Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello!
So you may or may not be aware that there is a report button, infact its below this post, go now and click it, dont press enter.

You should see this:
Screenshot_20210216-153711_Chrome.jpg

I mean ok I'll report it for, umm, breaking the rules?

I suggest instead of this small tab, a list of the rules appear and you can select a box next to the rule for example i made this ( I know some of the rules wouldn't work in this scenario)

Report content
Choose option

□3.1 - Swearing, Bullying and Harassing
□3.2 - Threatening
□3.3 - Spamming
□3.4 - Impersonation
□3.5 - Scamming / Phishing
□3.6 - Advertising / Sharing videos recorded on or promoting other servers
□3.7 - Doxxing
□3.8 - Necroposting
□3.9 - Asking for confidential staff-only information
□3.10 - Petition threads
□3.11 - Repeating active threads
□3.12 - Like and message farming
□3.13 - Pointless threads/posts and controversial discussions.
□3.14 - Excessive bumping
□3.15 - Multiaccounting
□3.16 - Inappropriate signatures, usernames and profile pictures.
□ other (please type why)

Also I belive that the person who reported the message should some kind of notification saying 'user has been punished accordingly" or "user has followed the rules appropriately"
Or if you want it to be discrete then something like this:
"this report was looked at and dealt with appropriately"

Just so I get some clarification to see if I've done good or not.

Thanks for reading.

D

Deleted member 469419

Idk if XenForo allows this, however this would be a nice feature to add. +1

Reactions: Conea64
D

Deleted member 469419

Well we know the check boxes already exist as polls work similar to this.
Yup, that's right. Now we hope it works with a report addon! But I'm quite sure there must be one out there on internet.

Edit: Nice suggestion once again! (:

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the suggestion, but isn’t staff-help much easier?
Yes but look what happened with bedrock and java reports via discord?
They got closed down because there were too many people reporting, i feel its better to be prepared for a sudden influx in the amount of forums accounts now that bedrock automated chat is advertising the forums.

Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes but look what happened with bedrock and java reports via discord?
They got closed down because there were too many people reporting, i feel its better to be prepared for a sudden influx in the amount of forums accounts now that bedrock automated chat is advertising the forums.
I never had any problem with reporting forum stuff in staff-help and I feel like reporting on the forums would get less clear.

I don’t see the problem.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think this would be a great change. not everyone uses discord, and i've noticed staff-help gets overlooked quite easily by staff at times. because of this threads that have been necroposted wont get closed sadly :( +1 from me

99th_DutchScary

99th_DutchMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
PatatsLand
Yeah, I agree with this idea! Would be much better. Please also add: □3.17 I am in this picture and I don't like it.
Just a joke, don't add it, it will be abused, by me.

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
I actually do agree with this!

There are a lot of people that would need to report them. However someone can report a person for a rule that does not exist.

For example, I did see a post where a person made a video that was spawn trapping a person and they considered it “funny”. However I do not know if it is offending for that person because he may have a forum account, but when I hit “report” I though it was going to give me a form for reporting, but really it was just a text field asking me a for a reason. So for a second thinking about what to put while eating lunch. I still did not know so I just put something simple.

So it may be confusing just seeing a text field to report.
I think that we should do a form for reporting a forum post that goes like this.
  1. Multi-selectable question with the answers of @ShinyConea64’s answer choices suggested above. (Required)
  2. Paragraph question for any comments. (Optional)

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I never had any problem with reporting forum stuff in staff-help and I feel like reporting on the forums would get less clear.

I don’t see the problem.
After reading ReMD0Gs suggestion i realised something randomly, if you live in the Netherlands you have to be 16 to use discord, correct?
So people who are 13-15 on the forums wouldn't be allowed to report via staff help.

Reactions: Matriox and ReMD0G

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
After reading ReMD0Gs suggestion i realised something randomly, if you live in the Netherlands you have to be 16 to use discord, correct?
So people who are 13-15 on the forums wouldn't be allowed to report via staff help.
i think you are allowed, but your parents have to be okey with it

edit: i just checked and you're right actually
"Discord's Terms of Service requires people to be over a minimum age to access our app or website, so we are introducing a system to verify that users satisfy that minimum age requirement. We do this to keep our users safe and ensure they don't encounter material that's not appropriate for them."
https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040724612 here you can find all the information about every country :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom