Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

Currently all of the Discord voice channels have caps to the number of people on them. Despite this staff are constantly moving people into full channels to bypass the limit just on request. If people can just ask to be put in the voice channels, it kinda ruins the whole point of having a limit as there can easily be more people in the call. I say that we should just remove the limit as there's not much if any point in having it while staff move people in on request.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
From certain perspectives, the limit can still be good. No one would be able to spam join and leave if a channel is full and I doubt that staff members would keep moving the same person into the same channel multiple times. So it does prevent that.

As well as mentioned above, probably way more people would go into the same channel which would be quite chaotic.

D

Deleted member 59979

I have to disagree on this. They put a cap so the call won’t be to crowded. And even if staff move players in the call not anyone can just join to make it even more crowded. And maybe add a poll so people can vote?
Not adding a poll so that people are forced to comment why they disagree instead of just voting no :)

From certain perspectives, the limit can still be good. No one would be able to spam join and leave if a channel is full and I doubt that staff members would keep moving the same person into the same channel multiple times. So it does prevent that.

As well as mentioned above, probably way more people would go into the same channel which would be quite chaotic.
Yeah, but calls very rarely reach the limit anyway and when they do it usually gets to a case of staff moving people. Sure, people can't spam and leave really quickly but that happens so infrequently it's not really that much of an issue anyway.

Sure, it might be less chaotic sometimes, but calls can easily be just as chaotic with less people. If there are enough staff able to move people around into full voice channels then they are enough staff to make sure that there are no issues with the voice channels. From experience from multiple other servers, once you get to around 6-8 people I find that it gets no more chaotic regardless of how many people join. Plus, if staff are adding people to channels manually then the voice channels then the channel must be not chaotic enough to let even more people in. If the call would get too chaotic then staff wouldn't be letting channels get up to over 11/8 people right?

I feel like it might actually be a better solution to just, ban staff from moving people into channels. I get that it would be more chaotic, and I don't really have much of an argument against it although if staff are manually moving people into the channel then they must be finding it not too chaotic.

Reactions: Entrustious6679

Raggedreaper

Apr 13, 2020
Maybe not for the regular calls. But if an event or stream is going on they do tend to get crowded. I actually would support larger call servers because most of the time only a few people are actually talking while others are lurking and watching the stream

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Late Happy Birthday! 🎈🎉
Top Bottom