Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
I saw in the rules it is not allowed to edit registry. Why not? What does this do?

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
When you change your regedit, you basically get rid of your delay of your hits. This works the best on 1.8. I heard rumours it gives your also a bit more reach than normal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flufare

May 28, 2020
Most registry edits are just for ping and stuff. It's like a "legit" reach. There's a reason it's legal on most duels servers (to my knowledge) and that's because it just makes your side less laggy, allowing you to play as if you were on low ping. It doesn't remove hit-delay at all. Your hit-delay is the same, same with your reach. It's ping spoofing yourself to be 0 ping I guess? I used it on my old PC on MMC Velt etc and most staff were fine with it. It never triggered either of their anti-cheats either so :p

(This is my own knowledge of how reg-edits work, please don't take these as facts and if you want to know more about them look into them yourself <3)

Hulk_

Novice Member
May 19, 2020
United States
This is a very outdated method in which players believed they could improve their connection to the server, which in turn, would make PvP better. Before 1.8, Minecraft used Nagle's algorithm to help optimize TCP packets. Players could disable this through editing their registry which is where this idea sparked. 1.8 removed this algorithm for both the client and server. Editing your registry now or adding in any sort of "TCPNoDelay" mods will have no effect, and some mods can even be malicious and give you unfair advantages in other ways. There is no use to editing your registry or installing any sort of mod that promises to "make your connection better". Needless to say, your system registry is very sensitive and forcefully making changes can cause problems for your computer.

Flufare

May 28, 2020
This is a very outdated method in which players believed they could improve their connection to the server, which in turn, would make PvP better. Before 1.8, Minecraft used Nagle's algorithm to help optimize TCP packets. Players could disable this through editing their registry which is where this idea sparked. 1.8 removed this algorithm for both the client and server. Editing your registry now or adding in any sort of "TCPNoDelay" mods will have no effect, and some mods can even be malicious and give you unfair advantages in other ways. There is no use to editing your registry or installing any sort of mod that promises to "make your connection better". Needless to say, your system registry is very sensitive and forcefully making changes can cause problems for your computer.
so placebo?

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
If this does nothing then why is it not allowed?

Hulk_

Novice Member
May 19, 2020
United States
so placebo?
It was once a thing, but only in versions 1.7.10 and below. So again, any changes will have no effect as its automatically disabled by both the client and server in 1.8.
If this does nothing then why is it not allowed?
It may just be something outdated. Something worth mentioning to the admin team to see if that can be updated. After writing my last reply, I looked into a popular "TCPNoDelay" mod for 1.8.9 and sure enough, there was code inside that gave the player both extended reach and gave the player they are fighting a larger hitbox. Both things which would result in a ban on CubeCraft for cheating. Again, there is no use to editing your registry keys, so it shouldn't be something that you would even need to worry about.

Reactions: Andyyy
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg: