Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuckerPunch2234

Apr 2, 2014
OBS - Open Broadcaster Software
I Hope that your mind decided to read this statement above which it did not do every reply I've wrote so far.
"Broadcaster" Last time I checked, Broadcast mean't "transmit (a programme or some information) by radio or television.".
It is not designed for recording but it can, you cannot compare Fraps, the best selling recording software with the highest quality, to OBS, a free software which is designed for Livestreaming to various websites and has limited quality and very little to customize. :)
Trust me mate fraps is a small chicken compared to other recording software like Dxtory and Action.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Trust me mate fraps is a small chicken compared to other recording software like Dxtory and Action.
I Love how we were debating on the technical and quality like differences between Fraps and OBS, Not Dxtory and Action.
Dxtory is definitely a +1 over Fraps, Fraps doesn't have as good as a customization experience like Dxtory does.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
What is the problem with a large file size? Just encode your videos before uploading them!
It's not that simple, encoding decreases audio and video quality, it also loses FPS and Lags the video.
There are techniques to do this without losing Quality, yet it doesn't take enough memory away.

Also, Programs such as Dxtory can record and save the video and it'll have memory as if it was recorded with fraps and already encoded.
Its much more Efficient, Reliable and is perfect for time saving.

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
It's not that simple, encoding decreases audio and video quality, it also loses FPS and Lags the video.
There are techniques to do this without losing Quality, yet it doesn't take enough memory away.

Also, Programs such as Dxtory can record and save the video and it'll have memory as if it was recorded with fraps and already encoded.
Its much more Efficient, Reliable and is perfect for time saving.

Encoding does not reduce quality unless you use bad software. Let's say handbrake, cuts files of
9eeb35ca4391514c3e5317750ce68e16.png
2gb to
200mb, with no reduction to quality or framerate.

The time used to record, edit/render and upload is large enough. If you want to record, put the time in to get good results.

tiger101tiger

Jul 9, 2014
USA
Can people just realize that some of these work good on slow computers, but bad on good computers. And others work bad on slow computers, and good on good computers? There is no "one is better than than another." One can be cheaper than another, and some may take up less room, but some work good for some computers, others don't. one can have more sales, and another can download faster. And I don't understand why people are arguing about which recording device is the best. I realize that everyone is trying to help @BraveHeart123 , but he just wanted to know what some good recording devices were, not having you argue about which is the best. he can decide which recording device he wants to use with the information about the recording devices you gave. I wish you would stop arguing, because it is getting annoying.
-tiger101tiger

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Encoding does not reduce quality unless you use bad software. Let's say handbrake, cuts files of
2gb to
200mb, with no reduction to quality or framerate.

The time used to record, edit/render and upload is large enough. If you want to record, put the time in to get good results.
Have you ever encoded a video before? I've done it for about 2 years now and It does reduce quality by huge amounts..
The whole reason it has such a large memory is because of the quality of the video and audio, What do you expect cutting that by 10% would do?
If you want me to take this further I'll show you complete proof.

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
Have you ever encoded a video before? I've done it for about 2 years now and It does reduce quality by huge amounts..
The whole reason it has such a large memory is because of the quality of the video and audio, What do you expect cutting that by 10% would do?
If you want me to take this further I'll show you complete proof.
Yes I have encoded videos. Don't make me out as an idiot.

allstarninja

Apr 17, 2014
www.google.co.uk
The act of encoding a video or other piece of data (seen as in theory any type of data can be encoded) is simply you changing the format of a file's data structure. Whether it be mp3 to mp4 or mp3 to flv. Encoding can be done efficiently and inefficiently, the amount of efficiency relies entirely on the software being used and the codec. By choosing a 'bad' codec you are reducing the video quality.

Writing something like that makes you out as an idiot, not me.

Oh, please. You basically said I was an idiot.

Oh, and if you want to get technical stop calling disk space 'memory'. They are two completely different things. ;)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I myself need a better recording software for uploading.

I attempted hypercam,but I need to convert files to video files.
Halpp mehhhh

FLYING_PIANO66

Jan 30, 2014
Can people just realize that some of these work good on slow computers, but bad on good computers. And others work bad on slow computers, and good on good computers? There is no "one is better than than another." One can be cheaper than another, and some may take up less room, but some work good for some computers, others don't. one can have more sales, and another can download faster. And I don't understand why people are arguing about which recording device is the best. I realize that everyone is trying to help @BraveHeart123 , but he just wanted to know what some good recording devices were, not having you argue about which is the best. he can decide which recording device he wants to use with the information about the recording devices you gave. I wish you would stop arguing, because it is getting annoying.
-tiger101tiger
Its getting annoying ?, Unfollow the thread. Its pretty easy.

And I use Fraps for vids and OBS for stream. I also use Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere to edit and render.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
Top Bottom