Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What if the player runs out of food or regeneration?

• Food in overpowered game modes is scarce, and more golden apples should be added..

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Golden apples are pretty surplus, and the quantity should be reduced.

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Once, in those good times AKA 1.8, I was playing with my friend, I had 5 stacks of Golden Apples, and 2 stacks of God Apples.
Now, (just played 2 hours before), I've got 1 stack of GOD (not that god right know) Apples, and 2 stacks of Golden Apples.

So, yeah, reduce it.

Reactions: Hashbrownz

Hashbrownz

Aug 15, 2015
Straight to the point: I disagree with this.

It's not for nothing called 'Overpowerd' also having so much golden apples is really handy against teams if you're alone. this makes the gameplay easier for yourself. Anyway I think that reason is that you made this thread, That you were in a game and you couldn't win because someone was G'appeling.

You suggested in your thread to make it 75% less. So calculated, you had 9 stacks of golden apples founded in 12 chests (The center of the map Candy has 12 chests) what means that you have then about 2,25 Stacks? ''hmm'' A whole team of 5 is on mid and have to share 2,25 stacks golden apples with 5 people so every one get about 45 golden apples (If your teammate is nice enough to share them)?

As I said, I'll disagree with this suggestion it makes it not really overpowerd anymore.
And the last thing, you can get out the cave by yourself and I'm sure he'll come out and you can fight again normally.
I understand your opinion, but golden apples in 1.9 pvp are almost equivalent to notch apples in 1.8. Once you saturate your hunger with a golden apple, you get regeneration from the food you ate and the regeneration from the gapple

And the 9 stacks were only found at mid, so if a team enderpearls to mid in the beginning of the game each player will have 2 stacks which is a lot. If you go to mid, take the gapples, and ep to another island without sharing your golden apples you will end up with probably 15 stacks or even more.

And if the person escapes the cave, it usually ends up with the guy getting in a corner and bowspamming you or enderpearling to a different island, so you basically wasted your time attacking that person. The player might not be a beginner and go ahead and sword fight you, he will probably get low again and continue to eating golden apples and this will just keep repeating.

And lets say for example you enderpearl to an island with no golden apples because your teammate is selfish, and you enter a 1v1 with a person that is not as skilled as you. You will probably end up dying because that person has more healing than you do.

This is just my opinion and not everyone has to agree with me :)

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Let's look at it this way, could you be able to chug golden apples and be able to survive without having good armor and still be able to attack? Also for the people saying that the name is overpowered for a reason, it should be overpowered WITHIN reason not so stupidly overpowered that knockback almost becomes the only way to get a kill(unless you have tons of time to burn into one person). As Clumzy_ said skill does not matter due to the magnitude of op gear one person can get.

Reactions: Hashbrownz

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK
He's predominantly talking about team skywars, not regular skywars. All you have to do is run into a cave to avoid being bow spammed off the map
It is not for nothing overpowered..
what?

TheThunderCreper

Dec 4, 2015
So there are 3 types of chests in Skywars: basic, normal, and overpowered. Basic and normal chests are pretty balanced, and so are the ones in overpowered game modes, but I think that the chance of finding golden apples (normal golden apples) should be reduced, like a bit more than the chance of finding them in normal game modes, that is because when players go down to a low amount of health, all they do is keep eating golden apples until they run out or their armor breaks, which is pretty annoying and time-consuming to the player that is fighting that person; moreover, one stack of golden apples is more than enough for a game of overpowered; furthermore, I suggest lowering the amount of golden apples found in chests to about 75% less to make the game go faster, less frustrating, and overall enjoyable.

Please view the attached file below, that is how many golden apples I have collected in one game of overpowered chests.
I agree, golden apples are way too common, maybe getting around 20 is good, but 3 stacks is way too much...

Hashbrownz

Aug 15, 2015
You can easily get 20 golden apples in the gamemode Normal, How can you call it overpowerd anymore with 20 golden apples?
Personally, over my 3 years of playing on this server, I have never obtained 20 golden apples in normal game modes, maybe you have gotten luckier than me if you did find that many. Even 20 golden apples is still kind of overpowered if you ask me.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Mintypie231 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!!
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #42-
The real name of a hashtag is an octothorpe.
Sorry y'all, didn't have the capacity to find a good fact because I was sick.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
Top Bottom