob and tower has had their stats changed. The update feels almost like a lost hope to many of the veteran players that liked the game too. Feedback is great for fixing a game, but the emphasis on so many good concepts like true proper tower placement and such has really diminished. There's also the new goldmine system that makes game-play either feel like a complete stalemate, or a fast-paced game just because the other team failed to stop a horde of zombies. Not to mention the slow but steady increase of the number of players that think the turret tower is a one-size-fits-all tower meant to kill everything. The way many of us see it, the game before the update's so off-balance compared to the way that the game was before the update, that it's just not something the serious players want to be bothered with. I'm sure there's some doubt going across your mind, but just looking at the level of support, I think you can really see that this is the case for the game.

Thanks for reading, I'm ymbmg95 in-game.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
I am re writing my post due to the fact i am in tower lobby now. so ill give my proper thoughts on this update. When i first played the game i played 3 games it give me a headache. I mean talk about stressful!! i was thinking WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO OUR GAME :( i hadn't been on in a while so it came as a shock and i didn't know what on earth i was doing or what the game was doing i felt it was total madness! The reason i have not been on in a while is because i was getting bored, bored of early mite rushes etc.... so an update was welcomed but this update was not what i had in mind, i was expecting the Tiki Tower for starters??? i am most annoyed that the VOTE KICK has been removed!!!! i mean really?? its a nightmare trying to play a game if one of the players messes about.
To win in this new game all you need is a obs rank and click pricing then in game send chain zombies the game finishes in seconds its a sure win if u are against new players etc so its flawed. The speed pot they may as well remove it from this new update because it is useless! it felt like 3 hours in between drops i managed to rush the blaze but only because nothing was placed really! The more i am playing it the more i am starting to get the hang of it! .
I like that if the game ties both win! that should of always been included.The different paths on the towers idea i also like. i also like the new maps and the way some split. i also like that mobs drop exp coins etc... i do not like what they have done to the mobs :( i do like the zombie and giant upgrade only because they look cool. the upgrade i feel is to much. i feel that if it wasn't for the speed pot issues and the mob changes it would be a winner.if this game is staying i would like the old tower defense one added.I am quiet gutted they have changed it as much as they have.

Last edited:

udontknow

Aug 27, 2016
the more i play it the more i like this new mode! i was getting bored doing the same old thing for over a year, i do think both options should be available, by the way this new mode does not need a lot of skill to win but i like the idea of it, my opinion is that id rather the old version

At first I read that the new mode DOES need a lot of skill to win, and I was like ??????? Till I re-read it.
I'm in favor of the addition of classic mode as well, this new update, while they tried to improve the game, Is really lacking. Not lacking content, lacking functionality as a game.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
So five out of the seven of the leader-board players have voted yes on this thread, and the other two don't have a forums account to my knowledge... surely that has to be convincing. I just read the guide that someone made for the game post-update, and I'm not surprised that someone decided to write it. Thankfully, it describes what every long-term player's thoughts are on the new path one turret towers.

Last edited:

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
The new update is great but I feel as though they didn't playtest it. At all. Zombies scale too well, making a mage as a first tower a requirement or you lose. Inferno potions are EXTREMELY cheap for how good they are (if you throw it at 12 LV 5 zombies you MAKE money), Turret towers are all kinds of broken, and some of the upgrade paths on towers are worthless (ex poison harm path, zeus/turret bounce, artillery in general). Meanwhile, expensive mobs require WAY too much XP to upgrade, making them worthless, especially when combined with the fact that the enemy can probably shred through any beefy mobs with turrets. Another problem is that lots of players don't have access to upgrades that make their towers useful, which makes it even harder to get new players.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
The new update is great but I feel as though they didn't playtest it. At all. Zombies scale too well, making a mage as a first tower a requirement or you lose. Inferno potions are EXTREMELY cheap for how good they are (if you throw it at 12 LV 5 zombies you MAKE money), Turret towers are all kinds of broken, and some of the upgrade paths on towers are worthless (ex poison harm path, zeus/turret bounce, artillery in general). Meanwhile, expensive mobs require WAY too much XP to upgrade, making them worthless, especially when combined with the fact that the enemy can probably shred through any beefy mobs with turrets. Another problem is that lots of players don't have access to upgrades that make their towers useful, which makes it even harder to get new players.
You also can't choose which path you want to upgrade if it's someone else's tower. So for instance, if you placed a tower, but didn't know how to upgrade it, no one else could upgrade it to a useful level for you. There's also the fact that votekicking griefing players is no longer something that any team can do, whether it's a legitimate reason or not. A group of friends wouldn't have to worry about teaming with griefing players if there were maps with smaller team sizes. Again, if I'm with three other friends and it's a 4v4 map, then only my friends and I will get on a team and the entire trouble of needing to votekick any griefing players suddenly diminishes as a consequence of having no room for them on the team.

No matter how you spin it, this update is full of issues, and the players that can see that have to suffer with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Top Bottom