Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
I agree with this threat
I sincerely hope you mean thread...

Anyway I don't play skywars that much so I don't think my vote counts for too much about this. But I feel like fishing rods do have a purpose, I have seen some really cool videos of people getting killed by them. So I personally think they should stay honestly.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The fishing rod in skywars is used for many things and techniques when fighting, it is very useful to push someone or for many traps and redstone mechanisms.

I think it's a very bad idea to eliminate this item, it is one of the most fun and useful and I think that if it was eliminated many ways of playing would be lost and would affect SkyWars into a negative way.

Last edited:

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I agree. While they were useful in 1,8, as some players preferred them over eggs and snowballs, I really don't see the point of trying to mess up someone with them in 1,9, and when it happens, it annoying. I just don't feel like it's a part of 1,9 pvp.

TenCookies

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2021
Jerusalem
While I understand the problem and agree that it can be extremely frustrating I don't believe that it's a good enough reason for the fishing rod's removal. It can create some magical moments and has a huge amount of potential for some legendary plays. In fact, if you hadn't known, you can use the fishing rods on many entities such as boats, falling blocks, lit TNT, minecarts, and of course - players. It would be a shame for all of this potential to go to waste. To show you what I mean and to maybe even convince you of the fishing rod's large potential contribution to SkyWars - I've created a poorly edited montage of clips that I've gathered in the past half a year. You can check it out here :)

Regarding the sight issue - I definitely agree that in some cases it can be an unfair advantage which is why I personally always do my best to not leave the hook on the player for long durations, especially in combat when it's the most disturbing. I've looked into some possible client-side solutions and with much help from the amazing @SanCookie, two options were found:
1) Making the bait completely invisible:
unknown.png
2) Making the bait smaller:
unknown.png

how it looks when it's attached to you:

unknown.png

Feel free to dm me if you want to learn more about these two solutions - TenCookies#1934 :)

Another solution that I thought of now would be to disallow attaching baits to players for long durations of time without the intention of ever pulling the player. Let me know what you think about that ^~^

Last edited:

Goldy

Novice Member
Mar 31, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/She/They
Another solution that I thought of now would be to disallow attaching baits to players for long durations of time without the intention of ever pulling the player.
I feel like there's a few problems with this idea..

Firstly how would you determine whether or not someone had the intention of pulling the player? They could've just been waiting for the right time. Also maybe the player simply didn't realise the bait was still attached to the player during pvp, it's entirely possible in the heat of the moment and I feel it would be unfair to punish for that.

Secondly how would you make it sufficiently clear this isn't allowed to casual players, it's a pretty specific rule which I doubt many servers would have.

Thirdly, (kinda tied in with the first point), wouldn't this be very hard to actually enforce? You wouldn't know for certain if it's properly deserved or not, and on top of that, considering there's a thread made about the topic it seems like there's a lot of players who use this tactic..

Your client side solutions seem like they could work if someone is really bothered by it, so I feel like that should be enough to fix this issue! :D

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
While I understand the problem and agree that it can be extremely frustrating I don't believe that it's a good enough reason for the fishing rod's removal. It can create some magical moments and has a huge amount of potential for some legendary plays. In fact, if you hadn't known, you can use the fishing rods on many entities such as boats, falling blocks, lit TNT, minecarts, and of course - players. It would be a shame for all of this potential to go to waste. To show you what I mean and to maybe even convince you of the fishing rod's large potential contribution to SkyWars - I've created a poorly edited montage of clips that I've gathered in the past half a year. You can check it out here :)

Regarding the sight issue - I definitely agree that in some cases it can be an unfair advantage which is why I personally always do my best to not leave the hook on the player for long durations of time, especially in combat when it's the most disturbing. I've looked into some possible client-side solutions and with much help from the amazing @SanCookie, two options were found:
View attachment 210295

View attachment 210296

Feel free to dm me if you want to learn more about these two solutions - TenCookies#1934 :)

Another solution that I thought of now would be to disallow attaching baits to players for long durations of time without the intention of ever pulling the player. Let me know what you think about that ^~^
I mean I guess it’s fine if it stays as long as those 2 solutions work because it’s indeed an unfair advantage (blinding people the entire fight) as you said yourself. I also appreciate the time u took to write all of this

Naitzirch

Nov 12, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him

Regarding the sight issue - I definitely agree that in some cases it can be an unfair advantage which is why I personally always do my best to not leave the hook on the player for long durations, especially in combat when it's the most disturbing. I've looked into some possible client-side solutions and with much help from the amazing @SanCookie, two options were found:
View attachment 210295

View attachment 210296

I really like the idea of the smaller bobber. The blinding thing is honestly the only thing I really dislike about fishing rods, everything else about them in skywars is cool.
With this we can remove the annoying and unfair gameplay while keeping the possibility of making awesome plays :) +1

D

Deleted member 347571

It is indeed annoying to be blinded especially in Minerware (hook mobs) but i see that @TenCookies already found a way to fix that issue.

HOWEVER i still think that the fishing rod is not good enough. It would be usefull if it drags people more than it already does, right now people glitch in the block they're standing on which means they won't die. It is genuinly fun to play with a fishing rod if it would work. You could also use it to save your teammates from falling in the void or to launch them in the air if they wear an elytra so maybe they should check this out?

TenCookies

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2021
Jerusalem
It is indeed annoying to be blinded especially in Minerware (hook mobs) but i see that @TenCookies already found a way to fix that issue.

HOWEVER i still think that the fishing rod is not good enough. It would be usefull if it drags people more than it already does, right now people glitch in the block they're standing on which means they won't die. It is genuinly fun to play with a fishing rod if it would work. You could also use it to save your teammates from falling in the void or to launch them in the air if they wear an elytra so maybe they should check this out?
I do know the occasional bug you're talking about but for me they usually work fine. I'm pretty sure it depends on the player's connection. Also, I haven't thought about attempting to use it with an elytra, sounds epic. Definitely going to try it once the elytra is available again

D

Deleted member 347571

I do know the occasional bug you're talking about but for me they usually work fine. I'm pretty sure it depends on the player's connection. Also, I haven't thought about attempting to use it with an elytra, sounds epic. Definitely going to try it once the elytra is available again
2% of the players in Lucky Islands do that, it's not really popular..

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi, my suggestion is short and simple, I want fishing rods removed from skywars. Let me know what you think..
The fishing rods bug is annoying indeed, but an item shouldn't be removed because of a bug as CubeCraft would completely remove a way of playing.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom