Not open for further replies.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey there! 😃

As you know, in Skywars you can take an item and change his name using an anvil to make funny messages when you kill someone for example.

anvil suggestion.png

The problem

The fact is that not many people use it to do that and what they do is put inappropriate tags or toxic messages.

Some time ago I tried to report a player for putting inappropriate things in the tags and my report was denied because I need to record how that player is on an anvil renaming the item and then killing someone.
That was impossible for me since we were in team skywars and each team was on an island at the start of the game.

➡️ Here is an exaple of what I mean with the tags:

example suggestion.png

My idea

My suggestion is to disable those tags or make it impossible to rename the items in the anvils to avoid those messages that in most cases are inappropriate.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and please react with :agree: if you agree, :unsure: if you are not sure (I would like you to explain me why) and :disagree: if you disagree (I would like you to explain me why too)

Frontlane

🦦
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Jul 20, 2017
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey xAmazinq, I understand where you're coming from, but I don't really agree, because when implementing this, not only anvil renaming should be disabled; it would be logical to remove the nametags you get when you get a pet from a lucky block in Luck Islands as well, as inappropriate names can be given to pets as well.
Given I like to name pets from time to time and it's quite logical you get a nametag with them, I wouldn't like to see this getting implemented. The reporting process is basically the same as you need proof of the person naming an item or a pet.
This suggestion feels more like something that prevents a rule from being broken by limiting a feature in the game, which also has an influence on innocent players that just want to have fun and give their weapon or pet a nice name 😎
I get that it might be hard to get evidence of this, but I don't believe they should go as far as disabling it completely because of that reason.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey xAmazinq, I understand where you're coming from, but I don't really agree, because when implementing this, not only anvil renaming should be disabled; it would be logical to remove the nametags you get when you get a pet from a lucky block in Luck Islands as well, as inappropriate names can be given to pets as well.
Given I like to name pets from time to time and it's quite logical you get a nametag with them, I wouldn't like to see this getting implemented. The reporting process is basically the same as you need proof of the person naming an item or a pet.
This suggestion feels more like something that prevents a rule from being broken by limiting a feature in the game, which also has an influence on innocent players that just want to have fun and give their weapon or pet a nice name 😎
I get that it might be hard to get evidence of this, but I don't believe they should go as far as disabling it completely because of that reason.
I understand what you are saying but I have never talked about eliminating pets. Tags and pets are something completely different.
Pets have an owner and are usually much easier to identify than tags in skywars.
My idea is to simply remove the 'Skywars' tags (also teams), not Lucky islands

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
it would be logical to remove the nametags you get when you get a pet from a lucky block in Luck Islands as well, as inappropriate names can be given to pets as well.
there's a filter on those so you can’t name them smth bad

anyway I suggested to add that same filter to item names a while back and it got planned so ig this wouldn’t be necessary anymore then

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
there's a filter on those so you can’t name them smth bad

anyway I suggested to add that same filter to item names a while back and it got planned so ig this wouldn’t be necessary anymore then
I didn't know that there was already a filter for pets
I agree with you so if it has already been discussed and it has been marked as planned, could someone lock this post? :)

Reactions: xHappyMood
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Lyriie wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations and welcome back!
Lyriie wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations and welcome to the team!
Lyriie wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations and welcome to the team!
Kazwa wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the team! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats and welcome to the team! ^^
Top Bottom