Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I feel like it's time again to reopen the Spanish applications for Java. There are really not that many Spanish moderators, and I feel like it already takes longer than it should to handle Spanish reports.

There are currently 5 Spanish staff members who do moderation. With them included is CapitanGato, who doesn't focus on reports a lot as he is an admin. That leaves 4 moderators from who 1 is not really active and 1 mostly focusses on Bedrock. This is not a lot and for that reason I think it is strange to reject Spanish applicants. A new Spanish moderator would be great!

Let me know what you think about it!

@Cynamooo I'll tag you since you are involved with this!

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Hello, very interesting suggestion.

If you'd look at the number of staff members you'd indeed find out that the Spanish members are a great minority. However, I don't believe that's on purpose. As far as I can tell there are only general applications on here, not applications per language. Meaning that the only reason there are so few Spanish staff members must be that there aren't enough applicants who meet the requirements.

That being said, I am unaware of the report status and if there really is a great delay in the process of Spanish reports, though if this is true then more Spanish moderators would really be of essence. It's just not as simple as it appears to be, applicants aren't being denied because they're Spanish, at least I hope not. There just aren't enough of them.

Thus in reality, this is a more complicated matter, one I don't believe is something the CubeCraft management team can fix (easily).

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
However, I don't believe that's on purpose. As far as I can tell there are only general applications on here, not applications per language. Meaning that the only reason there are so few Spanish staff members must be that there aren't enough applicants who meet the requirements.
Applications for people who only speak Dutch, Spanish and/or English are currently closed.

Reactions: witcher

witcher

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2021
Applications for people who only speak Dutch, Spanish and/or English are currently closed.
I see, thank you for your response.

Evidently I've been looking in the wrong direction, allow me to correct myself. If there's a great delay in Spanish reports compared to others it'd be very wise to change this Policy to Dutch and English only. This is, after all, only going to increase efficiency.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Headqche

Nov 1, 2019
I don't really think this is necessary, since this is when Translators come in.
Translators are there to translate reports/things that staffmembers might think are mutable or even if normal players think something is mutable they can ask for a translation in the Translation Team if you're a part of that.
I think that the staff team is doing fine as it is and don't necessarily think it needs more Spanish moderators.
Reports might just take a little longer sometime, but in the end, they'll definitely be handled, so just wait a bit :)

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
I don't really think this is necessary, since this is when Translators come in.
Translators are there to translate reports/things that staffmembers might think are mutable or even if normal players think something is mutable they can ask for a translation in the Translation Team if you're a part of that.
That is not true. As there are Spanish moderators, moderators speaking another language are not allowed to handle Spanish reports. They have to leave them for the Spanish moderator to handle. The translation team may only translate the reports for languages which are not spoken by any moderator.
I think that the staff team is doing fine as it is and don't necessarily think it needs more Spanish moderators.
Reports might just take a little longer sometime, but in the end, they'll definitely be handled, so just wait a bit :)
That makes no sense to me. The report system is now less efficient than it could be, while there are Spanish applicants who are willing to help that can't apply currently. Why would they deny those applicants while they need them? It is not like it costs Cubecraft money to hire moderators, there is need for more Spanish moderators so why not open the applies again?

The only reason to close applications for a specific language is because there is absolutely no need for new helpers only speaking that language. That is not the case anymore for Spanish in my opinion.

Cynamooo

Forum Veteran
Aug 26, 2015
Hello, thank you for bringing this forward! I'll keep this very short :p There has been another user who forwarded this as well to me, and with the things he provided, and you as well, I'll definitely be taking a look at this! Thanks again!

D

Deleted member 469419

What can I say except that as a Spanish member of this community I totally agree. I also forwarded this concern to the staff team not so long ago, and it really makes me happy that it has been finally forwarded.

(Thanks Cynamoo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ElFlxen_'s profile.
Cool person!
Hqteful wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!!🎉
FIRE BUNDLE?? 🌟
Sick!
IMG_5373.png
Reesle wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, Pro Duckerator! 🥳🎉🐤
Eli
Did you know... 466 forum usernames contain the word “cube”, 3512 contain the word “craft”, and 683 contain the word “Creeper”.
Top Bottom