Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
So lately, ive been playing more td. Something ive noticed is that a lot of people just dont seem to get the idea that u shouldnt put archer towers etc on 5x5 plots. I think there should be a fix so 3x3 towers cant go on 5x5 plots. I would also like to suggest that if a player has left the game, their towers be destroyed. I've seen a lot of people just put archer towers on all the 5x5 plots and then just leave the game. I've been reporting, but it still really ruins the game :(

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this suggestion would be great for people who don't know how to play the game but for a lot of people who know how to play the game the most strategic way to defend sometimes is to place 3by3s in 5by5s and vise versa, so I somewhat agree with your first point on 3by3 not going on 5by5 and 5by5s not going on 3by3s but I don't think it would be a good Idea at all to make a person who leaves Towers disappear because;
they could be the only one that placed and actually defended (only one that knows how to defend) there for the team would not only be at a player disadvantage but have less towers too

Last edited:
Reactions: TheZigbot9000

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Something ive noticed is that a lot of people just dont seem to get the idea that u shouldnt put archer towers etc on 5x5 plots. I think there should be a fix so 3x3 towers cant go on 5x5 plots

I'm a bit iffy about this one simply because this video by @CrystalDrop kinda opened my eyes to the idea of "responsibly" placing 3x3 towers on 5x5 spaces.
This is for the 5x5 spaces that also have 3x3 spaces behind them. Now for the single 5x5 spaces on the map these should be solely restricted for 5x5 towers since there is no good reason to place a 3x3 tower there.

I would also like to suggest that if a player has left the game, their towers be destroyed.

There used to be a system on The Chunk where you had to option to remove the towers of players that left the game which i honestly like better than outright removing them upon leaving the game.

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
I'm a bit iffy about this one simply because this video by @CrystalDrop kinda opened my eyes to the idea of "responsibly" placing 3x3 towers on 5x5 spaces.
This is for the 5x5 spaces that also have 3x3 spaces behind them. Now for the single 5x5 spaces on the map these should be solely restricted for 5x5 towers since there is no good reason to place a 3x3 tower there.

There used to be a system on The Chunk where you had to option to remove the towers of players that left the game which i honestly like better than outright removing them upon leaving the game.
Yea that would also work. Maube the tower is a high lvl zeus tower or something like that

Reactions: Matriox

Dubbz

May 3, 2020
First of all, you are still able to remove towers of players that left the game, you even get the sell coins for doing so which is nice.

On the actual topic of the post, there are definitely plenty of strategies that involve placing 3x3 towers on 5x5 squares (as shown in the video above), mainly because there aren't enough 5x5 towers to start with. There's only 3 different towers and one of them can only be placed once. Plus in the early game, all of these towers are relatively expensive and on maps like Perilous where there isn't much space at the very start, it's better to place something there to handle the zombies and spiders than just leave it empty. Usually this tower can be replaced later on when it's worth buying the more expensive tower anyway at the cost of only 100 coins or so thanks to the 60% sell price. Maybe if there were more towers to place in these squares and the archer tower "bug" gets fixed, this might be able to happen but for now there isn't a good enough reason to fully lock out other towers. Now on the other hand, for placing 5x5's on 3x3s, I can't think of any reason to do this considering that any of the towers right now are not as good as the 4 (or even 6 if placed badly) towers you can place there, even at full upgrades. While a lv3 turret might be better than 4 lv1 archers, it definitely isn't as good as 2 maxed archers a sorceror and a zeus, so maybe 3x3's can at least be locked out of, plus it can fix placing towers incorrectly and trolling with lv1s by placing off center. Of course, only exception would be the 15x8 areas with 5 3x3s and 3 5x5s in which this may work a bit differently. Anyway that's my thoughts, thanks for reading my massive wall of text on this!

Dubbz

May 3, 2020
Yes Zig, this screenshot should show this. You can see that the player left, and that I can sell it (the barrier icon shows up)

Attachments

• jhg.png
    jhg.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 193
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom