Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

migueMV

Feb 5, 2019
Spain
To give more importance to the obsidian rank, it would be good if they added the / report to the obsidian rank. This rank is quite expensive and has very few advantages if you compare it with the Emerald. So more people would buy this rank and it would be better. Thanks

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I think that one of the reasons that /report isn't a command for everyone is because it was being heavily abused in the past. That's why they first removed the command and now they added it back to the Plus rank which is just fine. I don't think the command is being heavily abused now as you are paying money for it (the Plus rank).

Dohaa

Nov 27, 2016
I'm no trying to sound rude when I say this, as a PLUS user I barley have any reports answered by the /report feature, that's not to say staff are lazy or aren't doing their jobs, it's that the team is very small, for a server of it's size therefore making this command not really useful, now imagine making it so more players have access to it, not only will PLUS lose its value, but the staff will be overwhelmed.

Alpalish

Aug 8, 2018
Yes. If someone buys obsidian rank it means they care about this server and they wouldnt use this command for random things. they have to be allowed to use this command

coralines

Novice Member
Dec 20, 2018
There is no way a team of 10-15 people can keep up with that many reports. I don’t know what the overall /report performance is at the moment, but from personal experience on other servers, you have to have a decently big-sized staff team to be able to expand /report to more players, or else the command becomes close to useless.
Just report on the forums, that’s probably your best shot.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes. If someone buys obsidian rank it means they care about this server and they wouldnt use this command for random things. they have to be allowed to use this command

That is extremely incorrect. Just because you buy rank does not mean you care. People always have and always will abuse all sorts of commands and this would be no exception. Lots of people are obsidian rank and they would have the ability to report anyone for any reason they give and waste staff time when they could be doing other things it's not practical. Considering we have more DESIGNERS than mods, I'd say they would not have time to scrolling threw /reports to find maybe 1 out 10 being actually real. Below are much better responses than I can make.

Response from zDutchie:
"Going to lock this thread since this command will most likely not come back due to the abuse that has happened when it still was a thing."

Response from AnimalTamer:
"I am sorry, but I am still against this idea. Having a rank does not make someone more mature or less likely to abuse a command. Regardless of who has control over the command, asides from staff, it would be abused. So I agree with @iCheeetah on this because it would still be abused. Sorry, but it is a no from me."

Response from Gainfullterror:
"Entrusting it to ranks alone won't stop them from using it in the wrong situation.
If this were implemented, players wouldn't necessarily get it wrong on purpose since they'd genuinely be convinced that someone's hacking. This means that the staff are basically wasting their time since said player isn't hacking despite the rank strongly believing so.
Aside from that, there's also the occasional player that would do it for attention.

A rank exclusive report command would probably not even work out due to the sheer amount of ranks playing at one time. The staff team is too small to handle everything quick enough & get to everyone's report. It just wouldn't work out.

I much prefer /report causing a link to appear in chat that links to the "How to use the new reporting system" tutorial thread. It's much more helpful & efficient to be" honest.

To give more importance to the obsidian rank, it would be good if they added the / report to the obsidian rank. This rank is quite expensive and has very few advantages if you compare it with the Emerald. So more people would buy this rank and it would be better. Thanks

What I said above practically sums up my opinion, but I'd rather see better perks like vanity or quality of life updates then something that is not only wasting developers time, but also wasting moderators time trying to determine a fake report from a real one.

Reactions: coralines and Keanu

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Personally, I can just PM or /fmsg an online mod to get them to ban a hacker in my game, though regardless I think features should get added instead of shifting them between ranks

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018

ImLuctor

Aug 31, 2016
Belgium Oost-Vlaanderen
I would like that, if they dont do this its better than not even plus has this abbility.(I dont have diamond rank and still i find it a good idea so.) I understand that some players would play with it but than make it with a countdown for like 1hour and if they report to manny innocent people that the command will be temperary disabled for them for a couple days or weeks. (Sorry for my bad english.)

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
We have no plans to expand /report to other ranks at this time. The ideal situation is that we get Sentinel into a state where there are very few players that actually need reporting. It's only because of the large changes currently in progress that we are seeing more cheaters slipping through the net, we hope to resolve that soon.

GalacticAC

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2018
getting report command lock behind the paywall is generally, bad.
That being said, to prevent abuse, staff will only pay attention when multiple reports of same person is received. (Maybe plus user can have higher priority when submitting reports)

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
getting report command lock behind the paywall is generally, bad.
That being said, to prevent abuse, staff will only pay attention when multiple reports of same person is received. (Maybe plus user can have higher priority when submitting reports)

Not the best idea to be honest. If a player gets reported multiple times, chances are they're cheating, but that isn't always the case.There are players out there who'll follow the mob mentality that an innocent player is cheating, either because they're salty, misinformed, or simply listening to what their friends tell them to do. It wouldn't be ideal for us to check just about every other player of that. However while this argument can also be applied to the current system, there is still some measure of control we have; due to the small amount of players who currently have access to /report.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom