Status
Not open for further replies.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
The command won't work, but I get what you mean.
What if you can make reports public again but disable for normal members to reply, However can only reply if they have evidence against the reported user.
I wasn't completely clear with this I guess :)
I was thinking about this as a new system under the section player reports which will still be private.
Staff members can order threads based on player names due to a new template.

Maybe a template like this:
- IGN hacker
- Offense
* hacking/teaming
Different space for the type of hacks
* chat offense/imitating (anything chat related)
- YouTube links can only be posted when you click on "hacker/teamers"
- screenshots can only be posted when it's about chat related items

No idea if it's possible but it would make things easier since you can order player reports on name/date/type of offense

Reactions: DragonQuaffle
N

Nikboo

I was thinking about this as a new system under the section player reports which will still be private.

- IGN hacker
- Offense
* hacking/teaming

No idea if it's possible but it would make things easier since you can order player reports on name/date/type of offense

^^
That would be extremely useful for players and staff members to go through reports.

samitannir

Dedicated Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhere

- IGN hacker
- Offense
* hacking/teaming

Great Idea! +1
The server has great developers, Can't they work on this?

DragonQuaffle

Aug 22, 2016
Ok, I understand the idea now! I like it but how would staff members see the appeal. I mean, they wouldn't just type in a random name and see if he has a report on him?
Hm... well I dont know their system now, but what about a list? The people with the most reports is on top etc. and staff members go down the list?

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Hm... well I dont know their system now, but what about a list? The people with the most reports is on top etc. and staff members go down the list?
That wouldn't be fair to players who just started reporting players. Everyone should have a fair chance of being picked first when it comes to dealing with reports :)

Reactions: Nikboo
N

Nikboo

Currently the report system is a long list of reports which haven't been dealt with. Once reports are dealt with, they are moved to the reports archive.

That wouldn't be fair to players who just started reporting players. Everyone should have a fair chance of being picked first when it comes to dealing with reports :)

^^

DragonQuaffle

Aug 22, 2016
I meant a list of hackes, so all people would be helpful because 1 hacker would get multiple reports :)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Good idea, I actually have started writing a small report thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be included in the forum in my opinion. I thought of this system:

If you are logged in to the forum in the top menu you see a link (similar to the store link) that sends you to an external web form.
In the web form you type the name of the player, select the report reason from a drop down menu and provide evidence and additional information.
The web form is automatically validated, so for example if you report teamers but only provide screeshots you get an error.
If multiple reports are made for the same player, they are merged so mods only see them together.
Helpers have a function to request the oldest report that is not flagged as valid to review it. They can either deny it or flag it as valid.
Mods have a function to request the oldest report that is flagged as valid (ot the oldest report if no report is flagged as valid) and can either deny or accept it.
If a mod accepts a report, the player is automatically punished according to the report reason (mods can override the punishment manually).

DragonQuaffle

Aug 22, 2016
Good idea, I actually have started writing a small report thing. It doesn't necessarily have to be included in the forum in my opinion. I thought of this system:

If you are logged in to the forum in the top menu you see a link (similar to the store link) that sends you to an external web form.
In the web form you type the name of the player, select the report reason from a drop down menu and provide evidence and additional information.
The web form is automatically validated, so for example if you report teamers but only provide screeshots you get an error.
If multiple reports are made for the same player, they are merged so mods only see them together.
Helpers have a function to request the oldest report that is not flagged as valid to review it. They can either deny it or flag it as valid.
Mods have a function to request the oldest report that is flagged as valid (ot the oldest report if no report is flagged as valid) and can either deny or accept it.
If a mod accepts a report, the player is automatically punished according to the report reason (mods can override the punishment manually).
YES! something like this!

iProsecute

Sep 11, 2016

I have got to say, that is a very interesting idea you have there. Sounds like it could work pretty well! :D

SrKlompenstein

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2015
Veluwe

- IGN hacker
- Offense
* hacking/teaming

I've a question:
If someone instead of a YouTube video has a downloadable file, it's not accepted? :)

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Not only dubble reports are a problem right now, I've the feeling that reports aren't being replied at all. The past few weeks, I reported 30 people or so and 1 report has been replied, I had to ask staff to check the other ones. I disagreed with the new report section from the moment it was released, but we can't do anything about it. We used to be able to search reports and add video evidence to them. Apparently staff was getting annoyed by people that were abusing it. so they changed the report a player section to private.

iProsecute

Sep 11, 2016
Not only dubble reports are a problem right now, I've the feeling that reports aren't being replied at all. The past few weeks, I reported 30 people or so and 1 report has been replied, I had to ask staff to check the other ones. I disagreed with the new report section from the moment it was released, but we can't do anything about it. We used to be able to search reports and add video evidence to them. Apparently staff was getting annoyed by people that were abusing it. so they changed the report a player section to private.

When you are staff, speaking from experience, when you go to look at a player report....They are reported to staff and staff specifically. Normal players being able to view it I wouldn't have a problem with, but if people reply it does tend to become annoying sometimes. The staff members should be the only ones able to reply to player reports and in this case, they are. There is no reason a member of the staff team should see players responses on something that wasn't reported to them directly. The reporting system may be a little bit slow at the moment, but sometimes you have to lose some to gain more....

iProsecute

Sep 11, 2016
I've a question:
If someone instead of a YouTube video has a downloadable file, it's not accepted? :)

Well, on the Reporting Guidelines post, it doesn't specifically say that a YouTube link is needed. But, it does say this: http://prntscr.com/cixf3q
It says "Post YouTube link here" which could infer that they want a YouTube link, but I don't see why a downloadable file is not allowed. I guess you could always use something along the lines of vid.me or something, but I'm not entirely sure.

Reactions: SrKlompenstein

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
Not to be a hater but there is always a problem with something and yours has a flaw... Abuse. If you have any questions PM Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom