Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk
When the server used to have a /report command, it was heavily abused and far too many false reports were created. (I believe HackersDontWin suggested adding in a reports site link every time you used the command)
Ip-bans would mess up entire families, since brothers and sisters play on the same account as the ip that got banned and that they won't be able to play on the server just because one account got ip-banned from the server.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
/report used to exist, but it was removed due to the amount of times it was used in cases where the player in question wasn't actually cheating. Re-implementing it would cause the same problem to exist, whether we make it exclusively for players or for everyone. Aside from that, it'd also be a lot more work for staff to see whether someone is cheating in-game than it is when they are handling a report. From what I've heard, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes tops to handle a report, while watching someone to see whether they cheat is a much lengthier process. /report isn't efficient, so I advise you just stick to reporting. (More info regarding that can be found here)
As for adding a good anticheat: Sentinel is basically being maintained every day, constantly being improved and tweaked to fit our standards. From what I've personally experienced, Sentinel works pretty well and only occasionally misses out on banning a cheater.
As for the IP ban part: Cube doesn't do IP bans because of people potentially sharing IP's without actually being associated with one another. IP's can be shared if you're using a public internet source, meaning that someone on that same source could get banned for cheating later down the line and cause you and countless others to be affected by the ip-ban. Some places even share IP's throughout entire neighborhoods, meaning dozens of people can be affected by it without even knowing the actual cheater or having any association with them.

D

Deleted member 352903

I think he's suggestion to notify Sentinel when /report-ing, not staff members. If so, I agree. The ammount of hackers won't decrease, but the ammount of false bans will do so.
If someone says "spuuni ur hacking have a happy ban i /reported u" but I'm not hacking, then I'll simply not get banned
With a /report command notifying Sentinel, the chances of getting false banned will decrease
Before telling me "only 1% of Sentinel bans are false", this means over 10,000 players have been false banned :v

Reactions: Lilleh__

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I think he's suggestion to notify Sentinel when /report-ing, not staff members. If so, I agree. The ammount of hackers won't decrease, but the ammount of false bans will do so.
If someone says "spuuni ur hacking have a happy ban i /reported u" but I'm not hacking, then I'll simply not get banned
With a /report command notifying Sentinel, the chances of getting false banned will decrease
Before telling me "only 1% of Sentinel bans are false", let me tell you this means over 10,000 players have been false banned
I'm not sure how that would make a difference, seeing as Sentinel is built to watch every player every second they're playing for. It's not like it would benefit from a priority system, nor would it be helpful if Sentinel only acted when players issue a /report command. It'd be at the cost of either the convenience for the victim or efficiency in either one of these cases.

Shodzen

Novice Member
May 28, 2017
/report used to exist, but it was removed due to the amount of times it was used in cases where the player in question wasn't actually cheating. Re-implementing it would cause the same problem to exist, whether we make it exclusively for players or for everyone. Aside from that, it'd also be a lot more work for staff to see whether someone is cheating in-game than it is when they are handling a report. From what I've heard, it takes about 2 to 3 minutes tops to handle a report, while watching someone to see whether they cheat is a much lengthier process. /report isn't efficient, so I advise you just stick to reporting. (More info regarding that can be found here)
As for adding a good anticheat: Sentinel is basically being maintained every day, constantly being improved and tweaked to fit our standards. From what I've personally experienced, Sentinel works pretty well and only occasionally misses out on banning a cheater.
As for the IP ban part: Cube doesn't do IP bans because of people potentially sharing IP's without actually being associated with one another. IP's can be shared if you're using a public internet source, meaning that someone on that same source could get banned for cheating later down the line and cause you and countless others to be affected by the ip-ban. Some places even share IP's throughout entire neighborhoods, meaning dozens of people can be affected by it without even knowing the actual cheater or having any association with them.

But imagine someone report a hacker, and that hacker gets banned and he keeps on coming with more accounts and still hacking (It happened in FFA, a user that used to hack and was reported by me got banned in a lot of accounts for the same reason).
If that happens, this player should be IP-banned as he/she is abussing of alts and avoiding the bans. But as you don't IP-Ban, he knows he can keep on hacking with as many accounts as he want to til he gets fed up of getting banned, so we everyone have to fight him once and once again, while we shouldn't.
There are some conditions in where players should be IP-Banned, that's an example of it.

Reactions: Lilleh__
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom