Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormy21GX

Novice Member
Jul 10, 2017
No, you cannot. Minecraft (and Spigot and CraftBukkit/Bukkit) are built in Java.

There's a Python version of Minecraft though (Minecraft PI Edition)
well im going to teach my self to do javascript coding since i cant do HTML

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
well im going to teach my self to do javascript coding since i cant do HTML
Good luck
I'd recommend you just watch some tutorials about it first but okay
HTML isnt even a programming language.. Let alone being able to make plugins with it..
Hypertext Markup language
Appearently it exists maybe by a different name than HTML which is obviously just an acronym maybe not

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Markup language
Markup language =/= Scripting Language =/= Programming language
From StackExchange.com
Let me attempt to find a dividing line between these three types of language. Of course, there will be numerous exceptions and counterexamples, since this is just my opinion.

• A markup language is used to control the presentation of data, like "represent these user names as a bullet list or as a table".

• A scripting language is used to mediate between programs in order to generate data. This is especially true of shell scripting languages like bash, but if you reflect on it, also Python or Perl came from the need to accomplish tasks in UNIX without writing a program in C. The program that you control most of the time in those languages is the interpreter of the language itself, which accomplishes general tasks for you. Other typical programs you interact with are database servers or web servers.

Going back to the user list metaphor, in a scripting language you ask the database "give me all user names", then ask the web server "send this user list to this requester".

• A programming language is used to transform data. It does so by creating CPU instructions that rewrite the input data into the output; hopefully, the desired output. Examples of transforming data is to compute a sum out of a number of addends, or solving a system of differential equations from a set of conditions, or writing and reading from a tree-like structure in a consistent manner given a sequence of possibly simultaneous queries.

Going back to the user list metaphor, in a programming language you write how to traverse a table of records, extract from each record the "name" field, and return all of them to the requester.

ThePixleWarrior

Aug 12, 2016
Malta
Minecraft is coded in java thus spigot bukkit and other plugins need to be coded in java aswell.

So long story short... NO

Firewall

Aug 27, 2017
HTML is for websites, Minecraft is fully built in Java, there's like no way you can make a HTML "plugin" work on a Java game, you can link it ofcourse to a plugin for example a ban counter when someone bans a player, it displays it on a website, but not the other way around.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
HTML is for websites, Minecraft is fully built in Java, there's like no way you can make a HTML "plugin" work on a Java game, you can link it ofcourse to a plugin for example a ban counter when someone bans a player, it displays it on a website, but not the other way around.
That’s incorrect. (Non-vanilla ban system. More or less what CubeCraft does) You save the ban on a database, then load up using JAVASCRIPT or PHP. HTML, together with CSS, is used to ‘build’ the website appearance (also, it can be done the other way round: Save something to a database using JS/PHP and load it with a plugin)
I don't think it's worth replying on thread that has been answered 6 times already :rolleyes:

plsnohate no banearon thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on S4nne's profile.
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
🐺
Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Top Bottom