Quis

Forum Expert
Feb 4, 2020
The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello everyone.

This thread might seems a bit wannabe, but I don’t mean it like that.

I’ll explain.

The last few days and weeks, I’ve seen a lot of Dutch moderators gotten promoted, demoted or they’ve resigned.

This is very unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do about it.

To avoid problems in the future, I think it might be a good idea to reopen the Dutch helper applications for Java.

I’ll mention once again that this isn’t a wannabe move. I just think it would be a smart move.

I’m not adding a poll for this thread, because probably a lot of people will vote yes. I’ll just let the staff team look at this.

Thanks for reading this.

East

Dedicated Member
Oct 26, 2016
モンスターボール
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I'm sorry but I disagree. There are still around 20 moderators who speak Dutch and most of them mainly play on Java. Reports are usually done pretty quickly so there's no need to open them if there's still enough Dutch Java moderators. There are just too many Dutch Java Moderators at the moment to open them right now.

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Nice idea but
Im just going to say, there is not enough 1.8 Java/ Bedrock mods.
I know maybe 3 Bedrock mods who main java and dont 'pLaY oN aLl vErSiOnS'
Maybe reopen it for 1.8 mods? I know they already have for it open for bedrock, this would be a temporary solution but may work well.

Reactions: SoSander

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'd rather they hire more helpers that speak more obscurely represented languages or users active on bedrock. As East said, there are already a lot of dutch mods still on CubeCraft and I do think this should change in the future, as of now I think it should remain in place.

Reactions: Lecura and Priley
D

Deleted member 469419

There's already too many dutch moderators, I'd rather to see new spanish staff members since this community it's dead and also their reports take a while to be reviewed. ):

D

Deleted member 469419

There are 7 active members of the staff team I know of that speak Spanish. I'd hardly call that dead. ;)
check the discord (; and then tell me. 7 Spanish staff members vs 20 dutch staff members. Compare.
And not all them are pretty active.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
check the discord (; and then tell me. 7 Spanish staff members vs 20 dutch staff members. Compare.
And not all them are pretty active.

Whenever I need to report something in Spanish it gets handled pretty quickly. I'd say those users are active enough to get the job done. Not to mention users who speak Spanish that are not affected by the temporary requirements can still apply.

D

Deleted member 469419

Whenever I need to report something in Spanish it gets handled pretty quickly.
It depends of the day, actually. There's currently 6 Spanish staff members from the admin/moderation team. Which only 4 of them are from the moderation team (Onik, Spoon, Calichin and HackersDontWin), Do you really think that amount is actually a good enough ? I do not.

As I said, it depends of the timezone of each one and their task, both in real life as cubecraft games.

Of those mods, the most active one with reports is Spoon, followed by Calichin and CapitanGato(that also review reports). But I've only seen HDW handling a report, and it was only once!

Ofc I'm not saying that they don't have other task and all that... I'm just saying how it is.
I'd say those users are active enough to get the job done.
Again, not enough ones.
Not to mention users who speak Spanish that are not affected by the temporary requirements can still apply.
I know, that's what I'm saying that they should focus on Spanish players or just players from other timezone. Not Dutchies.

Edit: Not to mention that the Spanish discord community is died on my opinion (and I'm not the only one who thinks it). Rare time Spanish staffs speak on it, which maybe could boost it!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
It depends of the day, actually. There's currently 6 Spanish staff members from the admin/moderation team. Which only 4 of them are from the moderation team (Onik, Spoon, Calichin and HackersDontWin), Do you really think that amount is actually a good enough ? I do not.

As I said, it depends of the timezone of each one and their task, both in real life as cubecraft games.

Of those mods, the most active one with reports is Spoon, followed by Calichin and CapitanGato(that also review reports). But I've only seen HDW handling a report, and it was only once!

Ofc I'm not saying that they don't have other task and all that... I'm just saying how it is.

Again, not enough ones.

I know, that's what I'm saying that they should focus on Spanish players or just players from other timezone. Not Dutchies.

Edit: Not to mention that the Spanish discord community is died on my opinion (and I'm not the only one who thinks it).

They can still hire Spanish players. Just not in your timezone, I agree with hiring more, just not in the timezones that were closed off. Anyways, this is off-topic so I'll end it off here.

D

Deleted member 469419

They can still hire Spanish players. Just not in your timezone, I agree with hiring more, just not in the timezones that were closed off.
Yeah I know they can still hire players from South America and they should. But I think the also should hire players from my timezone. There's not too many staff members from Spain nowadays. And as you may already know the slang from Spain it is different to South America. And not only that, as I mentioned above, the timezone it's an important factor to consider. They should focus on players who not only want to help with reports and internal responsibilities but discord too. There's literally no comparation between Spanish discord and Dutch discord, the Dutch channel it is way more live and also the Spanish staffs join first to other channels instead of Spanish ones. They should balance the Spanish timezone.

D

Deleted member 469419

Please lock this thread. It’s getting off-topic.
No it isn't, we're talking about helper application situation. So, it's realated.

Edit: Even though; your thread, your wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom