Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
3 Months ago I made a bug report about corpses not being visible in Survival Games if you are using Optifine on Minecraft 1.12. The same issue is also on Minecraft 1.12.1 so I assume it will persist on 1.12.2 as well.
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 13.36.14-fullpage.png
Since then I looked into that issue and it seems that it is caused by all corpses having the null character as their name.
Screenshot_2017-09-15_13-38-39.png
While that looks like a bug in Optifine, since it changes the behavior of vanilla minecraft, I'm not sure if they will change it since I don't know of any other server that has this problem. If I'm correct, it would be very simple to fix this by giving the corpses a different name.

So my suggestion that you either change the name or tell me why that won't fix the problem.

On a sidenote I think the mechanic of looting corpses for saturation is bad and should be removed anyway. Most players don't know about it at all, so there are always lots of unlooted corpses around. I personally don't know when it's possible to loot corpses, I've heard that it's only possible for the cannibal kit but I wouldn't know since there is no reason to use any other kit when the cannibal is absurdly overpowered. Additional suggestions: Remove the looting corpses mechanic completely and change the cannibal to only set your hunger to 20 and saturation to 9 instead of giving you the saturation effect on kill.

WellArentYouSweet

Jan 7, 2016
Tiphon, The Frontier
Sorry for necroposting, but this is still not fixed (only rename it!).
Btw, the plugin "CorpseReborn" (open source, using bed method -not elytra-) spawns corpses without nametag, using a invisible nerfed cow for a better hitbox (optional), and works over 1.12+ with optifine.

On a sidenote I think the mechanic of looting corpses for saturation is bad and should be removed anyway. Most players don't know about it at all, so there are always lots of unlooted corpses around. I personally don't know when it's possible to loot corpses.

I think that with specifying what is possible with cannibal and vampire kits, it is enough.

I've heard that it's only possible for the cannibal kit but I wouldn't know since there is no reason to use any other kit when the cannibal is absurdly overpowered.

At this time, only works with vampire and cannibal. Also, when you dies you still can looting and deactivating corpses.
I would add a cooldown for each looted corpse or kill.

...Still waiting for a fix. Of course, the bug itself is due to optifine. However, the cubecraft team has at least 2 additional solutions; one of them being ridiculously easy (rename corpses to, for example, "_" without quotes).

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Sorry for necroposting, but this is still not fixed (only rename it!).
Btw, the plugin "CorpseReborn" (open source, using bed method -not elytra-) spawns corpses without nametag, using a invisible nerfed cow for a better hitbox (optional), and works over 1.12+ with optifine.

I think that with specifying what is possible with cannibal and vampire kits, it is enough.

At this time, only works with vampire and cannibal. Also, when you dies you still can looting and deactivating corpses.
I would add a cooldown for each looted corpse or kill.

...Still waiting for a fix. Of course, the bug itself is due to optifine. However, the cubecraft team has at least 2 additional solutions; one of them being ridiculously easy (rename corpses to, for example, "_" without quotes).
Apparently it's fixed in the preview version of Optifine. <https://github.com/sp614x/optifine/issues/999>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Reesle wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on FxVoidz's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Eli
The forums feel so slow on Sundays
Top Bottom