Should sentinel catch some offensive/harassing messages

• No

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 554749

I have recently run into players that value winning to extreme heights. Words said- exclusive of bad words could include- bad, you suck, sweaty ****, go to ****. I believe that sentinel should be able to catch some of these curse words and warn players for offensive language- I understand bad or whatever isn’t very offensive but I think if done to a harassing extent, the player should receive a warning or small ban.
Let me know what you guys think- I’ve reported those with extensive language but I believe that sentinel should catch language and filter it out- or the message just won’t send. Thx Equinox

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
I believe that sentinel should be able to catch some of these curse words and warn players for offensive language- I understand bad or whatever isn’t very offensive but I think if done to a harassing extent, the player should receive a warning or small ban.

Even if they were to receive a small punishment, they would not likely receive a ban. Most likely a temporary mute (if excessive), or just a warning.

If you tell the players to stop and they keep doing it repeatedly, or if it starts to become a big deal, then report it. If it is getting out of hand, you should include it in the Discord's #Staff-Help channel, or report it on the forums. You wont know if they are doing it to other people, or just yourself. Just be aware that they might just be having a bad day, you don't want to make it worse. However, if they are doing it to other people or if it gets out of hand, you might want to do something about it, let a staff member know!

Hope you have a great day, and hope these players take this into account when sending their messages! :D

Dutchyyy

Forum Expert
Feb 11, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi,

I don't think this is possible nor would I like to see this. Sentinel shouldn't deal with chat offences. These rules need to be enforced by moderators. There are a few words that require more context in order to issue a punishment. Someone might be explaining something or quoting someone else. A lot of players will be false muted, so I don't think this is a good idea.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Context is a very important thing when it comes to chat offenses, and as Sentinel is a bot it can't understand the context.

We also have a chat filter in place which should filter out most if not all swear words ~ if you see a word not being blocked, please forward those here. If you see someone breaking the rules, please report them here if you play on java and here if you play on bedrock.

ParkourCanadian

Novice Member
Sep 17, 2020
The United Nations of Planet Canada
Hi,

I don't think this is possible nor would I like to see this. Sentinel shouldn't deal with chat offences. These rules need to be enforced by moderators. There are a few words that require more context in order to issue a punishment. Someone might be explaining something or quoting someone else. A lot of players will be false muted, so I don't think this is a good idea.

Kinda surprised I didn't see this. This is very important now that I think about it!

D

Deleted member 554749

I’d just like to see the community as a better place that’s all. I understand that some people could be having a bad day however- their bad day could trickle onto others.

D

Deleted member 554749

Hi,

False mutes and band from sentinel already happen a lot. Perhaps better enforcement or knowledge of people reporting offensive behavior would help. Are moderators or any staff able to look back on previous games or is that it possible?

D

Deleted member 554749

Hi,

Yeah they could be quoting someone else and maybe quoting to another player what has been said. But calling a player trash 10 times in a game becomes excessive. I’m not asking for these people to just be punished I just believe new things could come into place to stop these players. It could be that players are having off days but I strongly believe they are not being nice in general. How and where could I report a toxic player that has multiple offenses and accounts of harassing people? What should that thread comprise of- multiple accounts showing the harassing person? Or a comp video? What does staff prefer in that sort of scenario?

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
I know the thread is locked, buttttttttt
How and where could I report a toxic player that has multiple offenses and accounts of harassing people?
Via the report site > java is https://reports.cubecraft.net and bedrock is https://cbecrft.net/bedrockreports ~ if it's really severe you could consider making a player safety thread > https://cbecrft.net/safety

What should that thread comprise of- multiple accounts showing the harassing person?
The more evidence the merrier. :D

Reactions: Dutchyyy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on GameWizardWalks's profile.
happy birthdayy :)
Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Top Bottom