Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

🏆 Remove Trophies from Arcade Games

Hi y'all! It's me again, back with another suggestion. Today I played Quake Craft and it wasn't the first time I heard someone asking what the 'trophies' were above everyone's name. Although I've heard it so often, I thought it was time for a change, a revolution! No, I'm just kidding, but I do think something has to change.

🤔 What are 'Trophies'?

Great question! As I said, you wouldn't be the first to ask that. Wouldn't be without a reason, because you can find them everywhere!
1642609129729.png

Above people's name before the game starts
trophies.png
After you complete a side task in your chat, and after you finish a game, behind the top 3 players' name and behind the MVP's name!

But what are they? After I obtained them, where can I find them? Is there somewhere where they keep track of this?

All these questions could come to your mind if you are quite 'new' to CubeCraft. Trophies were part of the point system for a bigger game called Arcade Shuffle. In this game you played a game of most of the Arcade minigames to score points. These points (trophies) were counted together at the end, and the players with the most trophies at the end won. The game was about being good all-round, and not being good at one specific game. A complete different kind of playing arcade games, which was a lot of fun back in the days when this existed (I'd say 2018, but I'm not sure. Maybe even before that... A long time, that's for sure).

You don't have to be very experienced in Java to know that something like Arcade Shuffle isn't in the lobby anymore. Due to too little players, arcade got struck by the ban-hammer, putting it all together in the Featured Game cycle, and removing some games completely. Now even though I liked the game a lot, multiple people asked to get it back, without any results. I won't boher y'all with another suggestion of bringing back Arcade Shuffle, or anything similar with the Featured Game cycle. My suggestion is quite small compared to that.

🤔 If trophies aren't used anymore, why are they still existing?

Now this is an even better question! It surprises me not seeing this suggested before after all those years of it existing in the game, but not being used. I'm not that lazy that I make this thread to stop telling people what this exactly is, but to avoid confusion, I think it would be better to remove trophies in each form of their existence right now. I always hoped they suspended Arcade Shuffle, that they would bring it back on a later occasion, for some big update. Over three years of waiting later, I think it's time to remove the system. There isn't any place Cube keeps track of the trophies, so that wouldn't be a valid argument against this thread (would also be a solution, although I wouldn't understand adding that lol)

😇 I've took the time to read all this, now what?

Well, you've reached the end, thanks for that!! Reading this is already appreciated, but letting me know what you think even more! That's why I would like to ask you to vote either :agree: or :disagree: (or :unsure:, of course 😛). Please don't respond with likes or other stuff, since that doesn't do anything for the thread.

Any questions about Trophy System in general, the suggestion or something else related to the thread? Please put it in a comment, and I'll try to read and respond as soon as possible! Any other notes can also be put here!

Much love, thanks for reading, and I'll see you either in the comment section or in a next suggestion! :heart:

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
wasnt the title enough information? i agree tho but why is this thread so long
Why not making it so long? Now it includes all information you'd possibly need, and for people who are completely new with the whole thing (or from bedrock), they can still form their opinion after reading the piece

it indeed could be shorter but from other suggestions it often appears that people don't understand logic stuff because its not explained, i want to avoid that :D

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance Member
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
You know it’s a good thread when it only has agreed haha

• Haha
Reactions: Blom

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I have read through the rules and afaik I won’t get banned for necroposting again, because its a forwarded suggestion.

I actually don’t agree with this. While they share literally no use atm. Trophies were of quite some use to people who got a lot of them. Kloska, PerryJ and so on. Not sure if there is a leaderboard. Or if it might still be there, but not visible. However, they put a lot of effort into getting them. And you suggesting them, while I initially even agreed, (because what use have they, let’s be honest) I think they should still be around, maybe even in a leaderboard, for people who put a lot of effort into it.

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I have read through the rules and afaik I won’t get banned for necroposting again, because its a forwarded suggestion.

I actually don’t agree with this. While they share literally no use atm. Trophies were of quite some use to people who got a lot of them. Kloska, PerryJ and so on. Not sure if there is a leaderboard. Or if it might still be there, but not visible. However, they put a lot of effort into getting them. And you suggesting them, while I initially even agreed, (because what use have they, let’s be honest) I think they should still be around, maybe even in a leaderboard, for people who put a lot of effort into it.
I totally get what you mean. I wouldn't have suggested it if there were any plans to bring arcade shuffle back, but not even in the far future this will happen (sadly ;-;). I understand how people put effort into something and it gets removed, that seems really unfair for those players. On the other hand, people that grinded weeks or even months on assassin kills, have the same faith. It's a consideration between the use and the effort people put in before, and for me, that's why they should be removed, as they are only distracting people from the actual game. I've explained what trophies were far too often, and there are even game tips that still contain 'trophy' in them, which are completely useless. I see your point, hence I definitely see why you disagree, but I hope this gives you a bit more insight on my pov! <3

Reactions: Komodо

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Hello Blom,

Your suggestion was discussed within the server team, and we decided to mark it as planned.

We've had some recent discussions within our team about the use of thropies and decided that it is probably better to remove the system entirely. We will be looking into implementing your suggestion eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom