Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Increasing the price of the punch bow was a great first step thank you staff! however the punch bow is still there in all of its camping glory. There is not much good of it in my opinion, it makes everyone have to be extremely cautious crossing bridges, yes it can be helpful, but it is mostly a preventation to pvp, snipe someone off a bridge to not stab them later, bowspam someone to not have to stab someone. Using a bow doesn't take much skill, just look at how many campers there were before 25 diamond punch bow
Idk this may be asking for too much we did just get a punch bow nerf a few days ago. Please tell me why the punch bow is a good thing to keep around

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It's not that much of a problem anymore (mind you that this comes from me) IMO.
It's cheaper to get full iron than to get a punch bow, so mid camping with a punch bow shouldn't really be a thing anymore now.
Base campers are also a lot easier to deal with since there are now enderpearls/
Shields are only 5 diamonds more expensive.

So yeah, I think it's pretty balanced right now.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The Punch bow is a weapon and you can't win Eggwars without a weapon. Also, it takes more time to buy one now.
Well, there are also swords, y'know the thing you kill people with, there are also axes. Technically pick axes. You can punch people too technically, if the only way you can kill people is with a bow, then that Is a little sad

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
Well, there are also swords, y'know the thing you kill people with, there are also axes. Technically pick axes. You can punch people too technically, if the only way you can kill people is with a bow, then that Is a little sad
No of course not, but swords, axes and pickaxes are weapons too ;)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Eggwars can be easily won without a bow, why should we keep it around if all it does is cause campers and bowspammers?

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
There are many campers that use the punch bow and they will continue to use it. It was certainly a great spel for increading the bow, but removing this isn't a Good option in My opinion. Why should we remove it?, Yes because campers use it And they bow spam. I don't find that a good reason for removing this. It is very handy in OP, because the armor is too OP And it is difficult for killing anyone with 10 golden apples, you can end the game faster with a punch bow.

Reactions: 0ffense

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Idk about op mode because I never play it, however on normal, games would go much faster. No more safebridging and skybridgibg, heck we wouldn't need enderpearls, if op is only playable with the punch bow, then is it really that much fun? Go to sumo or spleen if you like bowspamming and spleefing that much.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I dont like this idea.
If you dont want to have bowspammers camping, thats why there are e-pearls.
And there are shields.
There is a lot of ways to avoid them aswell. (Midcamping)

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I asked this question twice, the cons of the punch bow, camping, bow spammers
Please tell me any pros you have, Otherwise the cons outweigh the pros. The bow is a noobs best friend

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I asked this question twice, the cons of the punch bow, camping, bow spammers
Please tell me any pros you have, Otherwise the cons outweigh the pros. The bow is a noobs best friend
I can destroy both of the cons.

Campers: You have enderpearls. 64 diamonds. Save up for one.
Bowspammers: Get a sheild. Dont let them hit you. It just takes skill.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Campers: You have enderpearls. 64 diamonds. Save up for one.
Breaks the flow of the game, especially if you are using a rushing strat, with this the other team can get 2 notch apples per player on my team. On op 2 pieces of diamond armor.
They can get a notch apple in the time it takes me to get a shield, so now I have to use skill to compensate for someone's lack of skill, equality.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Breaks the flow of the game, especially if you are using a rushing strat, with this the other team can get 2 notch apples per player on my team. On op 2 pieces of diamond armor.
How does it break the flow of the game?
So what about Notch apples? Just get loads of normal gaps. In 1.9 Notch Apples arent like they were in 1.8.

Diamond armour.
Get multiple sets of iron (3-4). You are guaranteed to win.

[QUOTE="Blomhaven, post: 852331, member: 324119]

They can get a notch apple in the time it takes me to get a shield, so now I have to use skill to compensate for someone's lack of skill, equality.[/QUOTE]

Again, use multiple golden apples and you have a better chance.

Idek what you meant by the last part. If you have better skill, then you should be able to win...
Well hopefully.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Also if you are on pizza at a tomato, the biwspammer will win, what can you do? If you pull out your shield then they can w-tap you off, good luck trying to juke them, bowspammerwins that scenario 98% of the time

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
How does it break the flow of the game?
So what about Notch apples? Just get loads of normal gaps. In 1.9 Notch Apples arent like they were in 1.8.

I am rushing everyone with my stone sword and leather armor, let's say this is the map toys, I killed 4 teams and the last team are camping, I never touched diamonds the whole game yet now to finish I need 64! To level up my home gen to level 3 will take 225 seconds, now for me and my teammate to both get enderpearls this will take 320 seconds, ok, geuss how much loot the other team can get with that much time. 545 gold, and 218 diamonds. That is one person fully stacked everything in the game achieved for op, now time for me to get some gear.

Again, use multiple golden apples and you have a better chance.

What are golden apples going to do against the void?

The last part about more skill = win, well if they are spamming me with arrows unskillfully, why should my fight with a noob require all of my willpower?

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
To level up my home gen to level 3 will take 225 seconds
Then use the mid gens and upgrade them.

What are golden apples going to do against the void?
The void automatically kills you.

. 545 gold, and 218 diamonds. That is one person fully stacked
*Assuming they have max level gens and is in normal mode*
Yeah, ONE PERSON fully stacked. The other person doesn't have stacked gear, so target him after you e-pearl. He wont be stacked by the time you e-pearl.

The last part about more skill = win, well if they are spamming me with arrows unskillfully, why should my fight with a noob require all of my willpower?
Dodge them. (Not easy but I've done it many times)

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Eggwars can be easily won without a bow, why should we keep it around if all it does is cause campers and bowspammers?
Campers use pickaxes to break bridges, get rid of pickaxes too. Campers eat food, that's gotta go. Campers use their base, no more bases. Oh I once killed a camper who still had their egg and they respawned, gotta get rid of the eggs now. Campers use mid to get diamonds and turn their diamond gens on, gotta ged rid of mid now too.

Now that we've gotten rid of the things that campers use, what do we have? That's right, absolutely nothing. "Campers use it" isn't an excuse to get rid of something, because it can be used by non-campers and against campers as well.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Well, the difference between pickaxes, food, bases, eggs, mid vs punch bow is that everyone needs them, they are a necessity for good gameplay, Everyone at least once won a game without using a punch bow, have you ever won a game without food blocks or a pick? I dont think so, think of a rightful excuse why the punch bow makes gameplay better? without it you wouldnt need to deal with campers,

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
Well, the difference between pickaxes, food, bases, eggs, mid vs punch bow is that everyone needs them, they are a necessity for good gameplay, Everyone at least once won a game without using a punch bow, have you ever won a game without food blocks or a pick? I dont think so, think of a rightful excuse why the punch bow makes gameplay better? without it you wouldnt need to deal with campers,
I've won plenty of games without a pick. My teammates went eggbreaking xD

On a more serious note, the punch bow does make gameplay better. Let's say someone is camping, and you build a bridge over to their island but they're just standing there waiting for you to jump down. You can punchbow them away and jump down without having to take damage and fight at the same time. Also, if you and a teammate go to break an egg you can have one person digging into the block(s) around the egg and another with the punchbow. It can also save your ass in pvp, If you gapple, punchbow, gapple you can get your hearts back up without getting hit. It also lets you get away from people you don't want to fight early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom